Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I was upset that this isn't Titanfall 3

I played an hour or two with friends

I am no longer upset that this isn't Titanfall 3 (Still want it though)

It is very good and Marvin is adorable, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Give us solo and duo before we have to worry about disconnects/reconnects :colbert:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

*deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The EVA 8's spread is an 8 and my mind is blown

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Who is more perfect, chill man Gibraltar or lovely boy Pathfinder

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Why do I play this game better when I'm not talking on mic with my friends

The moment I play with pubbies I can suddenly down people and be useful

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

17/60 players killed and every single one of those fights had us at a disadvantage - poor cover, low resources, etc. Eventually after the hardest loving fight ever I managed to grab a turbocharged Devotion and a Kraber.

My friend hated the Kraber because it's bolt action. He is insane. That gun is a loving monster even if you're bad at aiming like myself. I hadn't played as Wraith before so some of my portals were flubs and my teleport abilities left a lot to be desired (I wasn't alive at the end of the match because I tried to teleport behind the last two survivors and reappeared right in front of them) but goddamn was she fun.

Was hoping to get more kills but the sheer damage output I caused pleases me a lot. This game is so good gently caress me.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I ignored the gently caress out of Bloodhound when I started playing but after trying them for a laugh I fell in love. Even ignoring the ping Super Spooky Wallhack Donk Button and the amazing Beast of the Hunt ability, I loving love their passive of being able to track footprints, loot and actions. The amount of things you can uncover is staggering and just being able to tell the story of what happened to a group of players who were nearby like you're some sort of futuristic Witcher is so loving cool. I have a really hard time figuring out where players run to in these sorts of games but Bloodhound makes it so much easier if you have poor situational awareness while also making you a huge benefit to the team if you can communicate your findings (You can ping tracks!), since so much of these games rely on "information is power" as one of their core tenants.

You can also track Wraith when she phases in Beast of the Hunt mode gently caress it's so cool.

SettingSun posted:

I think this is endemic to a lot of people. I'm the exact same way. I show something vaguely resembling competence and can get some kills unless I play with friends.

:same: I mentioned it a few pages back but I am a spirit of loving devastation when playing solo and hardly talking and a cardboard coated wet blanket if I'm with my much more talented friends.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 21, 2019

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I have the Gameboy/NES skin for the Mastiff but there's no way I got it from a lootbox, I would've noticed that. Is it just a thing people get or..?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You wanna go semi-invisible for exactly 4 seconds.

Or you're on an elevated position and think generating a couple of running clones could help.

It's widely considered to be pretty darn bad.

His ult should have his clones going loving hog wild, running around in random directions and firing at people or just spamming voice lines.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

... Are you sure you just weren't seeing random supply drops? I've played with many Lifelines and we've never, ever abandoned a care package she called in.

To be fair I have found one or two unused and unguarded Lifeline supply drops (Blue markings). I wouldn't say they're constant but sometimes a team just gets jumped and the attackers either didn't notice or forgot about it in the action.

That said I bet a really clever team could do amazing things if they co-ordinated using a Lifeline pod to bait a team into being easy targets

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I wish there was a stat track for Times Your Teammates Were Under Fire And Pinging The Enemy And You Still Didn't Spot Them Because You Panic Like A Dickhead Whenever Combat Starts but it'd be unfair for me to top that chart so quickly

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Devotion steals the show but the Spitfire is good, honest, straightforward damage for people who are Bad At Aiming like me

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

comedyblissoption posted:

Long range shooting being unrewarding makes the game way better to play and helps reward aggression and moving around the map instead of camping.

Long range shooting really should be designed around being rewarded by having an opportunity to take a 3v2 if you manage to down someone requiring you to come out of your sniping camping spot to get any reward out of it.

Long range shooting should be removed from the vast majority of shooters because mid to close range engagements are far more exciting for everyone involved

That said the Kraber owns and the sniper rifles are amazingly inoffensive, just as they are in Titanfall 2, so I can't complain too much in Apex's case

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
They sucked the soul and stopping power out of the Alternator and put it into the RE-45

Seriously I love the RE-45 and the Alternator is just the saddest thing to happen to one of TF2's most fun guns

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I can't convince my friends to play this game and it makes me Mucho Sad

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What did your teammates actually do?

I mean I'm no Games Wizard and sometimes I struggle to land a kill but to do no damage at all as a DPS character and a fraction of a hit as a tracker who can see enemies with predator vision is beyond me

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

cliffdiver posted:

Technically aren’t they all DPS characters?

I mean yeah but I figured the colloquialism for "character designed around doing aggressive fighting more betterer than most others" would probably hold its own

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I think it's kind of good for at-a-glance getting what a character does if you're new, but yeah the symbols don't really mean too much except that people won't choose Bloodhound initially because who wants to track until they discover just how loving cool they are, Beast of the Hunt is amazing and makes me want to suicide charge every team with my predator vision. The way I see it is that it's less of a "Here is your strict role within your team" and more of a "Here is how you should use this character for when you do engage in combat".

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Building is bad and unfun

Shooting guys in their face where every match is a roguelike deathmatch but without the fuckery of waiting for six hours for a round to start or any fun fights to happen (hello PUBG) is fun as hell

I got 9 kills in a round and I felt amazing doing so and I know that's small fry for you guys but I felt like a fuckin demon

Also to be super candid I'm a pretty sociable and easygoing guy irl but for some reason I get massive amounts of anxiety listening to and talking to other strangers over mic online, so being able to turn VOIP onto 0% volume and have it transcribed into text to speech is a loving gamechanger. Yeah, obviously the TTS isn't 100%, but generally it lets me get the jist of what my teammates are saying while not having to listen to angry russians with open mics rant endlessly throughout the game or children screaming is a breath of fresh air. I can play with pubbies and rely on the ping system alone to get my point across because I got tired of waiting for my friends to play this game and I'm having an amazing time. I genuinely don't want to stop!

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 25, 2019

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
All it took to get people to play Titanfall 2 was creating an entirely new battle royale game that only marginally links into the universe. 5am and I'm seeing 2k people playing which is amazingly healthy for Titanfall 2 :unsmith:

Also I hope they never nerf the Spitfire, it's my perfect baby and I'll cry

In fact can we just take a moment to marvel at how solid the weapon balance is, I have never considered getting murdered by any gun bullshit in this game and even the sniper rifles don't ruin the game which 99% of FPSes can't get right

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

There needs to be an Aim Labs for console. Amazed that there isn't. Could make a lot of money.

Hold left trigger then right

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Cicadalek posted:

get 3 wins as Lifeline

Christ could you imagine how many people would leave if they couldn't instalock a character for Battlepass progress

Cicadalek posted:

get an arc star kill

Also the objectives need to be achievable

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Fair enough, I've just had my poo poo wrecked with Thermite of all things over everything else

The amount of times someone's thrown it, I've felt smug about avoiding it and then wind up backpedaling into the fire during a firefight when I'm a shot away from death has been a learning experience

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

If you want to be able to reposition easily and have your gun skills heavily emphasized Respawn already made a game for you. It's great.

If you die and have to wait for your team to respawn beacon you it should put you in a Titanfall 2 match

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Add a hop up for the Alternator that lets you fire it while sprinting. Make this an innate property for the P2020. The P2020 can now be dual weilded. The Mozambique can have a select fire to let it fire full auto and carries 2 more rounds innately. I get hired by Respawn

Mordja posted:

You literally described my TF2 build.

It's mine, too :v: That's why I'm so upset the gun is just so anaemic and sad in Apex because it's my absolute favourite weapon in Titanfall 2. I played a few rounds of TF2 a few days ago with my alternator and grappling hook and it just made me go whyyyy

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 1, 2019

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

kung fu jive posted:

assuming the relentless aggression that Apex Legends promotes is the only way to go.

Listen being a sneaky bastard is okay for some people but if you're not going into and coming out of every battle a screaming, frantic mess then I just don't see our playstyles meshing

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Elerion posted:

Apex Legends: When you lose. the robot gives you diarrhea

Can confirm. Whenever we lose an Apex round my team has invariably poo poo the bed

J posted:

Airbase fuckin sucks hard. Much of the loot has little to no cover, and a few of the rooms with loot are dead ends so anyone chasing you will catch up to you easily. By far my least favorite area to drop. Pit doesn't have a high enough volume of loot spawns, if more than 1 group drops there some people are guaranteed to have a horrible time with little to no cover to juke people with. Even if no other squad drops there I still don't like dropping there. I'd rather rotate through pit after dropping elsewhere first.

True warriors drop Thunderdome

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
lol you're reading a fake sentence i didn't even type

This is the real sentence I typed looks like you just got BAMBOOZLED

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's kind of a jerk thing to do to your team and nearly always suicide but you can just jump solo and get fresh in a Violence Zone if you just want to practise your shooting

If you're not the jumpmaster you'll also be surprised how often the nominated person will just follow the first suggestion too so always ping a high friction zone and see if that helps them get bloody early

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

BrightWing posted:

Help I tried this and I like it but holy hell am I dog poo poo bad at it.

Keep playing and you'll get better :)

I went from being garbage and getting no kills to being average and walking away with 2 - 5 kills a match which still feels really good. Hell I even managed 9 kills once and I felt like a demon. Don't be shy, make sure you get into lots of fights because that's the only way you'll learn. The combat in this game is super accessible unlike some other battle royales and really rewards aggressive play so just keep playing around until you figure out what weapons work well for you.

Highly reccomend Bloodhound and Lifeline because though their kits sound way less flashy and interesting than other characters, Bloodhound makes it really simple to find your enemies and their ult makes you a powerhouse and Lifeline lets you heal faster and do a self heal as well as being a big help to your team. Wraith also has an ability to get her out of combat for a few seconds which can take the pressure off you when you're learning.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If you're bad at shooting like me, consider making the Spitfire LMG your go-to gun. It does beastly damage, is razor accurate from a distance with mods, has a huge magazine by default and is surprisingly easy to handle even without any extra support. The reload is a little punishing but find a good sidearm to rely on and you can swap to that in a pinch.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What dictates crows showing up? I know it's related to a Bloodhound being active in the area, is it when they use their sonar or does it just indicate they're nearby? Or is it just for you if you're a Bloodhound? I'm sure I've seen them as other characters.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm going to marry the Spitfire

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Groovelord Neato posted:

when TEE EFF|| (TWO) came out one of my friends told me to get it and now i'm mad i didn't listen to her.

It's okay you're just among one of many bad people with horrible taste who didn't play one of the best shooters in recent history

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Used a Peacekeeper for halfway through the match until I had to respawn my teammate so I passed it onto him. I had a Prowler on me the entire time and couldn't find a select fire for it, but the first chest I opened after I gave all my healing and shield items away had one for me that I then used to murder whoever remained and finally got my round winning kill badge too :3:

Now these stats aren't anything extraordinary to most of you guys I'm sure but this is my most successful win to date and what makes it super special is that Lifeline player was level 1 and didn't know how to use their abilities. We kept her alive for the entire game even when she didn't repair her shields and so had half shields the entire game. I hope it was her first match because ending it on a win probably felt great :unsmith:

Best part of the match was coming across a Caustic in one of those tiny huts with the two entrances. He thought he was clever setting up gas traps so nobody could get in to shoot him until I threw two thermites and frag in there. Watching him desperately try to jump over his traps as he burned to death and then exploded violently is mm-mmm satisfyin'.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Rex-Goliath posted:

e: To clarify I've won plenty of games but it was always with friends. This was the first time I've won solo-queuing

I think I've won more games micless solo queue than I have with friends and the ping system is entirely to thank for it

I remember suggesting something like it to my friends when PUBG was new and it's nice to be vindicated

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
> LOADING GAME...
> GAME LOADED.
> RUNNING GAME. ALLOWING PLAYER TO LOOT.
> LOOT GAINED. B_LOOTQUALITY_ISHIGH = TRUE.
> PLAYER IS APPROACHING FIRST FIREFIGHT.
> ERROR. TEAMMATE_COMPETENCY_HIGH DETECTED.
> ERROR. PLAYER_FUN_THRESHOLD EXCEEDING MAXIMUM INTEGER OF 255.
> ERROR. ERROR. ERROR.
> CRASHING GAME...
> GAME CRASH SUCCESSFUL.
> HEARTBREAK DETECTED IN USER: SONGBEARER.
> SENDING JPG OF FINAL REACTION TO RESPAWN HEADQUARTERS.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Usually this game just doesn't crash for me but gently caress off is it doing it at the worst possible times tonight. Literally about to win a match and it loving crashes just as I'm balls deep in a fight aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
In defense of leavers who quit when they've been downed: If you see your teammate drop you should communicate with them either by pinging their marker or through chat that you will be reviving them as soon as you can. Sometimes I'll get downed and after a while, for all appearances it just seems very clear my teammates have no intention of recovering my body. I know it's sometimes foolish but after a fight is over I make it my first priority to recover a respawn pad so my teammate doesn't need to worry about whether we'll revive them or not.

If you leave the very second you're downed entirely though then yeah that's bullshit, give your teammates at least a little bit of leeway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm a horrible e-bushido warrior who doesn't 2v1 in For Honour duels and used to saber bow in Jedi Knight 2 multiplayer so whenever Lifeline drops her pod early in the match I always let her loot it first

The way I look at it having worse gear just means I should play smarter and get better with what I have and will ultimately make me a better player. ymmv if this has actually been true at all v:v:v