Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the Prowler supposed to shoot straight up after one burst? The recoil on this gun is the jokey hyperbole I use when talking about guns with ridiculously high recoil. How can you even use this weapon?

Edit: Also how often should I expect to be a one-man squad? I played twice so far and both times I was by myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there any value to the Mozambique? It feels like a weapon designed for the first 2 minutes of a game before you throw it in the trash where it belongs. Even then, you'd probably get punched to death. 3 shell magazine isn't enough to even tickle someone.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I figured it was an early game weapon but I wasn't sure if it had any value outside of that. I try to keep at least one weapon slot a shotgun. I got a legendary skin for the Peacemaker which was good because I like using that. Automatic shotgun I'm better with, though.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They really need to award more exp and have lootboxes drop more things. I looked over the things you can unlock and there are no less than two hundred thousand of them. I thought Overwatch overdid it but this game is just bananas. Who puts stat counters behind a lootbox?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wish they'd show you the weapon that was used to kill you.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

um excuse me shinobi wield kunai thank you very much

*puts on naruto headband and disappears in a poof of smoke*

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Best advice I can give anyone is ignore drop requests. People request the dumbest and shittiest spots.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Just came from a game from a supreme idiot that solo dropped there. Sometimes you just get a game where you squad is filled with garbage.

Do supply ships even offer anything decent? Every time I dropped there I've only gotten mediocre things with the occasional purple attachment.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 12, 2019

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

You like the Longshot or Scout? Play with me! As someone who hates using those guns the game naturally sees fit to populate the area I drop in with no less than ten thousand of them! DMRs for days!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I the Peacemaker really needs to be toned down. The thing is just too good as it is right now. Every time I hear a story about some amazing fight the Peacemaker is front and center and I say this as someone who loves using that OP weapon. Maybe tone down the effective range or damage a fully-charged shot does or just make that charge longer.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think the game should have an option to manually switch to a health item you need currently and pick the strongest one, like double tapping the health radial button, without having to deal with a radial menu.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They should give the shotgun choke to the auto-shotgun too. Make it not second fiddle to the Peacemaker.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Xarbala posted:

The Peacekeeper's choke is one you have to charge up by ADSing. Would rather its pellet grouping just be a little tighter by default.

Yeah, exactly. Fully charged one-hit kills one after another! :unsmigghh:

But yeah, an extended mag for it would be cool.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I just hope they don't muck up the item spread by adding a lot of them. I appreciate the amount of scopes and stuff in there and the color coding of them.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the game big enough to have a blacklist list yet? Like the Overwatch "I don't want to team up with this person" list? Every time I group up with someone who jumps solo and doesn't stick with the group I wish I could put them on that list. Doesn't have to be permanent. But I'll have a piece of mind knowing that I don't have to worry about playing with them for a week.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope they patch in team revives as priority when other stuff is around. Tried to revive a teammate with a door and several boxes around and I kept getting loot or close options.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a way to mute mics in-game that I'm not seeing? I rather not have to create an empty party on PS4 so I don't have to listen to someone's background noise, them clearing their throat or any other dumb poo poo.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

shiksa posted:

"convert voice to text" in the options menu's first page. although someone said it was causing crashes?

No thanks. Crashing aside, I rather have a mute option.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wow, that self-revive animation is nasty. Also that ability is functionally useless. Takes like a hour to do. Use it in a firefight, it takes too long, use it after then might as well have a teammate get you up.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

At what range is the Hemlock supposed to be effective? It and the Prowler have the distinct honor of being truly awful un-upgraded.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

shiksa posted:

i just got two kills with a mozambique

where do i apply for my mlg pro card

Don't flaunt this info around. Might give Respawn the impression that the gun is fine.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

People are really getting savage with the Wingman on console, it's bananas. I've been using Pathfinder a lot lately and that zipline ultimate he has is awesome. You can practically place it across an entire area - it's extremely useful.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I used my mic once to tell a person who had been at one blip of health for like five minutes how to heal (they were level 2).

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Elderbean posted:

Any tips on actually winning engagements? I feel like I get mowed down so fast but I struggle to land shots and I panic a lot. Haven't really played BRs before.

One thing I tend to get caught up on is scope "rarity". Just because it's purple or gold doesn't mean it's appropriate for your weapon. For example, don't put a x2 scope on the R-99. Like-wise there's a gold x4-x10 variable sniper scope and that may be too extreme for you (it is for me). Go with what you're comfortable with and what maybe appropriate for the weapon you are using. Also find weapons that you are comfortable with. For my part, guns like Devotion, Scout, Hemlock and Prowler just don't do a thing for me and end up being terrible with them.

There are plenty of guns that handle differently than each other that you can pick and choose your faves and seconds without feeling like you'd go a match without finding what you want. Just be careful with the Devotion and Triple Take as Energy ammo seems to be fairly rare and you can find yourself running out, especially with the Devotion.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The purple 4x-6x variable is my go-to for sniping scopes, though I do switch it out if I find the x2-6x variable since encounter distance closes real fast in this game. It's why if I'm running with a sniper rifle I try to have the R-99 or a good close range weapon to balance things out.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

bumming your scene posted:

loving fuuuck

https://i.imgur.com/bu9W3U6.gifv

Oh my match ended of course 12 feet from her where I knock her down by jump hipfiring 2 DMR's but her squad got me after.

Don't shame my sniping skills!

MMD3 posted:

You mean the 4x-8x and 2x-4x?

Yeah, 2x-4x is my favorite but it feels like it is way less common than the 4-8 for some reason.

Oh yeah, x4-x8. My mistake. x6 comes by itself and I mixed those two up. I get that x6 so often and I'm just not a fan. Variables are love.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wow, really getting teamed up with the shittiest of the bunch lately. Had a really good firefight where we came up on top, but I got downed. So instead of reviving me when I'm downed, they go around looting the death boxes and I bleed out. There a button I can spam constantly to alert them to reviving me?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Can someone tell me how to use the Hemlock? Last match I was strapped for weaponry and the only one that I came across was the Hemlock (and pistols). I unlocked the drat thing into someone's upper body but their weapon just ate through my purple shields. This was point blank, I managed to shoot first, and all my shots landed. What's the range for this gun? How do you effectively use it? Damge seems incredibly low.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The R-99 is incredible and probably my favorite gun.

That is all.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

As someone who has never played Fortnite, how do battlepasses work anyway? I plan on getting that one they're putting out in March for Apex Legends so I want to know what I'm in for.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ehud posted:

You can get 5 lootboxes and a purple Pathfinder skin if you link your twitch account to Amazon prime btw

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/apex?ref_=SM_OM_APEX_CRWN

Can you get these on the PS4?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sputnik posted:

Petition to have

be in the OP.

I'm curious to know about this. If A friend and I play a few games, do a few dailies and play fairly casually a day, will we even get to the max level of the pass? The only other season pass thing we have experience with is the one in Red Dead Online and that one doesn't increase its exp requirements to "level up" per level. Was an extremely casual thing. We just don't want to feel like we have to put tons of time in to get progress.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How many times can Revenant use that silence ability in a row?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Thinking about getting a new champion. I never got one, even when Caustic and Mirage were the only ones available. Which one is really fun and worth the cost?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Peewi posted:

If you've been playing since launch, surely you have enough red currency to get all of them.

I like Octane. He goes fast.

I played until season 1 started then stopped.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a picture of the actual spread of Bangalore's ultimate? Where does it appear when you throw down the marker? I like the character but I just find it really hard to use that ability because you get no sense of where the artillery drops.

Oh and how do you Havoc? Gun feels extremely useless with the charge up and the amount of recoil.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Notice that the self-revive shield is still extremely useless, at least in duos. Could afford to add at least 10 more minutes to that animation.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

It's pretty bad. I think I've actually gotten it to work maybe twice

Sad thing is, it has been that way since release. They should just remove it and replace it with something that has more utility.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Loba being able to loot death boxes with her ultimate is pretty darn amazing. I didn't know it was able to do that until a friend used it and we got a bunch of stuff from one (like a fully upgraded Evo shield).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How do you deal with lovely level 1 shields and no matter where you go not a single goddamn level 2 or higher is to be found? Having that crap beyond round 1 just means we instantly die whenever we encounter anyone.