Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Game runs great and haven't had lag yet. I'm impressed, post launch day 1.

Haven't tried everybody yet and I hate the awkward stage of learning the characters, but I'll keep at it. Dunno how I feel about ammo types taking up inventory space but we'll see.

I don't have online friends or a mic so gently caress whoever gets grouped with me, suckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Internet Explorer posted:

Thought maybe I'd watch a little bit of streaming since I can't play right now. Don't really do that sort of thing. God drat, is Twitch completely loving toxic. Every random streamer I've hopped on is just loving terrible. Maybe I'm just getting old, but ughhhhhhhhhhh

Most big Twitch streamers are genuine assholes who are angry most of the time, with few exceptions. They are always online people, after all.

Also to the people saying that you must drop with your drop master or whatever it's called: You can hold E (I think) to drop independent from your group. I did it so that I could land on a building nearby rather than fight my own team for stuff inside the other building.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Does the game automatically choose the correct shield/health pickup to use?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Just got put by myself in my own squad. I know I'm bad but come on

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
My prediction is they will let you buy designer coffins for your character.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Got my first win just now. Did 350 damage and was revived twice. Holla. Winning gives extra exp, no cosmetic credits or anything.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Wraith looks related to the handler from Monster Hunter World.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Game ran fine earlier but now the hardware cursor is invisible. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: forgot that borderless window is the only acceptable display mode. Changing from full screen to borderless window fixed it.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 6, 2019

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Something I noticed was that you cannot jump continuously. If you jump and immediately try jumping again it's like your characters legs are tired and they barely get off the ground. So I can't compensate for my lack of skill by jumping around like an rear end to dodge bullets.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Balancing is inevitable

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Death of the developer, game is good.

How do I get crafting points? Do I grind up the unlocks I don't want?

You get 15-30 occasionally in a crate. I haven't had much luck so far. It will take dozens of hours to get enough for a good skin.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 6, 2019

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
It took me $40 just to unlock the base characters in Overwatch wth

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Caustic couldn't find the one PAPR in the building and you guys are giving him poo poo for trying.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

I won a match!

I'VE NEVER WON A MATCH IN A BR GAME BEFORE :woop:

The power of friendship

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Idgaf if streamers play the game or not, it's already fun. Although maybe if they sustain the popularity enough they'll make toys to decorate your desk with.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Nice.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Now that's that poo poo

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Pathfinder makes for so many good plays. Scorpion Pathfinder, Kamikaze Pathfinder, Tetherball Pathfinder. What a great character, and he's got a great attitude to boot.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

DreadCthulhu posted:

Great tips so far in this thread, thanks. Any other advice for someone pretty casual who's yet to win a single round, matching with pubbies? I've ended up second to last group at least a couple of times so far, but that's not hard to achieve if you just camp long enough and avoid every fight. Is there any sort of matching algorithm in place to make sure we newbs don't get put against people poopsocking all day, or not really?

AFAIK there is currently no ranking system or matchmaking algorithm in place. So to answer your first question, sometimes you'll make it to the end of the match and be fortunate enough that your opponent is equally lucky and even worse than you and you shoot the dumb kid for an easy win.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Proof that Caustic's potential is being wasted

https://v.redd.it/yob7pcv4nwf21

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I like the idea of killing someone with better stuff and being rewarded with their better stuff. I also enjoy being a dirty rat scrounger who hides under the couch and picks up the scraps.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Leveled up and got two banner poses for mirage and caustic, legends that I don't have and don't really want. That was pretty lame

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

:laffo:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

ugh i don't like my free poo poo in the free to play game

gently caress off lmao

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

Muh free stuff, it's not the free stuff I wanted :qq:

Heard it here first, no criticism allowed of the loot mechanics in this game that god has given us

fuckin idiot

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

panda clue posted:

... you mean the same cosmetic lootbox mechanic that almost every single other F2P game also employs? Except in Apex they at least bothered to implement bad luck prevention.

like are you actually going on for multiple pages about one lootbox you didn't like? lmao

Should I respond to your post or does this count as me going on for multiple pages? I like this game as much as anybody, it's good, and I made one post saying one box was lame, because it was. If you're gonna respond like a chud you might get a response calling you an idiot, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Protip: you can powerslide down stairs. :ssh:

I'm fine with losing because it's all I do. :c00lbert:

But it is demoralizing to get 6 matches in a row with some shroud-wannabe who spends the whole match pissing in my ear about how I need to ADS. :rolleye:

How are you getting matched with the same guy over and over?
Since there's no penalty system in place yet, when I get matched with dickheads I just leave the game. A minute later I'm in a game with tolerable teammates. Only did it a few times so far, for the most part people seem chill.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 11, 2019