Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

oh dope posted:

It was very thoughtful for all those squads to bring all that gear they found directly to you. If you remember, how much damage did you end up doing?

I'm wondering because I am trying to figure out how people get that 4k damage badge. I'll probably never get it because I'm pretty a cautious player and only push when I'm sure of an advantage. Obviously you have to be fighting constantly and continually for the entire match, but I've had games like that and only ended up with barely 2k. It sounds exhausting.

Rushing the last bits of A&D event we had almost a 10 minute crossfire on a far edge of the ring on containment, it was a wattson lifeline bh vs wattson lifeline gibby afair. The ring was generous and centering towards us and the bunker, so we continued shooting and creeping towards bunker from first minutes of the game till last 3 teams. The last team 3rd partied our dear adversaries from behind so we won by killing off the last remaining loba from 3rd team. In the end we had ~2k damage each in our team, multiple headshot badges and long range kills. Only time I truly regretted not having obs on. I imagine someone with better skills and aim could have done far more damage and killed more people in these circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Chard posted:

get this ranked poo poo out of my battle pass

:hmmyes:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Why do people run dual auto guns?
I can't live without a sniper

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Daztek posted:

Just take one triple take with a 3x and another with a 1x, that covers everything!

LMC
LMC
LMC
LMC

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You can't delevel from a new tier. You're plat 4 forever.

Now that's a curse

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

precision posted:

A legend whose gimmick is dual wielding as their ultimate would own

Maybe their tactical could be "reload even if you are out of ammo"

Salvador called, he says hes too op with dual wielding

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

dogstile posted:

Kinda getting tired of lifelines deciding that they need to press the revive button on me, but so the shield isn't facing the enemy. I've died twice to that tonight. Last member of the enemy squad, easily killable, i'm dead because lifeline does a dumb thing and he thirsts me for stats.

ha
HA
Imagine there are WAY worse people than LLs who cant place rez bot properly. At least they rez you and dont run around thirsting and looting

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Now I get why people just pick wraith and drop elsewhere

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Carillon posted:

I had a special fun type of game today, my teammates pinged a group to the building to our left that were shooting right, pinged a group in the buildings to our right that were fighting left, and then ran right into the middle. It's the rare self-pinch, you love to see it.

Are you playing ranked? Because that's what ranked bronze 4-1 consists of.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Hobo posted:

Was jumpmaster, we decided to go for the train.

One squad member (Pathfinder) peeled off and went for where the train is, I aimed on the other side of a tunnel for where the train was going to be. Two of us got on the train, the Pathfinder did not, called me a "pro jumpmaster" and then disconnected. It wasn't even a big distance to close, and we were all alive and safe.

If you solo off and totally miss the drop area then it's really Your Own drat Fault.

Just had literally the same happen but with an OCTANE ugh. It's like you're the fastest legend wtf

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I died afterwards

Wow you literally survived on that small regenned bit of hp from the drone. Mirage does wonders in cqc

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Yellow Yoshi posted:

I remember avoiding the devotion in the past (unless I'd managed to find the hop up for it, even though I think it was better on old havoc) and I kinda want it back now
Please, take the L-Star from us, Respawn

LStar shreds, throw an LMG to pair it with and you can mow down squads

dogstile posted:

I actually kinda like the lstar. The trick is to put a 2x4 on it.

I'm not even kidding it zooms you past the ridiculous muzzle flash.
That's a nice note thanks
Other fun part of LStar is that red balls do distract people and clutter the overview of the battle. The closer the target the better

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Dragongem posted:

Wraith's hitbox needs to be bigger

And people tried to tell me people pick her because of skills and that devs didn't make her a small woman but a small character etc etc
Someone @ me when if respawn will make a small hitbox male or a big hitbox woman so I can @ the guys over in eft thread and tell them they are finally right.

Dragongem posted:

Man I just cannot find my stroke in ranked, just slowly grinding through gold instead of big chunks like the other seasons

All assists, no kills. At least it's positive progress.

Is gold entry fee penalizing enough? After entering silver I saw far more hide and seek than skirmishes. But again Im like, few days in the rankeds

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

moosecow333 posted:

I have a really bad habit of forgetting to pick up helmets, so I guess there are people who just forget to pick up armor?

This is normal after ~20 fast matches

But then there are wraith deniers like that

Who just pick wraith seeing you have a mouse on it and then just go 'haha gently caress you wraith' and leave

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

dogstile posted:

I see nothing wrong with this.

lol

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Realistically speaking what percentage of wraith players are shitters
On my region it's definitely disproportionately higher than other characters but I don't know if its over 50%, it's frequent enough that I expect it so maybe

In pubs more than 50% definitely (judging by ~200 matches this season). But when they are not, they do play really well so it's a gamble.
Ranked is way better in this case, the farther you go the more focused on the team people are and tend to pick a combo to support first picks. But hey after D3 pubs are bad.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Wattson nation rise up!

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Wheeee posted:

people use bald wraith because gold skin

ftfy
draw a pile of poo poo on a skin and put it in the rarest category people will use it because its rare

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

tfw you missed all the good skins for your 'main' :(

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Wattson.

Ultimate accelerants are a must, you can easily deflect any bombardment or grenade etc with your ult. Fences are 'enemy routing' devices plus detection. You can basically hold a building forever and route enemies to where you want them to come, all while having your shields recharge. Great sniper too btw.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Daztek posted:

Zats a scary fence

I laughed so hard it hertz

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

ParadeRainer posted:

On World's Edge it's more important to rotate early and play the circle, as opposed to King's Canyon where it's mostly about your ability to team fight (a.k.a. 3rd and 4th partying lol). World's Edge is a much bigger map so rotating slow tends to put you in bad positions more often. Sometimes you just have to deal with a sub-optimal loadout in order to hold good spots in the circle and gate-keep teams rotating late for kill points. The higher you get in the ranks the more important placement becomes so try and focus on that while getting your kills on late game 3rd parties.

Other than that, since I haven't seen you play, it's hard to tell where you're going wrong. Try your best to take unfair fights where you have a clear advantage over another team and don't push fights that are even or where you're at a positional disadvantage. Learning what fights those are can be tricky but just think about what went wrong in fights you lose, or why you won a particular fight and you'll learn pretty quick.

Good luck :cheers:

Most wins and successful games I had on WE is when I land in a most distant corner away from lane like Lava City (love the place ngl) or trials/refinery when everyone reaches only as far as sorting.
Walking from there till the circle is a easier a lot of time, just shooting people in the back, shooting people who are healing, 3rd partying :D
But again I'm bad at this game with ~130hrs in it, 50 of them back on release weeks, so Im just starting all over again and only playing rankeds

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

runchild posted:

Also, today there’s a new crane on the south edge of Sorting Factory. It’s holding a train cart with a...rocket engine maybe? What’s it mean? Who knows!

Ah so I wasn't delusional and it wasn't always there, thanks

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

wraith_mains.gif

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I am a child and making this made me chuckle far too much

:five:

but is it actually faster to move crouched than running?
it certainly feels crab fast

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Season 6 is now good. It was doubling down on TTK but now it is good.
After trying TF2 apex still seems slow anyway tho :(

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is this a normal thing with randoms, just stealing eachothers replicator items?

It's a normal thing with humans and humankind

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

dogstile posted:

I've played five games tonight. Every single game has been a hot drop where my pubs have immediately died before doing anything.

Send help.

Have you ever heard of our lord and savior, 'Carry every team fight with 2.5k+ dmg through the match or get rekt because your teammates are wannabe shrouds that don't have a half of brain'?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

dogstile posted:

Gonna break my "one a day" self imposed video rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFgXFdptV9Y

Because this is the rampart experience.

Would be cool if lifeline's rez shield would not be randomly placed but instead was facing where lifeline faces so it can cover the rez target from fire idk

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Anyone who is on the fence because of some 'magical' tryhard sweatlords in TF2 should be aware that apex teaches you like 25% of the movements needed for tf2.
Just beating the campaign adds 30% more. With that you can be on par with sweaty tryhards, albeit inconsistently, and can progress easily in MP.
And MP is glorious.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

MarshyMcFly posted:

At least it has skulltown.

Edit: bro I can’t even with these quitters. The quitters that leave as soon as you start the execute in skulltown are great but when your squad mates quit immediately after being downed are the loving worst. Even had my friend quit on me after I WON the fight he died in.

You don't get a death to your stat if you quit while downed or in process of being executed

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

MarshyMcFly posted:

Lol if you care about your KD in a BR game. Especially apex because there isn’t a solo mode.

Moreso if its invisible to others, which is apex's case
But people do care about it instead of just playing like, with the team

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Oh thats the guy who was all over reddit literally screaming into his mic 'LIFELINEEEEEEEEEEEE'
Yeah he needs some life in his apex

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Not judging in any way
He just seems too much in distress all the time I see clips of him https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyDarkDonkeyNerfBlueBlaster

bushisms.txt posted:

Shiv is a beautiful soul who just wants proper teammates

We all do

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Yellow Yoshi posted:

i have finally done it
just won my last game in plat, the solo-queue to diamond is accomplished and now i can 0-kills die repeatedly in diamond at last
life is good

Post your season stats please, would love to laugh at how bad I am in comparison

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

It took them 7 seasons and a year and half of game to see that wraith is basically invisible when moving.
Never mind the strafe crouch, hope it got fixed too.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Ok, so parallel realities are real and discoverable in Titanfall canon, and Wraith's entire powerset is built around navigating them. Perhaps the mysterious "respawn" tech they dance around is pulling another version of the Legend out from a 99.99999% similar parallel dimension to keep fighting?

Respawn is based on regeneration tech from tf2.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

SBMM is good for 2-team based games, like cs, wot, r6. But in a game where you have essentially 20 sides with instant mm where one premade team can easily get in same match with another premade team of friends it sucks balls.
IMO it should prioritize pings, team comps (for a more diverse play) rather than some arbitrary stat like wins or k/d. For example my k/d sucks and is below 1 always but I play supports mainly and do damage. Winrate is about 5%, top5 is over 30%. What can it say to the sbmm? It can say that I can and should carry which I don't want to. Just gimme a good killer team and I'll make sure they're all alive and their asses fenced and covered but no, gently caress teamplayers rite

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Dyz posted:

So my boy Octane is obsolete now.

Throw a pad on the lift, jump on top, travel back to WE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

dogstile posted:

https://twitch.tv/videos/792791431?t=13932s

Jesus it's so gratifying watching people yourself murder squads from their pov.

Kinda? I dunno i don't really use Loba's one aggressively, whereas i think Horizon's is entirely meant for aggressive roof takes. Both movement, but different utility.

Did you get the apex tattoo yet?