Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Seems legit and is fun for free. Way loving better than that hot janky garbage Ring of Elysium my friends keep dragging me into. Runs smooth on my 5 year old quad core i5. Even the netcode feels solid so far.

I'm terrible at it, though. It's like every enemy I encounter is a twitch superstar pro on day 1. So I dunno if I'll be able to stand playing much more.

Countdown until EA figures out how to properly ruin it with a dumb decision. Or it gets flooded with hackers like the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

It’s the biggest game because it’s free and on every platform

Paying off a bunch of big streamers to play it for a bit and not say any overtly negative things about it certainly helps, too. Combined with being free it's sure to do well until the next new thing sweeps across twitch.

It is fun though.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

panda clue posted:

it really does feel like the big streamers are enjoying it.

Well it is free, fun and polished. Usually these things are early access garbage. There isn't much negative to say about this.

I guess some people are mad that it isn't Titanfall.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think it'd be nice to have at least a little pageantry after a long round where you finally become the victor instead of just "Yeah you won whatever" and being booted straight to lobby. The end-of-round stuff in Overwatch is nice because it lets me catch my breath and reset before jumping straight back into queue.

Do you need the game to give you a pat on the back and a hand job?

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

I don't think the FOV slider does anything?

Like it's set at 90 by default but it looks so narrow and when I turn it up it doesn't seem to be any different.

owls or something fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 7, 2019

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

This game needs a "only group me with people with mics" option.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

panda clue posted:

Not really, considering the extremely robust ping system.

Get this, you can use the ping system AND use a mic.

I somehow keep getting people that do neither and just run off to die. Then they instaquit.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

quidditch it and quit it posted:

There needs to be a button (on console at least) that says “heal me Lifeline you loving idiot no come back loving come back” because it takes way too longer to type out.

Voice chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

dudeness posted:

First time getting killed by a definite cheater, there needs to be an easier way to report but I guess accessing the origin overlay works.

There's a special Apex easy anti cheat report page where you're supposed to do it. The Origin thing doesn't actually do anything. But like it doesn't matter, it's a F2P game they'll just make a new account even if action was taken. I doubt the cheating will ever be taken actually seriously because it looks bad if they admit it's a serious issue.

Personally, I didn't spend a dime on this game. It's all I've been playing since it released and I was ready to drop money once they release some more Legends. But I think I'm going to shelve the game for now. Over and over my squad gets insta-mowed down by single digit level squads with hundreds of kills on their character banners at the end of the game.