Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is there any particular reason they didn't include the ability to cook grenades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

personally i just hope the streamers/youtubers i can't stand go away and the ones i like stay because they are cool and good to watch

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

let me cook grenades

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

perhaps I'm not thinking creatively enough, but do those jump pads seem sorta weak for an ult? Whatever shroud eventually does with them not-with-standing

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

please DO put vehicles/mounts in the game respawn :D

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I must be extremely lucky to never have been killed by a hacker (that I'm aware of)

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

anyone better than me = 24/7 twitch streaming lifers

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

better vastly increase the queue time for all games because I might accidentally click, "ready" at the same time as shroud

also this:

codo27 posted:

You all need to do like me, look at your phone once you've picked your character.

I don't tab back in unless I notice the jump master icon has been relinquished to me after afking through character select

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

are the complaints about pathfinder's current hitbox just an anecdotal thing or is there a substantiated picture comparison to visualize it?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Lex Neville posted:

it's funny because to loot a teammate's deathbox you have to grab their banner first so now you get to double whammy them by looting their corpse and forcing them to stay in the game while naturally never resurrecting them

this was my first thought too, since at least when a duo abandoned my box and said as much over voice respawn eventually timed out. Granted, it seems unlikely that you'd run into griefers enough times in a row to be penalized for leaving (even if the reset time is long).

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i thought the whole point of continuing to get points dead while your team is still alive was to curb leaving

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I've still yet to hear that Pathfinder has a hitbox issue anywhere but here

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's literally a meme that his hitbox has holes in it

Here, I guess. I've only seen that since he's a robot and thus has more open space in his model. It's like the reverse of the big boi problem, I guess; his hitbox is TOO accurate.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I have not seen that, no. There were tons of info graphs regarding Gibralter and Caustic I'm just wondering where they are

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

all the more reason I'm just curious if it is an actual bug or just he's harder to hit now than before

edit: I can find issues with his twitch skin that seem silly but otherwise it just seems like the hitbox is very strict to his model

Tweak fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 25, 2019

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Respawn has since acknowledged it's bugged and said they're working on it

where? That's all I'm interested in

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

this is why it's best to hit ready and alt tab until you notice behind your web browser your teammate pinging a mozambique

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

they already seem much closer when you're dropping in near water treatment/repulsor

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

burexas.irom posted:

It's time to talk about Pathfinder's cameltoe.

It's relevant to boner culture.

that's where the new item slot goes

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Taffer posted:

The hit reg for everyone sucks, it has nothing to do with particular hitboxes, rather its the garbage netcode and shockingly low tick rate that causes that.

yea it's just this plus his hitbox being too good for his base model which is thin skeleton sized (and not helped by skins larger than the base)

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I opened a box a flyer had at the very start of the game (pre drop even) and it contained a mozambique and alternator with a level 2 backpack

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lmao but you can set it from the settings screen with no tricks or searching for a config.txt

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

shouldn't the not yet broken repulsors be keeping the flyers out?

edit: or well duh system malfunction NEVER MIND

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I don't understand the hats in this game at all really. I don't get to see them, and I hardly if ever notice a skin on an enemy to go, "whoa neat!" At least all the bad decisions with money I made with dota 2 hats I could see every time I played the hero, not just character select.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

well that all looks just loving great

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

So any incomplete weeklies were removed? I must have imagined reading that you could complete old challenges from past weeks, but boy am I glad I completed the last of mine yesterday

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

succ posted:

Just add titans already

it would be pretty neat if they were called in to deal with the mega fauna or something but be just as much of a set piece as they are.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

man I really hate the knock down in x area challenges, mostly since if I manage to actually be there with other people I get in my head and get killed instead

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

mcbexx posted:

The good news though is you don't have to do them in order.
If you clear another upcoming area before you finish your currently listed area, it will just autocomplete and skip to the one after that.

While I have multiple times encountered the challenges not counting something I did, I'm pretty sure this isn't true at all considering it has flipped to places I've had knock downs this week in but still starting at 0/4

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Cicadalek posted:

I'm coming to hate the "Kill enemies with X gun/ character" objectives. So if I knock down an enemy with my sniper rifle, but a thirsty teammate finishes them off, I don't get a kill. I mean, why shouldn't I get it?

that shouldn't be how it works at all, but I know the game also didn't consider a prowler SMG kill count towards my daily of getting 2 kills in a match with an SMG

Tweak fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 28, 2019

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

weird gimmick but ok

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

endlessmonotony posted:

ignore everything I post.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Wheeee posted:

Just what we've all been waiting for, PUBG camping gameplay in Apex.

but enough about ranked mode

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the worst voice chat on PC i have ever had (244 hrs) is just people with open mics with speakers and/or other background noise. I came across my very first edge lord literally this last week when I inadvertently entered a building he was looting and he complained about it. I didn't loot anything but I did jump around him and throw a caustic trap at one of the doors as I left. He proceeded to type the n word into text chat.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i mean the alternative is just everyone saying, "nah you're wrong that's not how it works"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I mean what are they going to do? Strike against EA?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i've had a bunch of high kill games in a row but I just assumed that was because a) two game queues but more importantly b) school started

also i fully charged my battle pass :toot:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I wonder if it could have rolled under the ult somehow? Otherwise it would seem like it had to have been there prior to setting up.

Speaking of nades, I wish there was something akin to an underhanded throw like in PUBG. There are plenty of situations where I would like to just lob a nade instead of toss it sky high or as hard as I can into the ground. Still wish you could prime them, too

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Crypto posted:

I’m hoping the damage was enough to close Kings Canyon

new map when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Tweak posted: