Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Eva is the current best shotgun, yes including over the mastiff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Spitfire\ g7 lately.

G7 or hemlock single shot depending on the mood.

The map seems to be filled with 301s so I run that too. I'm staying away from shottys unless I have no other options, then it's eva all day.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

priznat posted:

I like the insanely fast shooting SMG (spitfire?) and the peacekeeper myself.

I have to remind myself not to ADS

That's the r99. Spitfire is a heavy lmg

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Oof, that's why you get an eva. The time it takes you to cock, I'm pumping another shot.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I just pulled my first legendary, the G7 Scout's Red Dragon skin. I've always tossed the G7 for either a Longbow or any full auto rifle. So basically what I'm saying is Goons, teach me how to appreciate the G7 so I can rock this baller skin.

It's the secret best auto rifle. It's always a base 30, so you can hip fire and wreck people. Only found this out cause i got the black gold dragon skin through a box. It's now my go to.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

I feel like the Hemlock is a better single shot rifle than the Scout tbh so I almost never take a G7, plus it does better in close quarters

Hemlock goes faster but only does 18 a shot, so it's really about your style. I did out gun a havoc with its single fire, but I think the g7 would end the fight sooner if you hit the shots.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Alternator is sturdy enough, I have many kills with it. I think it's the sights, they're the best default in the game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Apex as a total package has nothing to worry about and will continue to grow for a number of reasons that Fortnite can't really touch. The diversity of the base characters will bring in a crowd Fortnite has only barely tried to market to, all fully voiced in ways that add to the feeling of team. The ui\voice acting\ping\color coded loot system all work in tandem to ease these newcomers in, which in it self is easy because no building. But most importantly, the gun and game play is actually good and consistent, where a round doesn't feel unsatisfying because of rng bloom(as long as you dont touch a shotty other than Eva).

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Lol if cod hasn't taught you anything. And it's a free to play game, kids are gonna eat this up, especially the ones who are becoming too "mature"for Fortnite. It's already happening, and it doesn't have the building which will increase their win rate dramatically.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I definitely use the hemlock when i don't have a g7, never used them together as I'd rather a full auto to finish with. Maybe I'll try to run both see what happens.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Yeah that's my take away. What are the voices saying?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

You're very talented.

I hope they give custom options for Pathfinders smiley face. It can really ruin a skin's aesthetic.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

LaserTrickShorty posted:

Dizzy winning with double Mozambiques
https://youtu.be/h9sW1qfkjMM
He relies almost entirely on wraiths hotboxes in this. I'd say he won despite the Mozambiques as he has to play extra sweaty in that clip.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

LaserTrickShorty posted:

Can’t even post a funny Mozambique video without people complaining about hitboxes :(

The only thing i could think of while watching the video is, look how much effort the arguable #1 player in the world has to expend to make them at all viable. I was expecting him to find some cool trick to be efficient with them, nope, he's just literally dodging while reloading.

Not making GBS threads on him at all, he made it work cause he is a great player, it's just documented proof for myself to not touch them until they get fixed. Especially as a Pathfinder main.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Mnoba posted:

I haven't had the sack to try this yet, but a mirage player ALMOST got Shroud live on stream by just running a short distance and stopping looking off to a random direction. Shroud ALMOST completely ignored it but saw him flinch slightly and shot a test shot it was hilarious.

This is how I got killed by a good mirage. He appeared holstered at the start of the fight, started sprinting and launched his decoy and then ran with it. I had a spitfire so I was raking both but chose the wrong one.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Poodlebear posted:

I think the weapon balance might be better on console. Apex Legends best experienced on home console, sorry everyone

I specifically feel this way about the havoc, I bet it's a terror on consoles. Need a semi rare attachment to make it worth a drat on pc.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Wish electric ammo wasn't so scarce, gives picking the long bow or g7 better value.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

UrbicaMortis posted:

I main pathfinder but yeah, I've recently started trying bangalore and the difference is noticeable. I can't stay away from my robot boy too long though - the sheer mobility is such a joy to use.

This is me. I'm trying to branch out, but grappling takes the game to a whole nother level.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

henpod posted:

I know it's a team game, but gently caress people who rush forward and snatch the best poo poo when you're a lifeline accessing your drop. gently caress off

This shits really annoying. I know it's about team, but gently caress off until I'm done with my package.

The worst is when they ping the poo poo they dropped. gently caress you.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You're never going to finish off a squad as a sniper unless you're Stodeh or have a Kraber.
this is why I never use a scope past 2x. If you're that far out, the game is so quick, even if you're "support", the map layout will leave the rest of your team outgunned in a fire fight. Especially with how quickly a third party can turn into a full on dance.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

. But sometimes you loot and get a Scout and an EVA and things just sort of shake out, you know?
This is literally one of the best kits in the game lol A 1x2 on the scout is all you need.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm a 2x/4x guy myself

I feel the 2x4 and ups aren't worth the ads speed penalty. But i use a controller on pc, so it's probably negligible on mkb.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I also use a controller. Also you are a hell of a brave man to use a controller on PC, respect.

Lol more necessity than bravery. But it's also a testament to the game design that I can go heads up with mkb. The movement options are a game changer and the main reason gib is such a drag.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I feel the fatter they are, the quicker they should be. Give path a 1.5 base speed boost and caustic and gib double, so they can be more evasive. Give gibs gun shield a multiplier depending on the level of body shield the player has equipped. Let caustic throw his ult super far and give the gas canisters more area denial by making the ones shot at the base still disperse gas but it evaporates quickly.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

My path banner is just my grappling distance. Paid for it in craftmats but worth it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Just FYI Bangalore's Double Time is 130% speed increase and Bloodhound is 120% in Beast Mode so 200% would be insanely fast. Not a criticism just pointing out that you probably don't have to push it quite that far for it to work.

Oh yeah, i was thinking gib and caustic should be Bangalore's speed, but didn't know what that was. Put path right under that and just clean up his hit boxes and i think they're fine.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Wraith has the scariest run i think I've seen in a first person shooter. Seeing her sprinting towards you is always an intimidating sight.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

What?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

beejay posted:

Haven’t played in a few days, get on tonight and it seems the playerbase has gone from “pretty reasonable” to “garbage fire” or I was just unlucky. First game, jumpmaster jumps maybe one second after it’s possible and third guy goes “WOW dude late” and then proceeds to call me and the other guy “dogs” until we wipe and then just screams “poo poo” into the mic repeatedly. Next game, me as a level 13 get matched with two 85s and I just hear a loud sigh when they see this and they both immediately leave the game. Third game one guy leaves immediately again and his teammate stays but says something about it and dies fast. What can ya do I guess but I’ll never catch up in levels like this.

You get xp for living long and top3, just hide at the edges of the circle and get top 2, you could even try third partying the final two squads fighting and getting a surprise win if you load up on grenades. Any time i get "solo" i either try to pick a fight and work on my moment to moment or if I'm about to get a loot box, get the easy xp.

Winklebottom posted:

...you're intimidated by the Naruto run?

It looks really scary when she's rushing you down. It's just an all around bad rear end look. And it's actually the Sonic run, my baby brother been running like that since he played Sonic adventure

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Use the Evolved controller layout, it's the absolute best. It was the best in Titanfall 2 and it's the best here. It sucks for like 4 hours and then you're Evolved, baby. Join us in the sun.
Yup, this is what i use on pc. Bumper jumper plus better face buttons. Wish the ult fired easier but it's not that bad.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

precision posted:

The battle pass being "around 100 rewards" makes me fear that it's pretty much just "a few skins and 30 apex crates"

It'll be less than crates and just be individual titles and tags. Can't give too much away. Oh man, thinking about apex packs though, in fortnite, there aren't loot boxes, so they won't be giving away the Apex cred like fortnite does vc. Expect drops of 10 and a lot of the redcoin poo poo. But it might mean they offer more than the secondary unlock skin so people actually want to spend the red coins.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Evilreaver posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/aygfv6/map_shows_were_spread_out_a_lot/

dunno how to re-embed things from reddit but this is worth a watch

This is real good

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

You would think a joke about clarity would be more straight forward.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Lol that video is like a hack possesses everyone it kills

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

King Richard went devotion\spitfire this morning and it was hilarious as it sounds, dropping 19 with only one other teammate.

He also taught some of his squad how to use the slide to catch up to him. He's got a really good vibe.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Saw an amusing exchange about this.

Guy 1: Can somebody who solo drops and dies and quits please explain to me why you do it? I don't understand.
Guy 2: I do it all the time. The Jumpmaster doesn't ping the location or they ping somewhere out of the way and I don't want to loot for 15 minutes. I want to fight and win.
Guy 1: How many times have you solo-dropped and won?
(no response)

I'm with them, I need a fight early to get the blood going. If I'm looting for too long at the beginning, I already know I'm gonna die. I have yet to win a match that started with me looting with no fights.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

That's a fake account?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Yeah, pubg is whatever but i know that game was crashing so much, at one point you had to reset the client after a couple games to mitigate dropping mid game. The glass windows were a real problem too.

The performance is what let roe in.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm just gonna play through the tf2 campaign until the battle pass drops. Gives me time to work on my aim without ruining someone else's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

burexas.irom posted:

Be kind to my robot brothers, pilot.

Yeah what's up with that. I'm a path main, and was wondering why I'm shooting other Pathfinders. Never played the first one though, probably missed a bunch. And if Apex is in the same universe, is it a sequel or prequel?