Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Glad I tried this out. Much better game than expected, but I am so terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thought maybe I'd watch a little bit of streaming since I can't play right now. Don't really do that sort of thing. God drat, is Twitch completely loving toxic. Every random streamer I've hopped on is just loving terrible. Maybe I'm just getting old, but ughhhhhhhhhhh

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Fun Times! posted:

Most big Twitch streamers are genuine assholes who are angry most of the time, with few exceptions. They are always online people, after all.

Looks like Seagull is streaming and he seems good.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Don't wander. Half the game is looting as quickly and efficiently as possible, because I assure you other people are not wandering around like they're playing Skyrim.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

PSA:

Turning all the graphics settings down has helped a huge degree. If you're having trouble, try that. The first night I played something felt odd and I think it was that my FPS was fine most of the time but as soon as I got into a firefight it would drop. 980ti on a 3440x1440 monitor. Maybe they'll make things more efficient for now, but for the time being it's like night and day.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 7, 2019

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ran into my first rager after like 8 hours of playing. He got mad that I stole his character. Then he got mad that he was in a valley getting pinched by 2 squads and I was up at the rim shooting everyone. Downed some folks but he was mad that I wasnt shooting the guy in front of him while he was downed.

So I just typed "bye, go rage somewhere else" and walked away instead of ressing him. It was very cathartic.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I will say, after playing Bloodound once or twice, I now see why I'm getting completely dominated at times when fighting in smaller spaces. The real-time wallhack thing is a bit much. Having to track where that player is and trying to play cat and mouse is completely impossible when he knows exactly where you are for 30s.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Squeezy Farm posted:

he doesn't have a "real-time wallhack." the ult is just speed + target highlighting.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The ultimate doesn't even track through walls, just fog - I wasn't expecting that when I first used it, I thought it gave me x-ray vision like the normal ability.

Thanks for correcting me. Should not post when I'm not awake yet.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, it's time to move off Windows 7. It'll stop getting security updates in less than a year and it is not what games are being developed for.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Morphix posted:

/\/\ i've yet to hear a good reason why i'd want to move to 10/\/\

You must not be looking too hard, because I mentioned two reasons in response to your post.

Windows 7 will be End of Life in January of 2020. That is less than a year away. This means that you will no longer be getting security fixes. You've already not been getting non-security bug fixes for quite some time.

Additionally, applications are no longer being developed with Windows 7 in mind. Any sort of quality assurance being done on Windows 7 is given an ultra-low priority, as it is not the majority version of Windows in use and will be no longer supported by Microsoft in 10 months. If you say, "hey I am having problem with X,Y,Z on Windows 7" the response, as you have seen, will be "stop using Windows 7."

If you want to be the old man yelling at clouds, go for it. Just don't be surprised if no one wants to help you support an operating system that is no longer supported by those who are the monopoly holders of the source code.

If you have some sort of fundamental objection to Windows 10, I would look into running a non-Windows operating system. Just keep in mind that Microsoft will have supported Windows 7 for 10 years. Even the Long Term Support branches of popular Linux OS, Ubuntu, are only supported for 5 years.

Lastly, the software development world has changed quite a bit since Windows 7 was released. Having this monolithic piece of software that is done and in place for a decade is not going to exist again for the foreseeable future, if ever.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Morphix posted:

This is like the first time I've had any memory or game related issues. I get I won't have security updates or whatever but ill worry about that when it comes. Till than gently caress win10 and it's tiles and ads and everything else about it.

I'm sorry about your brain damage.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Morphix posted:

\/\/ but i don't wanna believe it! :( \/\/

Internet Explorer posted:

I'm sorry about your brain damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Morphix posted:

assholes

and ill admit there was nothing rational about me sticking with win7, in my head it was a better time for computing, it wasn't xp sp1 era, but you know, close.

not even ironic