Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I play on ps4 and wish I could stop loving with my aiming settings and just sit with something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Enemy teams cant shoot you if they can't find any bullets

my buddy always picks up hop ups and says “i don’t need this but i don’t want other people to have it”

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Casual Encountess posted:

i decided i wanted to get good at the havoc and l-star so any hot tips? what is the purpose of the single shot havoc and why can I not asmd combo it

i think the single shot select fire is hit scan, so super long distance?

worse thing about energy weapons imo is the ammo count feels super low throughout the map

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
mozambique here

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i either get rinsed in 20 seconds or get 5+kills. there’s nothing in between

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Baldwraith is that you

i only play with friends and we like to drop HOT

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Keito posted:

Honestly I've been having less fun and playing less this season. The lowered TTK I feel really impacts how you can approach engagements, and is especially punishing for aggressive players. One of many modifications this season in favour of """tactical gameplay""" (e.g. hiding in a corner).

Yeah, i’m feeling similar. This has always been my complaint about lower/faster TTK games, they feel great when you’re stomping but TERRIBLE when you’re getting destroyed: you don’t feel like you can fight back or maybe out shoot someone when you die super fast. -25 hp isn’t COD/BF-level fast, but...

As annoying as it was to have someone scamper away with a pinch of HP, it felt better to barely sneak around a corner and avoid death for a little longer. Maybe heal up and re-approach.

Obviously positioning is more and more important.

I played a gently caress ton last season but will prob only manage half as much this time. But I feel super spoiled by the movement and gunplay in this game, and as much as I wanna get into Destiny 2, I can’t without advanced look controls :(

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sand Monster posted:

Newbie help post incoming:

I started playing because a friend of mine likes to play with people he knows and his regular teammates have basically quit. I don't really play FPS games at all, and I'm pretty terrible at this one as a result -- if I get a kill per game and/or deal over 100 damage, it's an achievement.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with the weapon types, accessories, etc. I can't keep track of which is which, generally. Is there any certain type of weapon I should be on the lookout for, or avoid? For example, I've found that I did fairly well with the Alternator a few times, so I try to look for that one, but maybe there's better options I should prioritize.

Edit: I should add I generally have been playing as Bangalore, for no real reason. I also played as Lifeline a fair amount just for the sake of being able to help my friend a bit more as support.

the game feels overwhelming when you first pick it up but you’ll get the hang of it. all the guns are distinctive enough and good enough to run, honestly, almost all weapons are viable. i do like the alternator.

just read the tool tips and eventually you’ll grok it all.

i know for a while i kept getting hammerpoints and skullpiecer hop ups confused with each other.

John DiFool posted:

That's what it does though? The sheild covers the direction lifeline faces when you start the rez.

that’s the joke, which i assume is due to their lifeline constantly loving it up (i didn’t watch)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
iirc the post was someone on reddit who kept track of 100 matches and 90% of their teammates did less than 100 dmg or something

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
oh good, more evidence that pubbies SUCK at this game. i didn’t see that cause i only started playing in s5

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I am not surprised they suck, lots of people suck and that's ok. What I'm surprised at is how this game supposedly has SBMM but puts me in a casual game with two bad players and the champ squad is a very hardcore 3-stack all with badges I'm nowhere close to earning. Or when I group up with Diamond level players and get put in a game where every other squad, seemingly, has a Mr. Beam in it (as in, you're gonna get beam'd by some pretty great shots). It just doesn't seem to work, I'm always either vastly too good or way too bad.

Confession: I actually do just leave those games. I'm not a dick or anything, I throw my poo poo on the ground, ping it, and leave. Enjoy playing Apex: Stealth Action edition, I'm not interested.

i mean, if 90% of players suck, is there even a proper skill spread on the demographics to fully fill out SBMM properly?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
why do the flying death boxes have player names attached to them?! who are they.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i always forget the gas slows you so it gets me a lot cause i’m loving stupid

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
had a match with two randos where i fell into the loving lava canyon in fragment west and couldn’t get out before i died, and they rezzed me in sorting factory and we won the game standing in the final ring we had scanned near the lava pools.

god bless that bangalore and bloodhound for carrying my corpse to victory (i nabbed a red evo and re45 outta a box and contributed 800 damage)

when the game is good it’s great

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i’ve been switching it up from maining octane to crypto but it’s loving rough solo queuing as crypto, i always get ultra aggressive squad mates. I barely get time to scan the ring location :(. i just wanna scout and emp some dorks sometimes. but alas, I must push.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I saw someone the other day who had like 6000 kills as loving Rampart. What the gently caress. She just came out.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
granted the whiplash is even worse right now too cause wasn’t exp set to like 200% bonus last week to finish the season? I was getting like 5-7 levels a day playing extremely casually.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I rarely ever finish the battlepass but I buy it every season in order to support this game that gives its actual content for free

I just don’t get why the skins in the shop are $18!!! surely they’d sell way loving more if they were like $5? I’d drop $5 for a sick skin. HELL EVEN $10!!

Note; I am a moron though

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I need to just gently caress around the training ground for a while with iron sights i swear i can’t see poo poo with most guns, unless i have a sight on them. I’m looking at you spitfire!! what the gently caress is that iron sight.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i genuinely think i play worse when i have a bloodhound on my team. I rely too much on the scans and stop trying to predict movement through footsteps to whatever.

horizon is amazing. her passive alone is so smooth, and having what is essentially a jump pad without double jump every, what, 8 seconds? is crazy.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
learned yesterday that every weapon save for the p2020, wingman, havoc and l star has faster reloads if you reload before the clip is empty :banjo:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

resistentialism posted:

There's an 'inspect weapon' button to look at your cool weapon skin.

There's also a trick you can do with it where you can move slightly quickly but without tucking your gun away like when you sprint regularly? I dunno, I unbound it

this is holster weapons. idk about computer, it’s hold change weapon on console

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
would love to add some goons on ps4 (or xbox!) to play with when my two friends aren’t available or whatever. i’m okay/average at the game, if i don’t get rinsed in the first 30 seconds i usually get 3-4 kills at least. my last season KD was 0.90 which is.... an improvement from season 5 lol

i’m ziasquinn in game / on ps4

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

SKULL.GIF posted:

wait, the battle pass costs 950 coins but you get 1000 coins from it?

if you do the first 100~ levels yeah,

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

scuz posted:

Any tips for someone who wants to Scout Gooder? Like ranging, which scopes are you liking, etc? With sniper sights there's a handy number there for meters away but not with the Scout :smith:

i think the 2 and 3x bruisers have descent markings but they just aren’t labeled with numbers

can’t remember if the 2x4 also does.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
hover over the currency on the top right and it’ll tell you

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Daztek posted:

The right answer is always: unlock Mirage.

mirage is a lotta fun and I think his stupid personality is hilarious.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
south and north mcdonald’s.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
won a round once cause the circle closed shut in cage with every squad on a different floor because of lifeline’s drone giving us one extra tick of HP :blastu:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Simone Magus posted:

Nope, I play this game wayyyyyy too much and always hot drop. Like I said my average damage per game is 700 or 800

But I also always solo queue and seem to get matched with absolute morons wayyyyyy too often :(

I send game invites to goons constantly but nobody ever joins my games. Someone named Zia posted a couple weeks ago looking for teammates and I thought it'd be nice to play with another girl but they never accept either :(

I have absolutely literally never had a fellow girl teammate.

I posted here, my psn is ziasquinn, are you talking about me? I never got a friend request from you I don't think? add me again!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Simone Magus posted:

We're already friends on PSN, but you don't seem to accept my in game invites :(

ahh are you neon demon? you usually just catch me when i’m playing with a complete noobie and i don’t wanna inflict that on anyone lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
also 50 apex packs for 40 bucks (with one legendary pack) AND 25 apex packs for 20$

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i love the moz with hammers

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I missed Kings Canyon so much, I told it I'll never talk poo poo about it again.

Although I would really like some cars in KC.

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cowslips Warren posted:

I have to confess.

I have been playing since season 3 (or whenever Crypto came about) and it was all World's End and I....have no idea what the gently caress any of the locals are named. On any map. Ever. I vaguely am aware where the vaults are but otherwise it's Elsa's Ice Castle and the Train Station and the Funnel Tower By The Train Station. King's Canyon has Agrabah and Shrek's Swamp and Olympus is pretty much all Pretty Space Future Town.

no, no no, You go the Dab Rig on KC, the Long Schlong of the Sorting Factory on WE, and South and North Mcdonalds on the east side of Olympus