Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Drew McIntyre posted:

MbS pays for the shows so they can be used as pro-Saudi Arabia propaganda that's broadcast to the rest of the WWE Universe, aka Earth. women can drive there now!

I wonder how many years it will be until WWE just stops promoting it as a notable PPV of any kind and just silently has it air on the Network. As in, maybe it gets a taped commercial tagged onto a commercial break, and literally no mention on Raw or Smackdown.

Anyway... The problem is that WWE is incapable of promoting two PPVs at once. We got Wrestlemania on April 7th, and it will be 4 weeks of Raw/SD until the May Saudi Show on 5/3 of straight promotion. Then they'll probably do Backlash on May 12th for 1 whole week of build up, or May 19th for 2 weeks. The weekend after that is Memorial Day Weekend and seems unlikely for a PPV.

So we get a month of build to a PPV that everyone is going to hate, and virtually no build to Backlash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Rarity posted:

Becky Lynch is suspended but we can still get her Spanish cousin, Rebekah Linchar!

If they wanted to bury Becky they could just bring back La Luchadora

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I haven't yet finished SD but I just had to say Dean's stuff on EC3 gave me bittersweet flashbacks to his loving AMAZING burials of Ziggler during their feud for the WWEWHC and I heard a rumour that WWE wanted Dean/EC3 at Mania even before the news he's leaving. It's a weird feud but I could see the promos being good at least I guess. I still wish Dean wasn't leaving.*

Also Becky owns.

*offer partially void if Dean shows up in AEW this summer and becomes champ

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I actually think then can pull together this Becky Lynch storyline pretty well for a WrestleMania main event. HHH and Stephanie are still humiliated by what Ronda Rousey did at WrestleMania 34. They want Rousey to lose her title at WrestleMania because they know failing on such a big stage would break her like it did in the UFC. But they don’t think Becky can actually beat Rousey because she’s shown she will tap out when she gets caught and they also know she would wrestle injured before she would give up the match. They want Charlotte, who is HHH’s mentor’s daughter, who has done great at previous WrestleManias, who has been the champion a million times, and who they know is at 100% physically.

That way Becky is the good guy getting screwed, Ronda didn’t actually do anything wrong, and Charlotte is a mega heel rear end in a top hat intruder.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Feb 6, 2019

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or the mcmahons could just gently caress away forever

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

:hai:

Vince was great 20 years ago but he looks old and sad every time he’s on screen now, and his dipshit kids and son in law don’t show nearly enough rear end to be good at replicating the old Corporate McMahon role

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorGonzo posted:

Traditionally I agree but they did put Ronda over pretty well last year. The fact Steph actually ran with her "Broken arm" hanging while the crowd cheered was an example of good mcmahoning.

But then they blamed everything on baron corbin yet continue to push him so yes ok I agree.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's going on with undertaker?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1093031637082726400

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Imagine busting your rear end rehabbing, knowing there's a Mania main event in your future and welp.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1092983228036775936

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

I actually think then can pull together this Becky Lynch storyline pretty well for a WrestleMania main event. HHH and Stephanie are still humiliated by what Ronda Rousey did at WrestleMania 34. They want Rousey to lose her title at WrestleMania because they know failing on such a big stage would break her like it did in the UFC. But they don’t think Becky can actually beat Rousey because she’s shown she will tap out when she gets caught and they also know she would wrestle injured before she would give up the match. They want Charlotte, who is HHH’s mentor’s daughter, who has done great at previous WrestleManias, who has been the champion a million times, and who they know is at 100% physically.

That way Becky is the good guy getting screwed, Ronda didn’t actually do anything wrong, and Charlotte is a mega heel rear end in a top hat intruder.

I don't think this will happen considering Triple H spent 10 minutes talking about how scared of Ronda Becky is last night

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ronda becky is the one match that doesnt need the loving mcmahons. add charlotte if rhonsha sucks at the mic and let becky carry the loving thing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The WWE comic series revealed what Joe was doing at AJ's house.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

That AJ looks like Drew.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

ICHIBAHN posted:

All the chatter suggests he's not on the card at all at this point, which leads me to believe he's going to be on the card.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 6, 2019

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Professor Funk posted:

All the chatter suggests he's not on the card at all at this point, which leads me to believe he's going to be on the card.

I'm imagining a universe where he retired after Lesnar beat him.

And then Brock is used as the new Undertaker, working only big shows for prestige non-title matches to see if anyone can beat the Beast who put away the Deadman. Brock gets to pick who he works with.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

John Cena vs The Undertaker II: This time, it might go 5 minutes

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Endless Mike posted:

If that feud had more scenes like that I might have liked it. Never even show Joe approaching the house or even being there, just the family discussing the (surprisingly pleasant) aftermath

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Endless Mike posted:

Samoa Joe is a monster

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I like that the comic implies AJs family doesn’t watch WWE and had no idea who Joe was until he showed up and just took him at his word.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 6, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dacap posted:

I like that the comic implies AJs family don’t watch WWE and had no idea who Joe was until he showed up and just took him at his word.

Can you blame them?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

bradzilla posted:

John Cena vs The Undertaker II: This time, it might go 5 minutes

On one hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a surprise Taker appearance at EC or Fastlane to kick off a feud, though I'm not sure who would actually face him (Drew? Braun? Finn?).

On the other, I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't getting booked at all. Maybe he wants to heal up and do one more semi-major run before a retirement match at Wrestlemania next year or something.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

In addition to what Dave said weeks ago about how there's no Mania plans for him, he obviously no longer has references to WWE on any of his social media account infos and Dave said on today's Observer Radio he's taking outside bookings/appearances now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Please don't let the Undertaker wrestle again

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

In addition to what Dave said weeks ago about how there's no Mania plans for him, he obviously no longer has references to WWE on any of his social media account infos and Dave said on today's Observer Radio he's taking outside bookings/appearances now

Maybe Undertaker is going to AEW

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Andrast posted:

Please don't let the Undertaker wrestle again

Undertaker v. Kenny Omega in AEW brother

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The babyface that's gonna beat Daniel Bryan for the title will throw the hemp belt in the trash to massive boos.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Finally we can get that Undertaker/abyss feud, but in tna.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

Finally we can get that Undertaker/abyss feud, but in tna.

Abyss just left TNA for WWE, proving once more how cruel the universe can be to Abyss

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Endless Mike posted:

YOU THINK THIS IS ABOUT COFFEE?!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

The babyface that's gonna beat Daniel Bryan for the title will throw the hemp belt in the trash to massive boos.

Matt Riddle is gonna smoke it actually

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Endless Mike posted:

Mrs. Styles looks suspiciously like Becky Lynch :thunk:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

AJs son; I don’t watch the show, Paul

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Mrs. Styles looks suspiciously like Becky Lynch :thunk:

The worst timeline.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've always been under the impression Undertaker wrestled in WWE under a handshake agreement with Vince McMahon for at least the last 15 years. Rather than having a formal contract with all the related restrictions.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Endless Mike posted:

now this is some quality content

aj/joe was a tna-rear end feud and also the best one of aj's reign.

if the undertaker's defacto retirement match is an absolutely dreadful tag with 100 year old kane vs 200 year old dx in saudi arabia just weeks after their king ordered the brutal murder of a journalist that he is going to get away with well...

man i dunno

shiksa fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 6, 2019

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave is wrong about this anyway. Quick check with the Wayback machine shows that he never mentioned WWE on his profiles. I believe he's going on a speaking tour though isn't he, so his 'bookings' just seems to be for appearances.

Bad form Dave.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
So Ronda really didn't pop the ratings like they wanted, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Gonz posted:

Triple H should become an alcoholic who is also vritually impervious to every known drug?

Holy poo poo imagine HHH with rhinophyma, he'd need some kind of support harness or wheeled undercarriage.