Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Endless Mike posted:

The WWE comic series revealed what Joe was doing at AJ's house.

how long does it take her to do laundry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fightful posted:

I heard there has been some concern that they may not re-sign. Now, I don’t know when their deal is up but I just heard there is some concern that they might not re-sign. That doesn’t mean they are going to AEW but it means that there is just some concern.
https://twitter.com/411mania/status/1093165231256219648

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Next week, Miz and Shane will host The Usos on the first ever "McMiz TV". The Usos did a backstage promo saying that they were on a different level as a tag team than Miz or Shane could ever be.

"Surely losing a title match in 2019 to Shane McMahon will help" - The McMahon family

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rarity posted:

I've been hired to join the Raw writing team. Coincidentally, Raw will now be three hours of Finn Balor with his shirt off flexing his abs

I mean, yeah.

If you don't write him into Rick Rude style airbrushed trunks I will be deeply disappointed in you.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Chris James 2 posted:

"Surely losing a title match in 2019 to Shane McMahon will help" - The McMahon family

I mean, they quite possibly won't lose because the idea almost has to be Miz/Shane at WrestleMania.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Just as long as they promise to take Joe with them.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I, for one, am against privately-owned penitentiaries.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

how long does it take her to do laundry

All night loooooong

All night

All night

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

VJeff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Just as long as they promise to take Joe with them.

I'm not entirely sure which Samoan person named Joe you are referring to. There's so many of them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm not entirely sure which Samoan person named Joe you are referring to. There's so many of them.

I mean, if they took both it'd be great but I was specifically referring to Joe Anoai.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, they quite possibly won't lose because the idea almost has to be Miz/Shane at WrestleMania.

Miz & Shane are winning and they're doing Nakamura/Rusev vs Shane/Miz at Mania

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Becky is going to get the divine gift of losing to a McMahon at Wrestlemania

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
lmao that is the most 90's rear end wrestling "SCOOP SITE" sounding news I've seen in years.

I'm concerned I've heard there may be some concerning news regarding the concern around the Uso's possibly signing or re-signing. Now I don't know what the concern is, I haven't said if they will sign or re-sign, just that I have concern about the concern. Please don't interpret this as me reporting concern regarding the concerning situation of the Uso's contracts, just know that there is some concern.

Why would WWE care about The Usos leaving? They have a million tag teams they don't use. No individual superstar, let alone a tag team, is more over than the brand. Losing The Usos would literally mean nothing to do them in regards to ratings, merch, etc.

Looking forward to every WWE wrestler under contract leaking stories about CONCERN over their deals.

WWE is said to be very concerned about the status of Epico and Primo's contracts, which are ending soon. There is definite concern they are going to AEW, wrestling promotions should be competing over their services and offering big contracts.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Tato posted:

lmao that is the most 90's rear end wrestling "SCOOP SITE" sounding news I've seen in years.

I'm concerned I've heard there may be some concerning news regarding the concern around the Uso's possibly signing or re-signing. Now I don't know what the concern is, I haven't said if they will sign or re-sign, just that I have concern about the concern. Please don't interpret this as me reporting concern regarding the concerning situation of the Uso's contracts, just know that there is some concern.

Why would WWE care about The Usos leaving? They have a million tag teams they don't use. No individual superstar, let alone a tag team, is more over than the brand. Losing The Usos would literally mean nothing to do them in regards to ratings, merch, etc.

Looking forward to every WWE wrestler under contract leaking stories about CONCERN over their deals.

WWE is said to be very concerned about the status of Epico and Primo's contracts, which are ending soon. There is definite concern they are going to AEW, wrestling promotions should be competing over their services and offering big contracts.

AEW is supposed to be really tag team focused and the Usos are one of the best tag teams around (face paint Usos are years in the mirror). I wouldn't want them to leave, either.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Tato posted:

They're concerned in that while they don't make money off of the Usos, they know someone else can take the talent and make some money with them. It's monopoly practice and now that AEW is a thing, they're going to be worried that when contracts expire or talent gets unhappy they can now walk out the door for equal or better pay per show with a less hectic work schedule.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you're a talented tag team in WWE and aren't at least using AEW's existence as leverage in contract negotiations, you're dumb as rocks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1093203184145838080

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dolph's smart. It's easy to be the main event player when you're the only person on the roster.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Dolph's smart. It's easy to be the main event player when you're the only person on the roster.

Dolph Ziggler: Comedy Sycophant who still gets buried is pretty on brand for Dolph Ziggler.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

But think of all the 5 star classic he could have with Okada if he....nah can't even finish that as a joke

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says the Usos contracts expire in April. WWE still negotiating, nothing signed yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Road To Wrestlemania

Smackdown's viewership last night was 1,841,000

Not a typo

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/102133/smackdown-live-audience-drops-.html?p=1 Lowest in PWInsider's record of USA Network's ratings (going from July 2016 on)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Smackdown's viewership last night was 1,841,000

Not a typo

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/102133/smackdown-live-audience-drops-.html?p=1 Lowest in PWInsider's record of USA Network's ratings (going from July 2016 on)

State of the Union

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Kimoa Kid posted:

State of the Union

the only show with worse script than wwe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

State of the Union

quote:

January 30th, 2018 SD (vs. State of the Union address) 2.51 million viewers

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oof

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we just finished an extrenuous gov shutdown and are probably walking into another one later this month so this years state of the union probably has more attention than last years for that very reason.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

was becky announced for smackdown at all? i can't imagine suspending her on raw helped retain their viewers for the next night

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean its not like ratings have been trending upward with her push

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

becky is not yet a needle mover for tv or live audience numbers. I think she will be if they do a good job promoting her but she isn’t at all for now

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i was thinking more she was helping to carry audience from raw over to smackdown rather than actually increasing ratings

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

we just finished an extrenuous gov shutdown and are probably walking into another one later this month so this years state of the union probably has more attention than last years for that very reason.

The SOTU pulled an increase this year, yes.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean its not like ratings have been trending upward with her push

Ratings haven't been trending upwards in general in 20 years regardless of who gets pushed. It's not a problem of pushing someone specific, it's that wrestling isn't cool.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 6, 2019

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

was becky announced for smackdown at all? i can't imagine suspending her on raw helped retain their viewers for the next night
she was "suspended" on raw so they basically implied the exact opposite of an appearance.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Angry Grimace posted:

wrestling isn't cool.

you're hurting me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
but stocks are up across the board so it must be good!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
everyone spend your money on wrestling stuff now do it quick HURRY!

the industry's life depends on it :ohdear:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

but stocks are up across the board so it must be good!

It's not good at all, but it's a ratings decline that's within what you would have expected given the SOTU and the fact that the last time they went against the SOTU it was the post Rumble show where the men's title was won by an SDL wrestler.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dick Bastardly posted:

everyone spend your money on wrestling stuff now do it quick HURRY!

the industry's life depends on it :ohdear:

The wrestling industry just needs your card number and the three digits on the back!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Rarity posted:

The wrestling industry just needs your card number and the three digits on the back!

:henget:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

usos vs bucks in an indy setting is a match I'd like to see

HHH vs Becky at Mania is gonna rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

GrimGypsy posted:

usos vs bucks in an indy setting is a match I'd like to see

HHH vs Becky at Mania is gonna rule

Kratos v. Eloy, Presented by Sony Computer Entertainment