Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It kinda looks like the unicorn myth is also permanent, which is nice.

Are there other myths like that? Can you get vampires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Personally I'm just excited to see where else everything goes. I really look forward to us getting a culture and seeing what that does.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Horse, Chico, Buffalo Buffalo, Dr Gnaw

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

King Doom posted:

Mammoths with cannons on them.

If our civ doesn't have this I will be extremely mad.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lol the icon for mega-corporations
Also :pcgaming: nanopunk :pcgaming:

I love how loving insane this mod is.

e: lmao oh my loving god I just looked we haven't even discovered the goddamned wheel yet! We aren't even in tech tree 2!!!

ee: will you be doing a thread vote for a religion or is there one you want to get?

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 3, 2019

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

kw0134 posted:

Don't handicap yourself, give the AI something to compensate, move on, so call it 3.

I vote for this. Just cheat in a ton of tech or money for the AI or something.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Thefluffy posted:

Scientology is one of the religions in this

So is Canaanism, which I think is just fascist Judaism?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

C. Bears. Riding bears into battle is loving radical.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cythereal posted:

5, and it's still possible.

You can also get Rocketry, and thus the Apollo Program, without Combustion.

I'm imagining either launchers or steampunk style space zeppelins.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

With the wolf upgrade dogs become unstoppable monsters, holy poo poo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

Those future genetic engineered dogs can 100% destroy a tank, including the then future tanks if you use flanking and stuff.

They have 90 strength.

:stonk:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

One thing I do think is interesting is that the atmosphere map came up again in beyond earth. I wish the c2c guys weren't stuck in civ4; I bet they could get a lot out of BE's systems.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It sounds like midgame should have you being invaded by aliens to make up for the lack of challenge :getin:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

B. And what is the sky, if not an inky black ocean that we will someday cross?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jossar posted:

Alright, closed. Civilized and Covetous it is. Say, what does Covetous look like statwise anyway?

:shepicide:

Wow that seems uh, incredibly bad

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why is Hitler here anyway

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the new philosophical question: do you kill baby hitler? is out, do you kill caveman hitler? is IN

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jossar posted:

The worst part of the game... is all the racist and biotruth stuff.

But on a less obviously awful level, i'm kind of starting to get creeped out at how despite all the horrible jank it seems to have hacked my brain so easily. Despite normal civ not really appealing to me that much, I am really feeling the "One More Turn" vibes at this point, even as I sit here waiting for the results of the vote.

I suppose it helps to ensure that i'll see this thing through to the end, especially because i'm LPing it for an audience this time around, if nothing else.

I think the reason c2c does this is that it is loving loaded with a billion things to do, so you can always find at least one close-term goal.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hell yeah time to make some robot birds

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Smith quote is extremely appropriate for the tech it represents imo, it's the core belief that made that entire enterprise possible spoken by one of its most fervent and horrific followers

I mean it also requires you to know that he was the PM of Rhodesia and what that is, but

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Seafaring II, Zealous II

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Where the gently caress are the crimson skies planes, caveman to cosmos devs :colbert:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

What's that unit with the california flag? a prospector?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Please show the scientology religion's stats when you get to it, I want to see if the mid/late-game religious options stack up.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hell yeah we crimson skies now

the PLO fighter is, I assume, due to their heavy usage of rockets and mortars when it comes to actions against Israel, but it is also very dumb and nonsensical. so it's a perfect fit for this mod

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jossar posted:

In game it's actually kind of funny because the Russian national anthem starts blaring in place of a voice clip.

lol that owns

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lol is the image for the internet al gore, that's pretty good

this update has some fantastic icons.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dyson spheres are for babies. The real answer is that we rip a hole into another dimension that is pure energy and harvest it to power our society. :pcgaming:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

So I guess Earth is now Pandora, just with less giant blue people.

I mean you could BE one if you want.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This update appears to be the point where they haven't gotten to the mechanicals, because everything is different for no reason.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The gold standard is insane once you get asteroid mining, since a single asteroid can have enough gold to completely trivialize most precious metals.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

:lol: what the gently caress we're through the rabbit hole now

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm still waiting for us to go back in time and uplift our species, unless that's already happened.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah I think the 'game' kind of stops once you hit information age, everything past there is very clearly unfinished / a skeleton for future stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kangxi posted:

And the barbarians who raid the other civilizations, are they the ones who walk away from Omelas?

the other civilizations are the children. We are their gods, everything we can do is unheard of, and yet we keep our fellow men wallowing in dirt and filth, scoffing from across dimensions as we leave them behind on a hollowed-out rock. This is why we kept the gold standard for so long, even when we passed material needs and could replicate basic matter at a whim;

the Mongolians are libertarians