Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mitochondritom posted:

Is this the case with this mod, and I guess vanilla Civ IV?

yeah but at the same time the people who want to play a slower game are also the people least likely to leverage an advantage into victory decisively so they usually just go to space anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mitochondritom posted:

Seems like a good place to ask if anyone has ever tried out the Dune mod for Civ IV and if so is it worth a look?

Arrakis Dune Desert Planet

I have heard C2C and Fall from Heaven bandied about as the mods for Civ IV to check out, but never Dune.

i have and it's very good. i easily prefer it to ffh2; dune wars is up there with planetfall

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

A. Creative. it's supposed to be a big fat cross not a tiny sad box!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

sorry but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Bear

although with this mod it's hard to be sure

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

could've probably given those techs some better names

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i knew those flat-earthers were on to something

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i feel like caveman2cosmos is getting criticized for achieving its goals here

like yeah it's a bloated mess. that's the point

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

nice pink dot

settling one off the coast hurts my soul though

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

note sure what's so weird about having iron working in the iron age tbh

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

can't you just worldbuilder them a couple of extra pop in the second city once they settle it?

3 anyway actually 2, just skipping a few turns is nbd

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

homo superior: 9 million beakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jossar posted:

Seems about right for a Nanotech era tech. I made it up to just about to that point in the tech tree in my game before I stopped and you're making several million beakers a turn, so depending on how much of your civilization you devote purely to beakers, you could have it up and running in 2-3 turns.

i don't doubt it. exponential growth over a few thousand turns adds up