Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
lol at Bourgeois producing unhappiness from Labor Union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Secured Borders disabling Ellis Island is really funny to me. I mean it's kind of technically sort of true...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is John Frum handled any less racist than Urban Culture presumably is?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, that's less bad than I had anticipated.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Good thing we are researching Fire Suppression in the screenshot of the literal flat circle Sun :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh my god the CIA canonically runs the Panthers in this game's universe?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I actually love Pluto just being there and unmarked. Huge burn on Pluto.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Fiber Optics obsoletes The Kremlin, because those dastardly Russkies could never tap fiber lines or something.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Flappy Bert posted:

As was Kremlin being obsolete by fiber optics, as it happens.
Holy poo poo, really? That's even more baffling to me if it's official.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Maigius posted:

Smart Dust obsoleting Bridal Shops is the weirdest thing in the updated.
Nobody will buy a wedding dress when the nanites let them custom make their own!

But also yes, yes it is.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cerebral Bore posted:

This is actually pretty hilarious when you think about it. So basically we just went and told the universal God-AI that it's fired because we've decided to split our multi-galactic empire inhabited by beings of pure light and thought into geographical sub-units for some reason?
Because every subunit does 5% more science :eng101:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"hitler is here, so we can kill him" is at least a very straightforward defense. That's not a compliment but I guess it kinda is too.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Roko's Basilisk being a wonder definitely gives me three unhappy face.

also lmao at the tech with the picture of Giygas

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Randalor posted:

So... did you want us to buy you one of those dipping birds so you don't need to hit the enter key yourself, or...

I'm sure they sell them on Amazon.
Fun fact, you can't use those for buttons because they work via fluid flow, which is why they're specifically drinking birds :eng101:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If they moved it earlier they could have a tech that "obsoletes Omelas" which would own

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Did they add a poke at SA in this patch or was that preexisting? Cause that's a fine tradition, goons making that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

President Ark posted:

i could easily see purebrane/strain gold being a luxury resource in the galactic-to-hyperspace stages of the game, with a civilopedia entry composed entirely of tobleronetriangular quotes
TobleroneTriangular is the best long-form trolling that ever existed and every game should do it.