Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

"Congratulations! You're all smarter than some of the most brilliant minds on Tendao that worked on this revolutionary project."

This looks like a wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

"Congratulations! You're all smarter than some of the most brilliant minds on Tendao that worked on this revolutionary project."

This is a 4X game, so let's pick the one that matches a core goal B. Expand.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Ah, wondersniping.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Jossar posted:

oh no how did i get here this is not sustainable city planning

A bit of a tangent, but I hate what imgur does when you're on mobile. The image was compressed and reduced in resolution so badly that I couldn't read it on my phone. I had to get on my computer to see the shenanigans.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

What could go right?

Actually, can they be used for espionage? We obviously need more techs.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Industrious + :smugdog:

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Cerebral Bore posted:

That's how you end up with a bazillion buildings and a bunch of subsystems that model poo poo that really should be abstracted, such as crime or education level, and you generally end up with this bloated mess of micromanagement that just drags out the game into utter tedium.

I'll just say that this is the very reason why the original MoO is my favorite 4x.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Super Jay Mann posted:

This is also the reason I wanted Ivory, since you still need at least one of these resources to actually build the building. Those as we'll see, the Ivory wasn't strictly necessary it turns out.

You've got a typo there.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

CommissarMega posted:

Playing through the game, I find it hilarious that one of the buildings that never goes obsolete is... the basket maker :allears:

You'll always have people majoring in underwater basket weaving.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Jossar posted:

Dragons from various big scaly lizards.

A quick RL note, I'm not sure if this a consensus yet, but there is a theory that dragon myths come from people unearthing dinosaur fossils.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

I was going to suggest Doge, but since that's taken, Spot and Pluto.

Oh, and Rex.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

When updating a civic, can you provide a comparison like you did with the government civic? It was nice to compare the old and new civic.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Yeah, just handicap yourself for a while and let them catch up.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

3, I'm really only here to see the techs and poo poo; could care less about the AI.

I voted to let the AI catch up, but honestly, this sums up my thoughts. I'm here to see the techs.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Roobanguy posted:

so i've been playing this mod, and guess what the Romani special unit is?

Brilliant!

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Regallion posted:

You need Culture:Korean to build a dog breader so we are SoL on that.

Korean was not the first culture I would have associated with breading dogs. It's nowhere near as common now as it used to be, but it's still going on.

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

Super Jay Mann posted:

Temple of Toth

Better than the Temple of Thot at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 29, 2014

I figure it's going to be important to seal up the chokepoint with Darius as soon as you can get another city. Then you'll be bottled up on that end of the continent, safe, but stuck until you can either break through, or decide to take the naval option.