Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Oh my God I remember playing this mod years ago and just being overwhelmed. It's still going!?!

I guess I can still say I'm getting in on the ground floor.

Creative and :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Another vote for Missile

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Circumcision Hut"
"Increases health and happiness only after automatic firearms"

:stonk:

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
I remember those! They had hilarious city names. Just grunting sounds like "Ook" or "Ugg".

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
I only tried this mod years ago, so reading the thread has been a mix of what I remember and what's changed. They still kept the bear cavalry and megafauna domestication?

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

Super Jay Mann posted:

The Tribe has arrived and now, after ~420 turns of play, we finally settle our first city.

Grapplejack posted:

e: lmao oh my loving god I just looked we haven't even discovered the goddamned wheel yet! We aren't even in tech tree 2!!!

No wheel, no animal riding, no agriculture, no 'celebrations' yet. I think we'll be here a while!!

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
3. I'd really rather not have you intentionally do suboptimal play or have to replay so many turns.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
So when do we get :shittydog: on boats? This is very important.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
big cats

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

xelada posted:

Though it does seem that this mod's techs are more... self-contained? There is only one tech that allows you to move to the next age, and you need most of the techs from the previous age to get to it, which also means there doesn't seem to be any techs that require something from the previous age. It is certainly an unusual way of laying out the tech tree.

No, I think this mod still has techs that require techs from earlier eras. At least that's how I remembered it from years ago and assuming they haven't revamped it completely since then.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Are Mormonism or Scientology still included religions in this mod?

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

Jossar posted:

Very much appreciated SJM, although i'd argue you're nowhere near the most monotonous part yet. :suicide:

It gets worse?

Anyway, thank you SJM for putting all the effort into this LP. You've already made more sense of it than I did when I first tinkered with it years ago. :v:

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Oh good it's back!

C

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Not only can we make bread now, we can set the bakery on fire when that jerk baker doesn't give us a sprinkle donut! Truly a technological leap forward.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Well that is a nasty surprise. Biotruths and then blatant racism. Sure. Is there anything else this bad we should know about? :stonk:

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Welcome back! I'm excited to see what convoluted mechanics the mod throws at us next.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Condense as much as you need to.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Do not pick "There will be peace in our time." We know how that turned out.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
C. The southern continent, closer to home for resupply.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Remove Covetous. With how many techs we've got in this mod? That's got to go.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Strategist, Zealous

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Scientific and Zealous II

hahaha scientific progress goess wooooosh

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Jesus Christ!

The early stuff about alpha males and females and 'omega child crew' was eye-rolling but having those specific wonders and mechanics in the game is too much.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 22, 2020

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Scientific and Negligent

Keep the votes, imho.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 24, 2020

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Nah, it was my mistake. I've edited my last post.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
At this point, I'd just read a book or something.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
... alien racism?

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Seconded. I've had my gripes with mod design before but this makes sense.

I know other Civ games have worked with a multi-map system for space and planets; Civ 2" Test of Time, years and years ago, pulled it off. But that's a completely different game.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
I'd love to know how Venus gets terraformed.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
All this in about eight game years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
And the barbarians who raid the other civilizations, are they the ones who walk away from Omelas?