Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Did they ever fix the issue where it was possible to get a city producing so much food/hammers/gold per turn it wrapped around from positive to negative? I was doing so well in my last game until my capital was suddenly producing -200000 food per turn.

Edit: One thing that's popped up a few times in screenshots but hasn't been directly addressed, there are certain animals here you wouldn't expect to see in a regular civ game due to the games timeframe. I don't want to spoil anything directly, but yeah, the mod has a few little surprises left.

King Doom fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

tell me more about the alt tech stuff

If you get the Zeppelin Aircraft Carriers you never, ever upgrade them and you guard them like the unique, beautiful treasures they are since they are the only non ship carrier in the game. Also if you get the Sky Dreadnought I'd love to know how, since I could never build that thing.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

sebmojo posted:

While i do not understand this, i am bound in honor to accept it, but if you don't mind i will always think of you as a true magus of rear end

I remember once we had mods so hardcore they wouldn't just change his name without asking, they'd go to his house and tattoo it onto his forehead. Sir, you have shamed your ancestors.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Y'know what I miss? heroic 2. It was a promotion available to the special units like great hunters that was removed long long ago. If I remember correctly, it granted +20% strength, which was nice. It also granted a flat 5% chance per kill to trigger a golden age. I once had a 9500 year golden age going on before the save broke.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Oh loving christ, how did I miss this? How does this exist? How does it not explode on startup? I've played the ancestor of this thing ages ago, but I never though it was still a thing. gently caress, I never thought Civ4 modding was still a thing. What is happening? Is it because it's 2019?

Next you're going to tell me people are still working of Fall from Heaven. Or Dune Wars. Actually, do tell me if that's the case because both of those rule.

The newest build for the latest iteration of the mod of the mod of the modmod of fall from heaven came out like 3 weeks ago. It's called Ashes of Erebus now.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
The harems building icon also has the most comically bad censoring I've ever seen.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Unicorns, phoenix from either hawks or eagles and I wanna say one more?

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
The one thing I'd change is the availability of animals - I'm playing a game now, and I'm on the not-australia continent. Lots of platypi and kangaroo's, none of the big animals that got domestocated. No deer, no horses, no buffalo, no camels, no llamas, no elephants... it does kinda leave you lagging behind the guys on the not-europe continent or wherever who all have herds of goats, sheep and deer. Can't think how I'd change it though. I see why the animals spawn the way they do, to reflect how they evolved in the real world and all that. Maybe a repeatable project once you get rafts where you send some guys out to explore and they come back in x turns with animals you don't have yet.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Mammoths with cannons on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Not quite on topic, but anyone know how long or what it takes for a barbarian city to convert into a new civilisation?