Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I'm quite some way into Lydie and Suelle. What in the world did Firis do between the games to get this pumped? Like, I can never go back to Firis now because I'll miss my goddess of destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
as much of a creep as liane is you gotta hand it to her for teaching firis how to use the bow

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Anyone know how the Firis PC port is? I'm tempted because the DLC bundles are on sale...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

HellOnEarth posted:

Anyone know how the Firis PC port is? I'm tempted because the DLC bundles are on sale...

The port is fine, the game is more contentious

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

cheetah7071 posted:

The port is fine, the game is more contentious

I know, but I feel like I'm missing a lot of context when I play L&S.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can use a trainer like the one by FLiNG to increase the walk speed which kinda helps.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GustAtelierPR/status/1246258148081426432

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Played a bunch of Firis but haven't beaten it yet. I've managed to enjoy it, even though the game sure is fighting me having fun with it. Everything is like 6 steps too annoying, whether its the time limit or the LP or the fact you need to basically wait for what is essentially postgame for fast travel to show up. It feels like a step backwards in terms of QOL compared with Sophie? But I guess the open world is part of that and they fixed it for Ryza.

Overall, I am having fun and like spending time with it mainly because I like the characters. The small slice of life things like Revy making hamburgers dramatically was a highlight (Revy is my favourite since he talks like a supervillain but is actually a complete doofus who keeps losing his shoe in deep snow). Or any of the poo poo that happens with Drossel is amazing. The large party and their silly day-to-day lives is the kind of thing I was really missing in Ryza, so I'm liking it, despite some of the gameplay designs that they obviously learned from.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

ecks dash post

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
homos is better but I foolishly spent the money before the creative process was complete

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This is excellent, good job

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i appreciate the lulua x stia snub for the hom's homos gangtag

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 11, 2020

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Good job!

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Hi thread!

I got interested in Atelier with BlondeRobin's aborted translation/LP of Atelier Marie, ended up picking up Atelier Iris 3 and Mana Khemia on the PS2, and while they were much more like typical JRPGs I did enjoy them at a time when I was starting to get pretty burned out on FF-style games, so they get credit for that.

A few years ago I finally got a PS3 and was able to play Rorona+, which was a blast, and by the time I was done with those there was a fan-translation of Marie+Elie out, so I played through those too.

I'm now halfway through Totori on the PC, but honestly, I'm not really feeling it that much; the fact that they never made a Totori+ version incorporating the improvements from Rorona+ makes it obviously rough around the edges in ways Rorona wasn't, which has me wondering if I should just ditch Totori, skip Mereru, and jump straight to Lulua or Ayesha.

Is that an Atelier gang tag? Because it's great.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Meruru has the same engine as Rorona Plus. If you didnt mind that you won't mind Meruru. Totori is the only modern atelier janky enough to be hard to play for quality of life reasons

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Meruru has the same engine as Rorona Plus. If you didnt mind that you won't mind Meruru. Totori is the only modern atelier janky enough to be hard to play for quality of life reasons

Oh! I thought, based on the release dates, that the improvements were backported from Ayesha.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I ended up spending the :tenbux: to switch from a hobo to a homo

If anyone else wants to get the gangtag for only $5, the images are uploaded on the SA servers now, and can be used with normal img tags inside of custom titles

Hom's Hobos: https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/c6/e1/00168442.0014.png

Hom's Homos: https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/c6/e1/00168442.0016.png

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It looks like the Mysterious series of games might be on sale with the Playstation Spring sale refresh today.

https://twitter.com/GustAtelierPR/status/1250278589284511747

Sophie 50% - $29.99
Firis 50% - $29.99
Lydie & Suelle 40% - $35.99 (Usual price point on sales)

Blue Reflection 50% - $29.99

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/1250438737961443330

i am reasonably sure i have filled out this survey already but i'm going to ask them again to go back to L&S/lulua combat, or at least eschatology combat

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's seemingly a new one. There's a different background image at the end.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Koei Tecmo earnings report is out in a couple hours. We'll hear how many copies of Ryza they sold over the fiscal year.

420,000 sales of Ryza.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 27, 2020

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is that good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's pretty nice yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

For comparison Tales of Berseria sold about 200k.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I need this franchise to continue to do well so I can return to it every now and then and have more cute soothing jrpgs to play. It's a niche that no one else is filling.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I need Atelier to continue to be successful so Gust can afford voiced NPC events in Ryza 2.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

420k worldwide or just in Asia lol nice

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 27, 2020

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The corporate office had previously only announced Japanese sales, which ended up in the 170k-180k range. Typically the western release would be after the fiscal year rolled over before they started the quicker release cycle, but I doubt those sales were much to talk about.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Does Totori switch let you choose the endings like Rorona or does it go through priority selection?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Tired Moritz posted:

Does Totori switch let you choose the endings like Rorona or does it go through priority selection?

If it's the same as the PC version, it sadly doesn't let you choose.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played a few hours of Atelier Elie last night. Seems to be a lot better than Marie from the little I played of that

Love the shoujo villain classmate who stops by your workshop to insult the quality of your fairies

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

I played a few hours of Atelier Elie last night. Seems to be a lot better than Marie from the little I played of that

Love the shoujo villain classmate who stops by your workshop to insult the quality of your fairies

Elie is basically Marie 2.0, so yeah.

I think it has a whole storyline involving the coastal city and becoming a deep sea monster hunter(?) that I completely missed out on, though. Traveling to the coast is so expensive timewise that you really need to go all-in on one city or the other, it seems.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1261227488304181249

very noticeable omission from this roundup of modern atelier illustrators

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
NOCO was apparently their favorite seeing as she got to do the anniversary game (Nelke) and got to redesign Gust-chan for the first time since Tsunako's redesign for Hyperdimension Neptunia.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does anyone by any chance know the song that plays in the Castagne bar in Elie? It owns extremely hard but I cant find it in the soundtrack

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 19, 2020

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GustAtelierPR/status/1264010412594393088

Atelier Marie released this day in 1997

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
happy birthday marie

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ToxicFrog posted:

Elie is basically Marie 2.0, so yeah.

I think it has a whole storyline involving the coastal city and becoming a deep sea monster hunter(?) that I completely missed out on, though. Traveling to the coast is so expensive timewise that you really need to go all-in on one city or the other, it seems.

you can't really go all in on the coastal city; it doesn't have a workshop or anything. I just completed what you're describing tonight and it's actually pretty simple. I think you need to make at least two trips out to the coast though, followed by another even longer trip by boat to the other continent to finally reunite with Marie

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Elie has a system where she can invent new recipes by just selecting the ingredients and hoping for the best (she at least tells you if the recipe will work or not before you use anything up) and today I was able to make a philosopher's stone just from memory of what items usually go into them in these games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Just finished my NG+ of Ayesha (aside from the ultra bosses which...I'm not gonna beat.) It's pretty refreshing after coming from the Arland trilogy to have almost no weird sexual scenes, although the focus on half the female characters looking for husbands is uncomfortable. Also liked that some of the CGs make Ayesha look like an actual grown woman (specifically the one with Nio). Didn't really get the alchemy system until I looked up a tutorial, but it is a relatively old game by now and Ryza spoiled me, so I can't fault it too much.

Spoilers for Ayesha I guess, in case anyone hasn't played it: I appreciate the effort that went into the branches of this game, however limited they are. I didn't bother with Keith on my first run, so doing his questline before rescuing Nio in the second run was a pleasant surprise.

Right now I think my tier list is Ryza > Ayesha > Arland > Mysterious. Time for eschatology! :toot: