Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/1356528209723015168?s=19

did not see this coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
If those include all the DLC they might be worth picking up considering the season pass prices.

Would also love it if Firis gets the needed polish. I love what that game was going for but it has issues.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I知 looking forward to them, especially if they get a coat of polish and include the dlc. I was always a little disappointed the first two mysterious games weren稚 on switch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mysticblade posted:

New patch is out for Ryza 2. Best patch notes I found were on some 3rd party site, Steam's were a little light on detail.

Who on earth is doing the PC port for this game? First the weird stutters if you don't have a DS4 plugged in and now a 8GB patch for what, a 20GB game? It's a good thing Ryza 2 is actually good but geez.

Patches being insane are almost always a case of how steam patches. Ive seen PC exclusive games that would get gigabyte patches for small fixes.

Also my experience with Ryza 2 so far is that its a million times more stable than Ryza 1, I haven't had any stutter issues, and more importantly no CTDs that I would get constantly with Ryza

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope there's like an upgrade edition or something, but I'm guessing not.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

a lot of the issues for me from what i've seen of sophie and firis gameplay (like the alchemy systems and percentage bloat poo poo) are unlikely to be fixed anyway

new outfit

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I still haven't bought the Dusk games. Good for the non-poors though. I still can't decide between using the switch or pc.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

if there's a big discount on it if you have most of the games already i'd almost be tempted, but i'm still waiting on a sale to pick up the dusk trilogy and the first ryza on steam, and it's possible that at least ryza if not the others will be discounted in the usual February sale

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I'm glad they added Legendary difficulty to Ryza 2 because I was almost able to advance through the story. Back to the cauldron.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's currently in the middle of the night in Japan, but Famitsu magazine says they're going to have details on the 4th for added content. This is just getting out ahead of the leaks that are likely coming soon.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/minako_meleph/status/1356676672163115009?s=19

i can't believe gust is really trying to make me drop money buying L&S again

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Captain Cappy posted:

I'm glad they added Legendary difficulty to Ryza 2 because I was almost able to advance through the story. Back to the cauldron.

Wait, I thought the extra difficulties required beating the story. Teach me your ways, Hard is way the gently caress too easy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

trying to play ryza again and the alchemy mechanics confound me a little

i mean i get the general thrust but, like, what the hell is the difference between "Synth Quality" and "Quality" on the wheels? the ingame encyclopedia doesn't really clear it up

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

trying to play ryza again and the alchemy mechanics confound me a little

i mean i get the general thrust but, like, what the hell is the difference between "Synth Quality" and "Quality" on the wheels? the ingame encyclopedia doesn't really clear it up

Quality increases the quality of this synth. "Synth quality" increases the quality of any items you use that item as an ingredient of.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Dear Atelier-Gods.

Can we please see a re-release of Iris trilogy and Mana Duology? Then our USA collections can all be played on modern hardware.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/40140

All 3:
Photo Mode
Fast Battles
Digital Art Book

Sophie gets a new costume and a new story about becoming as great as her grandmother.

Firis gets new vehicles? It says Bulldozer and Submarine but that just seems wrong. Some bosses strengthened.

Lydie & Suelle gets a new mystic painting linking them to Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/atelier-mysterious-trilogy-deluxe-pack-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 3, 2021

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Welp. Sounds like I知 picking up the trilogy.

They got me to pay for L&S again, but I知 one of the people who liked Nelke, so I値l just think of it as the cost for the dlc.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That's more new stuff than most plus versions got. I guess they're rereleases on the same platforms so they needed to put stuff in to entice buyers.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
can I at least use my save file for L&S

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I figured out on my own how to get the higher difficulties on Ryza 2 early and I gotta say the combat system is a LOT more fun when enemies can actually put up a fight. Even as someone who doesn't tend to go infinite alchemy loop early if at all, Very Hard is still very much doable as a first run difficulty and it baffles me that it isn't available as such. I honestly feel like you could slide the entire difficulty scale down one step and it'd be perfectly fine.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I am enjoying Meruru quite a lot, it's the best of the Arland games so far in terms of gameplay loop IMO. Not setting any deadlines and instead just giving a vague-ish checklist of "hey work towards these" while also adding a kingdom building component on top of it all makes it all feed into itself pretty naturally. I have hit a sudden difficulty spike at the start of year 3 which I have to imagine is a call to synth a new tier of equipment.

That said, it's probably the most uncomfortable I've been with some of the character beats. Astrid is obviously a toxic blackhole that brings everything down but even characters like Esty I feel are getting reduced down to their most boring jokes (haha she's upset about not being married) and it's happening enough that I feel it's holding back what otherwise has been my favorite Atelier so far.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Meruru is much more of a comedy than Rorona or Totori and they express that by focusing on characters' most comedic traits with yeah mixed success. It works for Astrid imo but Esty definitely gets the shirt end of the stick

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've put over 40 hours into Ryza 2 now and I've been mostly enjoying it but a theoretical Ryza 3 is gonna have to shake up more that just 'making items work slightly differently'. It's not a good sign when I actively avoid having to craft stuff as much as possible. Or auto everything anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finished Ryza 2, it sure was more Ryza. Ending was somehow rushed and way too long at the same time? Didn't help that the final boss was laughable, at least in Ryza 1 it killed me once.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
ryza 2 was going pretty "alright, but extremely easy" to trash game the moment I found out first hand that there is a storage limit at your atelier.

why the gently caress

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Gamerofthegame posted:

ryza 2 was going pretty "alright, but extremely easy" to trash game the moment I found out first hand that there is a storage limit at your atelier.

why the gently caress

Melt your useless mats into crystals and keep the good ones.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The entire game is designed around you constantly melting your inventory down. Like, the whole shop development mechanic is another way of destroying your items in bulk. They overload you with trash that they don't want you to hold onto.

It's bad, imo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j22ip4MWyHE

Firis has a bulldozer

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All Atelier games have a storage limit because I've hit it on every one. At least Ryza gives you something to do with you trash other than bin it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was able to skip an hour of farming money (...still had to farm for 3, but not 4!) in Totori for the wealth ending by selling every item I had

Realistically, I think there's just container limits because every item you have makes the save file slightly larger in games where items with the same name aren't identical (which is most of the modern series)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Realistically, I think there's just container limits because every item you have makes the save file slightly larger in games where items with the same name aren't identical (which is most of the modern series)
Even in games with no item identity and a simple "item ID and count" inventory system, I bet you can count on someone somewhere hoarding 2,147,483,647 copies of a single item and then going online to complain about it when they can't pick up any more.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Dehry posted:

Firis has a bulldozer

A flying bulldozer. Which, honestly? One hundred percent in character.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

*over the sound of rainforests collapsing* firis is cute today, too!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

これまでのDLCを多数収録
So it's only some of the existing DLC, not all of it :ohdear:

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

What痴 the full list of dlc available? I hope we値l get the content/character dlc and what gets cut is some of the cosmetic dlc

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is 40 way too low of a level to attempt the giant evil tree quest in Meruru? Got pretty burnt out just getting past the griffon and the thing all but oneshot my team (really more like it got 5 actions in a row but functionally the same thing).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Your level is almost irrelevant. Your items make up almost all of your power.

You probably don't have access to all of these yet but the most busted items in Meruru iirc are (spoiled in case you enjoying optimizing blind)

• Pinwheels--knockback on items is insanely powerful, and they have the right recipe to directly insert a pendelook, and those have a great trait for debuffing bosses
  • Speed belts--speed is king and these give the most
  • Pocket Watch--this auto-rezzes the unit at the start of their next turn, so you just have to avoid having everyone go down in a single round.
  • Some sort of AoE heal, ideally with resurrection, MP restoration, and/or LP restoration via traits. Elixirs are the best but are a lategame recipe you might not have yet. Heal bells work pretty well before you get the Elixir recipe.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah most of those I either don't have the recipes for or are way too low of a level to attempt. At least short term I'm less worried about it because I just got a kingdom upgrade that put me over the hump for the year 3 requirements, it was looking for a while like I *needed* to do the Ent stuff in the next 4 or 5 in game months to get there.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ent opens up way earlier than you're expected to be able to complete it. It's only a little weaker than the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

I figured out on my own how to get the higher difficulties on Ryza 2 early and I gotta say the combat system is a LOT more fun when enemies can actually put up a fight. Even as someone who doesn't tend to go infinite alchemy loop early if at all, Very Hard is still very much doable as a first run difficulty and it baffles me that it isn't available as such. I honestly feel like you could slide the entire difficulty scale down one step and it'd be perfectly fine.

Share your secrets with me, I'd kill to be able to bump this up to Very Hard. The game's just too drat easy on Hard.