Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Huge fan of the series. Looking forward to Nelke though it will likely be bad. Of the modern games I loved the Dusk series the most, really dislike the Mysterious series and only like the Arland series. Mana Khamia and Iris 2 are likely my favorites of the non-core series. Not really looking forward to more Arland though, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
My Switch Ryza just came in. Time to play it in handheld mode and see how rough it's going to be.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Regina best character in Ayesha.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Dusk 4 or bust, I'd really like to see more of the world. Sophie 2 just feels so wierd to do? Among Atelier fans I know that trilogy was favored the least.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm not sure that's true?
... It is true though? I wasn't saying it was blanket statement. Just among the people I know, the Mysterious trilogy was not as well liked. It surprises me that it is. I didn't like them.

That's an awfully small amount of players. Compared to the entire internet.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I can appreciate what Mysterious was trying to do. L&S was a mostly fun romp. But it's the weakest trilogy of the "modern" Atelier games.

But I have bad tastes, I enjoyed the Iris series and prefer Dusk the most, mostly due to the world feeling real and fantastical at the same time.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Anyone else pre-order from Amazon and get an updated delivery date just now for April 23rd? My wife found some copies already being sold at mom n pop shops.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Unlucky7 posted:

Been hearing good things about Ryza 3, which makes me wish I had got one of those games during the steam sale :sigh:

Ryza ports still have occasional issues with working correctly. I couldn't play Ryza on PC because my headset was plugged in via USB. I am not joking.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Finally got my copy for Switch. What's folks thoughts so far?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
This game looks horrendous in Switch Handheld mode. The opening feels kinda rough? Like there's two different writers trying to control the flow of the story.
New outfits are cute though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Sakurazuka posted:

They've never bothered fixing translation issues in any patch or re-release as far as I'm aware.

They fixed some super wierd ones with Ayesha DX but ended up break some audio on attacks.