Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mustafa Ali and Randy Orton collide with Elimination Chamber Match in sight
Mustafa Ali has quickly become Smackdown LIVE’s newest sensation, but will face perhaps his toughest challenge yet when he squares off against Randy Orton tonight on Smackdown. With both Ali and Orton slotted for the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match on Feb. 17, each Superstar will look to take the other down a peg in hopes of putting themselves in prime position to leave with the WWEed Title in roughly two weeks’ time. Can Ali pick up another major victory or will The Viper strike him down prior to the monumental championship showdown?

Can Nakamura & Rusev coexist against The Good Brothers?
After weeks of intense rivalry, Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev found themselves on the same page last week after both fell short in United States Championship Matches against R-Truth … and The Good Brothers weren’t good with it. Nakamura & Rusev laid R-Truth out with a brutal assault after being incredibly frustrated that they both suffered roll-up losses to Truth with the United States Title on the line. After the fact, both The King of Strong Style & The Bulgarian Brute were confronted by Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows, who were not happy with their treatment of Truth and challenged them to a match. Both Nakamura & Rusev agreed, but then The Super Athlete told Nakamura in no uncertain terms that he shouldn’t think about betraying him.

Jeff Hardy looks to gain pivotal Elimination Chamber momentum against “The New” Daniel Bryan
“The New” Daniel Bryan will defend his WWEed Championship inside the Elimination Chamber against five of Smackdown’s top Superstars at the titular event on Feb. 17, but one of those opponents, Jeff Hardy, will look to get a jump on building some momentum when he faces off with Bryan tonight on Smackdown. After the chaotic scene last week on Smackdown that saw Bryan debut a new eco-friendly WWEed Championship and WWE COO Triple H announce the Elimination Chamber Match (but not before Bryan disrespected all of his now-opponents in the bout), Hardy will surely be aiming to silence Bryan in this non-title singles match on the blue brand. Can The Charismatic Enigma separate from the pack as the major title match inside the dreaded structure approaches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

making fun of addiction is similar to making fun of mental illness.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Charlotte's aesthetic just works for me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WWE loving sucks!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I mean I wouldn't trust Dr. Amann either, Becky.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I liked that the show opened on a shot of a little girl in the audience holding a glittery sign reading THE MAN.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean I wouldn't trust Dr. Amann either, Becky.

Hey, what happens between him and a patient stays between him and the patient and also the group chat.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Charlotte is so obnoxious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

....I don't think Charlotte's support of Becky is genuine! :aaa:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Boy, that Roman Reigns line sure didn't land.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

THE MAN IS NOW THE FAN

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh Trips

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Boy, that Roman Reigns line sure didn't land.

That clown line completely bombed too, ahaha

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Principal HHH: Charlotte go back to class or i'll call your father.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
What?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what did i miss and why is trips here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That eyebrow waggle :lol:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
last week r-truth became a champ and i was working

now that i no longer work on tuesdays i tune in to teriple hhh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It was "doctor jail," Paul

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Charlotte reminded everybody SHE was fit and healthy and could replace Becky. Becky came out and talked poo poo.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He's here to get sucker punched by Becky Lynch.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I hope Becky puts Triple H in the disarmher.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
his logic makes sense, go to the doctor dang, dumb storyline

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Hard disagree. Doctors suck, hospitals suck, live your life until you die

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

goddamn trips has a huge nose

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Hard disagree. Doctors suck, hospitals suck, live your life until you die

doctors are sometimes good, unlike inserting triple h into an angle

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jeff Hardy desperately trying to get Weed Belt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

The counter is supposed to be that WWE doesn't want her in the Mania main event and are looking for an excuse to take her out, but they really haven't had that come across very well.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

There was a core of a good idea here but goddamn was it executed poorly

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

jobber team vs jobber team, who will win

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

The counter is supposed to be that WWE doesn't want her in the Mania main event and are looking for an excuse to take her out, but they really haven't had that come across very well.

I thought the story was supposed to be Becky doesn't wanna get put on the bench again after working hard to get where she was and Trips,Steph,etc don't wanna be liable blah blah blah.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I liked it but

Jerusalem posted:

Becky got like one line in about not trusting them and then Trips talked for 17 minutes straight, so yeah, they're not doing a great job actually telling the story. But luckily they've done that story so many times that they don't really have to, everyone knows what they mean.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ronda should have cut that promo, word for word

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I am almost 100% certain that Austim/McMahon did some kind of angle where Austin was avoiding doctors or commissioners or some other technicality that would have stopped him from having a major match. Was it Bret at Mania 13?

Either way I thought that was pretty great. I DON'T LIKE WHAT TRI SAID! :argh:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Is Becky for real injured? Knowing that might help me wrap my head around what is "supposed" to be happening.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

HitTheTargets posted:

Is Becky for real injured? Knowing that might help me wrap my head around what is "supposed" to be happening.

No. She is fine.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
THE UNHOLY ALLIANCE IS BACK!?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

never go to the doctor. a friend of a family member recently had their dog murdered by an animal doctor by giving the dog too much anesthesia, most likely on purpose, based on my guessing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

I am almost 100% certain that Austim/McMahon did some kind of angle where Austin was avoiding doctors or commissioners or some other technicality that would have stopped him from having a major match. Was it Bret at Mania 13?

I think it was after he became champion, so after Wrestlemania 14.

Apart from the obvious that Vince was very clearly trying to remove Austin as Champion, the other major difference being that Austin would get kicked out at the start of the show but then storm his way back in throughout the night or at the end, and Vince McMahon would take an almighty asskicking on a weekly basis to further how much he hated Austin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I liked it but

Becky got like one line in about not trusting them and then Trips talked for 17 minutes straight, so yeah, they're not doing a great job actually telling the story. But luckily they've done that story so many times that they don't really have to, everyone knows what they mean.

They gotta fight the urge to protect the McMahons in this angle, Becky should get the better of them verbally and physically. Unlike some people, Becky can hit hard in a promo, let her drop a couple of anvils on them and let her have the last word. That said, its what 11 weeks to Mania, so I suppose you don’t want to hit the high water mark too fast.