Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Have we talked about how funny the intro video is yet, for this very non-political game

It's complete loving nonsense lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Tried Skirmish. Total slideshow.

When is the endgame stuff going live?

edit: I still have 2 invites. One can be any platform. One is PS4 only.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 7, 2019

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Where is the best place to preorder on PC and get a discount?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Optimization is one the last things game studios work on, I'll be optimistic that the framerate issue gets improved for launch. The blops 4 beta on ps4 had shaky framerate at times and it was fixed for launch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
IS it me or is the sniper Turret bunko garbage. It slowly tracks and then mostly just kinda doesn't shoot. If a person is moving, it tracks them slowly. Useless?

[edit]. kinda still stand by my statement. but I see you have to target them, have it locate them and then press the command again...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 7, 2019

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Feenix posted:

IS it me or is the sniper Turret bunko garbage. It slowly tracks and then mostly just kinda doesn't shoot. If a person is moving, it tracks them slowly. Useless?

It seems to hit like a tank, but I had a really hard time getting it to actually take anything down. Overall it needs a lot of work

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Javes posted:

Optimization is one the last things game studios work on, I'll be optimistic that the framerate issue gets improved for launch. The blops 4 beta on ps4 had shaky framerate at times and it was fixed for launch.
Yeah, I feel like it will be better.

Late LOD loading on textures, some frame rate issues and some minor but noticeable tearing here on PS4 Pro.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 7, 2019

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, if the Year 1 stuff is all free then why isn't it included in the standard edition?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Deakul posted:

So, if the Year 1 stuff is all free then why isn't it included in the standard edition?

It is, the year one pass included in the other editions just gets you early access to that stuff

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Deakul posted:

For which game? For Division 1 the DLC was never made free (except for trial weekends etc.)

For Div 2 the DLC is free. The season pass is for 7 day early access to the free DLCs, exclusive vanity items, and "additional activities" they haven't talked about yet. The activities will probably be stuff like the bimonthly season pass supply drops from Division 1's season pass

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's kinda bonkers that they're clearly trying to trick people with that "year one pass" stuff lol

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone know if PS4 codes will work for PC?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

an actual dog posted:

It's kinda bonkers that they're clearly trying to trick people with that "year one pass" stuff lol
Did anyone think Ubisoft was actually going to let them release expansions for free without a catch?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

Anyone know if PS4 codes will work for PC?

If the key is for redemption on the PSN store, no.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else getting a meh from the beta? Its very samey, and yes I know its a beta the good stuff will come.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
drat, 2 is so much better than 1 so far. the shooting and controls are great, the difficulty is fair and no one is a bullet sponge outside some of the bosses. the combat encounters feel more dynamic and the baddies feel smart.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Have we talked about how funny the intro video is yet, for this very non-political game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZZkQAGqLVo

They love that poo poo.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Flaggy posted:

Anyone else getting a meh from the beta? Its very samey, and yes I know its a beta the good stuff will come.

I get it. It’s very Division. That’s for sure. I absolutely love the formula so for me, it’s a slam dunk.

What’s meh about it to you, just curious of your take?

Also, tomorrow is the endgame portion that gets released for beta. May want to stick out another day and see if that grabs you as it’s where youll be for the majority of your playtime if you do decide this is a game for you.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So I've done all the single player content, went into the DZ, and did some skirmish.

Thoughts: 10/10 GOTY.

The environments are great. I really feel like I'm going through this wasteland of DC scrounging for mats and gear. It feels good to have that sense of exploration again.

The side missions are fun! They aren't just 'sit near this box for 3 minutes killing dudes.' It feels like you're actually doing something.

Enemies are the right difficulty. The heavies and other elites have weak spots that you gotta go for. I dig it. If you want to just fight them as bullet sponges you can if you want.

I did an audible 'WHAT THE gently caress.' When that elite medic bounty person revived enemies.

I like the new healing. No more insta-heals. It reallllllllly makes you way more cautious when fighting. The other skills are good too. I used the turret for the most part and I felt like it was actually useful.

I'm curious about how the meta game evolves given the re-worked talents, weapons, mods, gear, etc. I do like the idea of the gear brands. It lets you play with gear sets pre-endgame.

There's a good variety of stuff to do in the zones. I literally played from 4am-1:30 or just doing missions and exploring. PS: Don't forget to go underground. There's some good poo poo there.

I did some skirmish, and it's so much better this time around. I didn't see any chicken dancing. People were actually fighting. It felt way more like a standard shooter deathmatch. I didn't have any deaths where I felt it was unfair. Every time, the guy just got the drop on me because he knew the map better or because I did something dumb.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What game is that?

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

So am I using the sniper turret wrong? You throw it, have to mark targets, and it seems to take forever to actually shoot. Really disappointing that it doesn't automatically target, or I'm just missing how to do it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

parabolic posted:

So am I using the sniper turret wrong? You throw it, have to mark targets, and it seems to take forever to actually shoot. Really disappointing that it doesn't automatically target, or I'm just missing how to do it.

Gotta press the target command again to fire.

Anyone else no longer have the friend invite section on their beta page for UPlay?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Pre-loaded the game last night, launched it for the 1st time a little while ago, only had to restart it once. Got through character creating, RNG gave me some white trash hick looking dude with the huge sideburns and no shirt (or maybe a sleeveless Tshirt). Watched intro thing, started through the swamp shantytown, offed 2 dudes, looted a box, booted out with a DELTA-3 error :woop: .

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I get it. It’s very Division. That’s for sure. I absolutely love the formula so for me, it’s a slam dunk.

What’s meh about it to you, just curious of your take?

Also, tomorrow is the endgame portion that gets released for beta. May want to stick out another day and see if that grabs you as it’s where youll be for the majority of your playtime if you do decide this is a game for you.

I think thats what I am waiting for too, the endgame/zone content, which is what I love in the first game. The run to place, shoot waves, move on is samey for me, which I get it was the entire first game to get leveled. I think like you said once the other stuff hits Ill be good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MREBoy posted:

Pre-loaded the game last night, launched it for the 1st time a little while ago, only had to restart it once. Got through character creating, RNG gave me some white trash hick looking dude with the huge sideburns and no shirt (or maybe a sleeveless Tshirt). Watched intro thing, started through the swamp shantytown, offed 2 dudes, looted a box, booted out with a DELTA-3 error :woop: .

I'm glad they still have division agents who look like brokedick everyday people. They've certainly improved the looks with some lovely beard options but they're by and large average-looking schmoes.

My guy looks like Joel from TLOU except not as gray.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Feenix posted:

Gotta press the target command again to fire.

Anyone else no longer have the friend invite section on their beta page for UPlay?

Yeah it’s down for everybody. Coming up later today!

Flaggy posted:

I think thats what I am waiting for too, the endgame/zone content, which is what I love in the first game. The run to place, shoot waves, move on is samey for me, which I get it was the entire first game to get leveled. I think like you said once the other stuff hits Ill be good.

Yeah no doubt. Just knowing they are pushing strong for endgame has me excited for tomorrow. I got high hopes. Early testers feel strong about it too.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
I played around for an hour last night (up to the return to the Theatre. Seems like a shiny, more refined version of Div1

Biggest thing for me was how inventory management is loads better (right click functionality, options to deconstruct/tag as junk on pick up) so it went from a day 1 buy to a day 1 buy (for me (I was already gonna get it day 1 though))

Pedialyte
Jul 27, 2003

"With the breakdown of the Medieval system, the gods of Chaos, Lunacy, and Bad Taste gained ascendancy." Ignatius was writing in one of his Big Chief tablets.
Anyone playing on an HDR screen with PS4 Pro? Everything looks washed out to me - similar to the issue with Red Dead 2 it seems.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Cover seems kind of clunky to me, but I didn't play much of the Division 1. Is there any way to slide into cover and is there an easy way to break out of cover other than double tapping space? It just feels like I sometime have trouble getting in and out of cover smoothly.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Frustrated posted:

Cover seems kind of clunky to me, but I didn't play much of the Division 1. Is there any way to slide into cover and is there an easy way to break out of cover other than double tapping space? It just feels like I sometime have trouble getting in and out of cover smoothly.

You can point at a different piece of cover and hold space, which will make you begin running to that bit of cover. Stop holding space and you'll stop running

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Anyone manage to put together any interesting builds with the beta inventory content yet? The alpha only had very specific rolls of specific items so you couldn't really do any builds.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Adolf Glitter posted:

Where on the map do I switch off the requests? I can't see the option, and it's sending me mad
Toggle over to SHD, then "Disable On Call".

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok so I've gotten into a good rhythm with the Sniper Turret, I think.

The bombing run Drone, however, feels like a bitch to aim and deploy. Standing around getting shot while I click furiously over and over trying to get it to target and fly off.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

Anyone manage to put together any interesting builds with the beta inventory content yet? The alpha only had very specific rolls of specific items so you couldn't really do any builds.

Not really. I just put on stuff with bigger numbers until I got to level 7. Then I would look for gear with crit bonuses and gear brands that worked with that as well. I unlocked all the mods from the quarter master and made all the blueprints. For weapon mods I just went for damage. There's an extended mag that does +30 bullets. Used an AR as my primary and shotgun/SMG for secondary.

I don't really like the rifles. I'd rather just take an MMR for killing at a distance. Maybe later once we see more talents they'll be something in there worthwhile.

edit: Has anyone found any cosmetics? I found one shirt and that's it. I can't remember if it was a reward or if I got it from looting.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 7, 2019

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
2nd try:

Got through to the White House, picked up 2nd weapon slot, Seeker Mine & Turret skills. Got mission to go to a settlement to the east which then sent me to some theater to rescue Settlement lady's kid. Doing ok, upgrading equipment as I find it, found a scavenge spot on the way that gave me +Food points. Get to theater, making my way through, find yellow boss, DELTA-3 part way through the fight :woop:

Observations: Civvie groups are the new JTF in that they wander around & get into fights with enemies, but with the added bonus of them apparently being able to go on scavenge missions. Liking this a lot so far, looks great & runs smooth on my setup (8700k, SSD, 32gb ram, 1080 card). I think I will probably wind up buying this.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Mostly enjoying it so far, but they need to do something about the loving grenades. Every grenadier has a better arm than a MLB outfielder and they never miss. They can throw at least twice as far as your character can.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

What is the/is there a level cap in the beta? Or do you start closer to the end? Can’t play until this evening.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kibayasu posted:

What is the/is there a level cap in the beta? Or do you start closer to the end? Can’t play until this evening.
Right now it's 7. Hopefully they open up some areas and let you level some more, right now there's only a couple hours of content to blow through.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Right now it's 7. Hopefully they open up some areas and let you level some more, right now there's only a couple hours of content to blow through.

I don't think they are since tomorrow we get our Level 30 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Flaggy posted:

Yes, I worked more today on my D1 commendation score than played the beta. It looks nice, though. After the demo locked up, I went back to D1.