Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

I'll buy this and love it but they better have playable Trish and Lady as well or I'm gonna riot. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Bust Rodd posted:

We had no indication this was coming, did we?

I'm honestly kind of surprised that we didn't get any post-launch DLC before the announcement of SE. I kind of figured we were going to get a Lady/Trish pack at the very least since it looked like they had the character files buried in the game data.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

HE CAN TRANSFORM INTO V! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I wonder if part of the SE might be some form of reworking V's gameplay.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/devil-may-cry-5-special-edition-slices-its-way-onto-playstation-5/

Quick summary:

Better visuals
Turbo Mode
LDK Mode
Option to play up to 120FPS
Vergil included, also coming as paid DLC to PS4 version

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

imagine choosing to play DMC at 30fps
couldn't be me

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Augus posted:

imagine choosing to play DMC at 30fps
couldn't be me

I will let you know that I played through DmC.

ImpAtom posted:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/devil-may-cry-5-special-edition-slices-its-way-onto-playstation-5/

Quick summary:

Better visuals
Turbo Mode
LDK Mode
Option to play up to 120FPS
Vergil included, also coming as paid DLC to PS4 version

Huh, 40 bucks. Does this make it the first PSV game with a confirmed price? :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

This is the image of the man having a time of his life and you will not convince me otherwise.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if Vergil is going to have his own stages or do the DMCIII/IV thing and just run through everyone's stages.

I admit that getting to use him to wreck V's stages would be fun.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Remembering I’d have to play through the V levels is the thing that stops me picking this up again, so, best of both worlds!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kikas posted:

I will let you know that I played through DmC.

Huh, 40 bucks. Does this make it the first PSV game with a confirmed price? :v:

No we've known new CoD is going to be $70 for a while lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

legendary dark knight being ONLY on next gen PS5 and not coming to PS4 is cruel as gently caress. goddamn guess I'm getting PS5

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Honestly, I thought the special edition of 5 would take longer to come out since 4's took 7 years. I was kind of hoping Capcom would just do DLC for DMC5. I understand that for consoles there are technical limitations and the SE makes sense from that perspective. However, I'd really like to have a patch or DLC on the PC (mostly so there isn't a need to do things a 2nd time).

Also, I hope that Vergil hasn't kept his concentration mechanic.

Brutakas fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 16, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brutakas posted:

Honestly, I thought the special edition of 5 would take longer to come out since 4's took 7 years. I was kind of hoping Capcom would just do DLC for DMC5. I understand that for consoles there are technical limitations and the SE makes sense from that perspective. However, I'd really like to have a patch or DLC on the PC (mostly so there isn't a need to do things a 2nd time).

Also, I hope that Vergil hasn't kept his concentration mechanic.

Vergil's concentration mechanic is confirmed as well as 'new tricks' presumably involving V

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Why would you not want the concentration mechanic, it owned super hard

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Brutakas posted:

Good news! It's being released "at a later date" as DLC for the PC and PS4.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Namnesor posted:

Good news! It's being released "at a later date" as DLC for the PC and PS4.

Playable Vergil is. Nothing on Turbo mode and LDK difficulty and all the other improvements.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kikas posted:

Playable Vergil is. Nothing on Turbo mode and LDK difficulty and all the other improvements.

I would assume that Turbo and LDK are coming to PC too, just not PS4.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

It's weird that they haven't said anything about Special Edition stuff besides Vergil coming to PC.

Legendary Dark Knight was originally in the PC version of 4, long before 4SE. Strange if it wouldn't be on PC for 5.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Vergil's concentration mechanic is confirmed as well as 'new tricks' presumably involving V

Ah well. Honestly, they made such immense improvements to Nero and Dante's mechanics that I can remain optimistic.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

V

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It was a PS5 event so we have to wait for more details.

I really haven't gone too hard on 5 since I beat the first two difficulties and did all the secret missions and stuff because I didn't want to burn myself out. Just wondering if Vegril will get more weapons, new stages?, the DLC upgrade needs to be cleared up cuz yes I'd rather not have to do everything again like I did for DMC 3 and 4 like 70 billion times.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The official DMC YouTube channel’s version of the trailer confirms it’ll be available digitally at launch for PS5 and XSX, with physical copies and Vergil DLC for current-gen and PC coming at a later date. https://youtu.be/GL4tQAN-bCY

I do really, really hope that the PC DLC will include the Special Edition features that aren’t coming to PS4 and XBO. Don’t hurt me Capcom.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Why would you not want the concentration mechanic, it owned super hard

I feel like it didn't add anything. It was something that you only paid attention to when it wasn't full. It was usually full all the time until it wasn't and then suddenly your attacks have less range/are slower/etc.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Here’s the dlc we were all asking for. It’s $60

(I’m gonna buy this DMC5 was so good)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So much for Ladies Night :sigh:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have the biggest stiffy right now.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I noticed something with the V transformation: he's doing a swingy animation in the air which I'm sure isn't in vanilla DMCV. I feel like it's not a real transformation but rather a super attack like SDT Dante's Judgement.

So here I'm holding out hope that Vergil is getting new weapons, at the very least some gauntlets because his Beowulf moveset is, as far I'm concerned, nearly as iconic as his Yamato moves.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They had recently uncovered a V move that looks just like that in the PC game files. Without the effects of course.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Boo I wanted a vanfu DLC with Nico.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Woof.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

To me, this is a great strategy: Re-release a game well after everyone has already forgotten about it because you said you wouldn't be doing anything else, for almost the price of the original, with none of the new features on the platform that would best be able to take advantage of those. That's the unbeatable Capcom strategy we all know and love.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Gonna finally mod DMC5 PC I guess

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wait, DMC5 SE is still gonna be a separate release on PC right?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

bro,

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Here’s the dlc we were all asking for. It’s $60

(I’m gonna buy this DMC5 was so good)

DMC5SE is $40, and they’ll be releasing Vergil as separate DLC for the current version. No word on price for that yet.

RBX posted:

Wait, DMC5 SE is still gonna be a separate release on PC right?

Nope. Sucks rear end. The PC is responsible for Legendary Dark Knight mode, and it’s gonna be the only one left out of it in 5. Bullshit.

The Xbox Series X version also won’t have ray tracing available at launch: https://www.devilmaycry.com/5se/us/

"Ray tracing features will be available upon release for the PlayStation®5 version, and will be added to the Xbox Series X version in a downloadable patch post release."

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 17, 2020

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I got real hype there for a minute, but man it better all come to PC and Vergil better have more than the moveset that was already in neither is gonna happen right :argh:. Cause as is:

Better visuals/ray tracing - drops to 30fps to turn on so who cares
High framerates - in PC version already (I think?)
Fast load times - in PC version
Better controller vibration feedback - shrug
Turbo mode - moddable in PC already
Vergil - mod for PC looks awesome already, lol who cares about turning in to V, so there better be more than canon balance and Concentration
Maybe a co-op mode added? - moddable in PC
LDK mode - yay awesommee but maybe get hosed PC folks

So the SE is kinda just looking to me like a console bundle of some PC mods with official Vergil tweaks and the spawn counter cranked up. Which is a shame cause the game is so effin good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

teh_Broseph posted:

I got real hype there for a minute, but man it better all come to PC and Vergil better have more than the moveset that was already in neither is gonna happen right :argh:. Cause as is:

Better visuals/ray tracing - drops to 30fps to turn on so who cares
High framerates - in PC version already (I think?)
Fast load times - in PC version
Better controller vibration feedback - shrug
Turbo mode - moddable in PC already
Vergil - mod for PC looks awesome already, lol who cares about turning in to V, so there better be more than canon balance and Concentration
Maybe a co-op mode added? - moddable in PC
LDK mode - yay awesommee but maybe get hosed PC folks

So the SE is kinda just looking to me like a console bundle of some PC mods with official Vergil tweaks and the spawn counter cranked up. Which is a shame cause the game is so effin good.

A lot of people dont play DMC games on PC and this is good for us.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I'll buy this and love it but they better have playable Trish and Lady as well or I'm gonna riot. :colbert:

:same:

I'd go farther and say I'd rather have Lady and Trish playable instead of Vergil again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Attempting the most charitable read, "won't be getting the SE version..." could imply that the base version on PC will be updated.

Otherwise, no LDK or turbo mode on PC really sucks.