Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DMC5Info/status/1097926136871436289?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Isn't that the one where you can't lock-on? This looks wild. :syoon:

e: Here's the move that replaced Split's input. Gotta say that I am very into Nero having his own version of Killer Bee

https://twitter.com/DMC5Info/status/1095048316306509825

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 21, 2019

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ManlyGrunting posted:

Isn't that the one where you can't lock-on? This looks wild. :syoon:

e: Here's the move that replaced Split's input. Gotta say that I am very into Nero having his own version of Killer Bee

https://twitter.com/DMC5Info/status/1095048316306509825

The ability to close gams with it will do wonders for combo flow, but I'll still do the input and expect Split for like 20 hours :v:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gerbera's air mobility is so goddamn good it's gonna be tough to not have at least one in my stock at all times. Interesting thing about the air-move with that breaker: I was able tp randomly parry the demo boss' attack with a well-timed one; did not think that would work.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5KTVA_2ys

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm already blind to everything DMC5 until release. I feel like the story is going to be everywhere in a week and I'm kinda invested in it this time. It has been 10 years. I also wanna be surprised by any bosses.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yeah I'm deleting my youtube history a few days before this game comes out

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I've already seen plenty of thumbnails so I might do the same.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm a DMC neophyte (the first game came out when I was like, 5. Time flies!) having only played 4/4SE so maybe I'm missing the intricacies here, but V looks... Not very fun? He summons a dude to do his melee attacks, and one to do his ranged attacks, with himself doing some of each, but that just seems like a less interesting version of Nero?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Cuntellectual posted:

I'm a DMC neophyte (the first game came out when I was like, 5. Time flies!) having only played 4/4SE so maybe I'm missing the intricacies here, but V looks... Not very fun? He summons a dude to do his melee attacks, and one to do his ranged attacks, with himself doing some of each, but that just seems like a less interesting version of Nero?

You control the familiars directly, though you can consume devil trigger gauge to put them on autopilot. And they can't do killing blows, only V himself can do that. V looks fun as poo poo and I am just itching to play as him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

From what we've been shown/told, V's familiars are directly controlled by him. Rather than AI summons they're more like extremely long range attacks.

He seems to be a lot about positioning because he isn't as directly mobile and is rewarded for putting himself at risk to read his book near enemies

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the most interesting part of v that i've heard is that griffon actually has a full moveset too, so instead of having only one button (melee) that has a "full" moveset you're dealing with two buttons that do at the same time

visually still seems really boring but playing 2 dmc1 dantes simultaneously sounds kinda neat maybe

i say that as im gonna shove nero and v into a closet the instant i loving can to just play dante

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm ready to play as Dante

Dan dan dante

Gimme Dante

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Dante the hobo, who pawns devil arms for pizza and rent money.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
After just bumbling my way through DMD in 4 (I did it before years ago but I have no recollection of Dante's missions being as frustrating as I found them to be this time), I am dreading Dante in 5. As cool as being able to swap styles on the fly and even mid-combo is, I p much see myself just running 2 of each type of weapon at a time and sticking to Trickster and SM and still being terrible at it. Nero, however, looks and felt fun as gently caress although I'm still not sold on trashing hands in order to swap to another. V looks interesting but weird, I can only wait to tool around with him before I can say whether he's my type or not.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

golden bubble posted:

Who the gently caress is he selling demon lord artifacts to for less than millions

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He's up to his eyeballs in debt to Lady and probably every pizza place and ice cream parlor in the city and gets roaring drunk on a regular basis on top of being a small business owner. You think he can support all that on $100 a month.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pomp posted:

Who the gently caress is he selling demon lord artifacts to for less than millions

He has a lot of them, and the pizza guy knows hes gotta sell now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I still can't get over Nero going from bishounen hottie to frat boy.

golden bubble posted:

it's a travesty that he sold Nevan.

Who doesn't want a guitar that's also a succubus that shoots lightning???

Pomp posted:

Dante really messed up signing a lump deal for the DMC franchise, instead of getting royalties. smdh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This heartburn is getting CRAZY

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well the would lose value the more he sells them, this is his fifth adventure we're seeing, so there's a few of them laying around. Or whoever buys them seriously underpays Dante.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Trish probably sells them and gives Dante a tiny cut as usual

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dante just spends all his money on coats, this has been established.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He’s 100% selling them to the shopkeeper from Bayonetta, but that dude is a demon so I bet he’s trading them to Dante for like, an iPod Nano

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Little V did a Divine Hate cover
https://youtu.be/FG4m2XsFWAo

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

I do think V looks pretty boring, but I think it's mostly a problem of properly conveying his kinda play style in trailers and such. If you see Dante or Nero do a cool thing you immediately get the sense of "hey I wanna try that, too, that looks neat", meanwhile for V it looks like he himself does fairly little because his moveset is spread across three characters, but for all I know actually controlling three characters at the same time is the most intense and engaging it's gonna get when you play it yourself. V has a surprising lack of spectacle for a spectacle fighter, so I'll just withhold judgement until I actually get to try him.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Also you can't really judge these games until you see a good player use them. Always keep that in mind with any game in a video: a bad person playing can make any game look bad and boring.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

If you play V right it's gonna look like a tattoo wizard teleporting around executing enemies with his cane while evil looking beasts soften up the next one. V will own, I feel it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All the gaming sites who had access to that 10-hour preview seemed to really like V's moveset, for whatever that's worth.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm glad that they decided to make the third character be completely different from Nero and Dante and I can't wait to play Chaos Legion-but-good.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 23, 2019

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

All the gaming sites who had access to that 10-hour preview seemed to really like V's moveset, for whatever that's worth.

this is the most damning thing said about V so far

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Video of Nero's Devil Breakers and the Break Ages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAFCPnnHD2g

Ragtime's Break Age lasts for a long rear end time, drat.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 23, 2019

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

this is the most damning thing said about V so far

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm cautiously optimistic about him but I wouldn't be surprised if he's designed from the ground up to appeal to the kind of person who has no interest in sword-trick-sword-roy-trick-gun finger puzzles to look cool, or people who really loved dragon dogmas adaptation of fantasy magic into an action game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I would be very into a DMC version of a Dragon's Dogma caster and if you wouldn't you are probably a bad person.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

I would be very into a DMC version of a Dragon's Dogma caster and if you wouldn't you are probably a bad person.

I mean yeah same

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What do casters do in dragons dogma? I put 4 hours into it on PS+ and can’t say for sure that I even completed the tutorial

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

What do casters do in dragons dogma? I put 4 hours into it on PS+ and can’t say for sure that I even completed the tutorial

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Dias posted:

Dante just spends all his money on coats, this has been established.

That's such a Dante thing too. No lights or water but the clothes gotta look nice.

Dias posted:

Give Itsuno DD2 godamnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SirKibbles posted:

Give Itsuno DD2 godamnit

He's getting it.