Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

that loving thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh

That just seemed to like jump me in that direction lol

Also jumps have iframes in them, so jumping up is exactly the same as rolling but vertical (assuming DMC5 still works the same way).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Personally, I think I wanted DMC5 about as much as Dragon's Dogma 2 so I'm just glad that we got one of them.
Hopefully they'll make DD2 afterwards.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ugh! Is there any way to stop YouTube from spoiling DMC5 for me other than not loving using it at all for the next month? It's starting to piss me off.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It really seems like they want you to improvise with Nero instead of sticking to your favorite Devil Breaker.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The writer for this game was saying on Twitter not to long ago that DMC5 is his best work yet and that he can't wait for people to see the full story.

Me neither.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm hoping the script includes lots of "and then Dante shoots the demon in the head"

Also "Dante gets penetrated by a large, hard phallic sword and powers up."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

V is like, the opposite of angry.
He's more of a lethargic goth kid that spends every morning in front of a mirror practicing cool quips so he can look cool in case he gets an opportunity to use them.

Also I love him.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Has anything been said about Lady, Trish etc. being playable unlocks in this game or is that pretty much just expected?

I'm pretty sure they confirmed that there are only 3 playable characters.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dias posted:

They already designed three characters that I assume will be able to play all chapters. Adding two more would be kinda insane, not using that as a selling point would be even more insanerer?

I think that the levels where characters' paths intersect properly are more of an exception than the rule.
From my understanding the game mostly has characters running unique levels in the same setting that run parallel to each other, so you can see the other character but not directly interact with them.
I don't think they're letting any character do any level besides the few where you get to directly coop with other players like in one of the latest trailers.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Little V did a Divine Hate cover
https://youtu.be/FG4m2XsFWAo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm glad that they decided to make the third character be completely different from Nero and Dante and I can't wait to play Chaos Legion-but-good.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 23, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

What do casters do in dragons dogma? I put 4 hours into it on PS+ and can’t say for sure that I even completed the tutorial

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The last third of DD's story is actually loving awesome and does things I've never quite seen before.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If I can get DMC5 and DD2 back to back then I can die a happy man.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m loving the 3 pages of “Dragon’s Dogma has all these AMAZING, MINDBLOWING story beats and combat mechanics” but like not a single post describing what they are
This

Pomp posted:

You need to play it yourself
but also let me tell you my favorite DD story.

I will never forget one cliffside fight I had with some lizard people where I accidentally shot an explosive arrow at my feet (it explodes only when something else hits it) then noticed a lizardman doing a jump attack at me, so I rolled away, the lizardman landed straight onto the explosive arrow which exploded and ragdolled him right off the cliff.
My pawns were screaming for help but all I could do was to look down that cliff slack-jawed.

Also you can climb monsters to stab them in the eyes and if they're too small to climb they can be picked up and thrown off a cliff.
Also you can summon tornados.

Just loving play the game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

this would have owned. at least now the Dragons Dogma brain trust can have a longer think about why they somehow didn't put a moon base in the game instead of ye olde who gives a gently caress for 20 hours until things "get good"

Things are good from the start when you climb a big dragon 30 seconds into the game and stab it directly in the butthole. :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Things are good from the start when you climb a big dragon 30 seconds into the game and stab it directly in the butthole. :colbert:

EDIT: My bad, I forgot about the into bit that you have to play first where you get to throw your dumbass companions into a Chimera's lion mouth and while it's busy chewing on them you climb it's rear end and poke out all of it's 3 pairs of eyes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://youtu.be/NUjQN237u3Q?t=2083

Official V gameplay shown for the first time.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RevolverDivider posted:

Now I'm motivated.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gologle posted:

People really need to get over Vergil btw, he's not that cool to anyone who isn't an edgy teenager. Dante and Nero are way better than him.

SHCUMM

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AAAaaaaa.
The spoilers are coming from inside the thread.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Since the trailer kinda spoils it, here's something that people discovered WAY back during the first trailer:
If you slightly raise the pitch of Urizen's voice, it becomes incredibly obvious that he has plenty of motivation.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I watched the trailer.

Easy Mode is now selectable.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I played through DMC3 and 4 many time at this point but never played DMC1, is it worth playing at this point?
I'd ask the same about DMC2 but I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OH GOD! Where's Reuben?! :stonk:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Just a random thought.

So if you look at Dante in chronological order he starts by being a young party punk, then his brother goes MIA so he gets gothic and depressed and acquires a taste for booze and strawberry sundaes.
Then he randomly figures out that he's and uncle so his uncle instincts kick in and he goes back to being a churaizeh party hobo again.

Sounds about right?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There was some fuckery with DMC3s difficulty but I don't remember the details.

Didn't the western version of DMC3 have Hard mode be called the Normal mode and Normal be called Easy? Something like that?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"Quakpot!"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DMC5 Virgil looking motivated as ever.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope we get to find out who was the girl desperate enough to gently caress Agnus.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zaa Boogie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMS9txnBLW0

Oh, hey, somebody put up the full DMC retrospective that's on DMC5's main menu.

That hard hand wave at DMC2 is pretty drat funny.

lmao

DMC2? More like DMC-that-we-don't-talk-about-for-more-than-2-seconds.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There's absolutely zero chance we get Pandora back in DMC5 is there?
That gun was just too cool to return.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

Trish as a playable character with all the series' hand me down weapons would sell like gangbusters I suspect

Yes, this but Lady instead.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Y'all should stop being so petty. It's only the small publications that write glaringly uninformed pieces about DMC series.
All the big ones are doing their jobs perfectly and if you disagree then you're just dumb and angry about difference of opinion and also you should stop being mad about DmC Dante not having white hair.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

We all paid :10bux:. We're in this together.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Augus posted:

yeah he said that DMCV is loving awesome (which it is) but what’s way more important is that he forgot that Nero isn’t Dante’s brother he’s his nephew!!!! don’t you know the lore of the series!! loving gaME jOuRnAliSts!!!

"It doesn't matter when people are incompetent at their jobs if they reinforce my personal opinions."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

why did so much of that game's runtime consist of characters very slowly walking and talking like they were on a grunge-punk version of The Wire? why did it have lengthy platforming sections across vast stretches of empty space like Alice: Madness Returns?

Because fancy on-rails set pieces are easier than real gameplay.