Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
So at this point, is anything besides DmC non-canon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Annath posted:

Hey-O, so I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I have a few questions.

1. When do you get the ability to use alternate costumes? I got the edition that comes with alt outfits, and when I look online it says you're supposed to be able to select a costume just before starting a mission, even for stages where you don't get to pick a character? And how do you change outfits for the NPC characters (Nico, Lady, Trish)? I'm on Mission 5.

2. Less a question, more a small gripe. I'm having trouble with some of the moves. Mainly, it's frustrating that the move where Nero rushes along the ground towards the enemy ends by knocking said enemy away. I keep wanting to use it as a gap-closer to keep combos going, but since it just knocks the enemy away, it doesn't really work for that. Also, the move to knock enemies into the air (RB+Back+Y) is pretty hit or miss. Sometimes it'll work, other times he just turns around and does a normal slash.

1. If you're not being given the prompt to select a costume automatically at the start of each mission, you may not have installed it. For the NPC characters, it's under "Cutscene Options" in the main menu's options menu, if they're installed

2. You can always use the Grapple line to pull enemies back in after knocking them away. The directional-input moves only work if you're locked on, in which case it should be impossible for Nero to turn around because being locked-on keeps him facing toward the enemy.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
On the subject of the Snapshots you unlock after beating the game, I think getting an S-rank for a mission gets a bonus photo in addition to the boss photo. I got an S on the first mission for example, and got an extra photo of Nero and Nico with the soldiers.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Do the "super" costumes disable S ranks? If not, I imagine they probably help a lot on H&H.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Did that ever come up in this game aside from with little quip she gives to V? Seems like it should be a bigger deal.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
If, like that video says, they added Virgil's Concentration mechanic to the "playable" debug version, isn't that basically confirmation? Like, you don't build a mechanic and add it into the game like that if you're not planning to do anything with it, that's a big waste of resources for the devs.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

Im the scrub who started with 4 and Nero's buster feels so good every time its hard to switch to Dante.

Same, I didn't ever get a handle on Dante my first run of 4, and even now that I've played all the other games (besides the remake), Nero's buster just feels so drat satisfying to use.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
DMCV is on GDQ right now!

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1324841579455127552?s=19

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
To my understanding, literally every animation Vergil has that ends with him sheathing Yamato (including taunts, and including things like the Mirage Edge combo that uses Yamato) can be chained into a Judgement Cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1707070649749893443?t=52dkmmuB_HO_RSfoNBfqsg&s=19