Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.

Do you guys know how uncomfortable it is for the average person to shop in these stores? The stuff is overpriced and they do whatever they can to get you on a spam mailing list. No wonder brick and mortar retail is dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I can't stand the smell of those places.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I mean you're already a colossal moron for having gone into one of those stores so

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
There are like 12 different vitamins total and you can get more than you need of all of them in delicious gummy bear form from a generic store brand available at any supermarket.

I've never been in a vitamin store but they must be selling some serious bullshit considering how a human's dietary vitamin needs can be physically met via a single slot in a vending machine.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Or just by eating a diverse assortment of fruits and vegetables.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Or vital organs of your enemies. Hearts, livers, ballsacks, they contain all the nutrients you'll ever require!

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
And trust me, she'll like it too. :mmmsmug:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Devils Affricate posted:

There are like 12 different vitamins total and you can get more than you need of all of them in delicious gummy bear form from a generic store brand available at any supermarket.

I've never been in a vitamin store but they must be selling some serious bullshit considering how a human's dietary vitamin needs can be physically met via a single slot in a vending machine.

It really is amazing, there are like less than 10 supplements that even maybe do anything, absolutely everything else on the shelves might as well be homeopathic remedies

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Colonel Cancer posted:

Or vital organs of your enemies. Hearts, livers, ballsacks, they contain all the nutrients you'll ever require!

You had me at ballsacks. :love:

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The trick to all shopping is to be haughty as hell. Before entering the mall spend 15 minutes in the parking lot imagining you're the king of Spain or something, then storm in and get that shopping done. They'll cower before your glory and shut the gently caress up.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
feels fine, how's it feel being the dick-washer working in a dick-sucking factory? ya jerk?

sheesh. some people.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I drank a 250ml can of some energy drink today that advertised having 143% of the daily recommended intake of B6 vitamin in 100ml so that means I must have absorbed 357.5% of my daily needs for that vitamin.

what I'm trying to say is that I hope it's the vitamin that makes you fart so I can have so fun

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I'm guessing that "people who buy supplements" and "goons" are in two very separate venn diagrams.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Consult TCC to find out which "supplements" are currently The Good poo poo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I only buy the finest homeopathic dick enlargement supplements.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I only buy the finest homeopathic dick enlargement supplements.

When I go to GNC I spend at least 30 minutes talking to the sales rep about my dick and the latest in dick supplements.

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...

Colonel Cancer posted:

TFW you are a prey animal and finally get caught and get eaten butt first while still alive :yosbutt:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's a jar of lukewarm and slightly smelly water, with a solemn affirmation that a penis of no less than 10" was dipped in it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
take these pills they will make your dick HUGE

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Or just by eating a diverse assortment of fruits and vegetables.

:laffo: You mean RABBIT FOOD!?

I actually had someone say that to me one time when I had a salad for lunch.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I used to get really nice coupons for whey at GNC, I'd also get preworkout there.
You know, stuff that isn't just snake oil bullshit, just some of the tein and some spazz-juice to make you go bananas for two hours.

Anyway, that place wore me down emotionally because of the metric gently caress ton of obvious BS products.

Brain boosters? T boosters? Weird oils? Packets of dust targeting hyper specific micronutrients likely no one has a deficiency of?

Pap, extreme pap, elderberry pap through those doors, in that GNC.

I bet so many people spend money on that junk, scads of terrified boys wringing their hands over a potential low T count holding back their ballsack out manliness. It's jacked up OP, very jacked up.

So I've just mentally conditioned myself to see "GNC" as an abbreviation for "Gays Not Cool" and that way this mental exercise of turning them into a fictional homophobic store makes it easy for me not to use the very advantageous and excellent coupons I receive.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

:laffo: You mean RABBIT FOOD!?

I actually had someone say that to me one time when I had a salad for lunch.

jokes on them rabbits dont eat ranch and croutons

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ive started taking a pre-workout and it makes me blow my protein load all over the place!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I can't imagine working a job where most of your day is "hey man...I need...um...to clean my...um... system... you know?"
Or
"I need to gain"

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

my pre-workout consists of eating a diet appropriate for what im doing that day at the gym and also i take caffeine an hour before i arrive

E: for example just now i ate half a bag of epic crunch gold fish snacks (honey bbq)

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If you ever get the chance to eat a dead polar bear, make sure to scarf down its liver as it will give you all the vitamin A you will need for the rest of your life.

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Lol at the op jitterin in their boots while shopping for vitamins and sundry powders

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'hm, well, these vitamin pills will certainly help, but if i could show your our suppository selection i'm sure we could find something that... fits... your needs even better...'

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
We got free steroids

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug
When I was in high school, I had a neighbor on the street I lived on who had invested his entire life-savings in a GNC franchise. When the shop went under, he killed his wife and kids, stacked them in the basement, and then blew his brains out on the lawn.

I bought a painting of a farmhouse from their estate sale. I call it "My Portal to Hell."

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My wife is convinced she needs calcium supplements because of family history.

Her neurologist has her on fish oil and prenatal vitamins.

Her eye doctor has her on flax seed oil.

Her mom has her on biotin because it seems in their family they start losing hair fast.

Fortunately I can buy all of these through Amazon, some of them through GNC directly. Also, we got some caffeine with theanine which helps her focus more than caffeine alone.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

but the supplements are what's keeping my kids from getting measles

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

supplements are a waste of money

if you want to GET BEEFY you have to EAT BEEFY

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

supplements are a waste of money

if you want to GET BEEFY you have to EAT BEEFY

The key to maximum gains is to buy bovine growth hormones at the farm supply store.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's like Big Bart Simpson always said - just have a cow, man!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
GNC operates on the theory that Americans are somehow malnutritioned.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Extra Large Marge posted:

GNC operates on the theory that Americans are somehow malnutritioned.

They may ingest enough calories but due to garbage nutrition a lot of Americans usually are suffering from some micro nutritional deficit.

A better diet is the answer to that though, not supplements, unless your body sucks and really needs additional irony in supplement form to prevent anemia or something.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Colonel Cancer posted:

this is hosed

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Hi I'm looking for a multivitamin to replace the cytostatics my doctor keeps insisting I take. Do you have anything raspberry flavored?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Thats just like, your opinion Dan.