Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

learn how to pilot a drone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

wrong thread. Apologies

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

giving your boss a massive mental health crisis sounds great, keep up the good work and don't sweat the small stuff

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

what should I look for when choosing a CBT professional? ive been directed to try that for anxiety/depression/ADHD before getting on AD medication due to a history of seizures

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I graduated in 2009

same

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

i had a good day today

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

got any sevens posted:

adhd is real. all we can do is cope and hope

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

empty whippet box posted:

smoking weed until I can't see, think, or walk straight

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Hey thread! I sure had a great two months, in no small part due to the extremely kind people in this thread, but now I'm back in misery-town.

As a refresher, I was diagnosed with panic disorder, which involved long (hours, whole days) bouts of gut-wrenching terror accompanied by patterns of physical symptoms, ranging from "the soles of my feet hurt/are buzzing" to "I feel like I'm having a heart attack right now, no joke." The medication combo that worked so well for two months seems to be losing effectiveness, the anxiety is back, and with is is tooth and jaw pain that's getting pretty loving bad, to the point I can't sleep because the pain gets worse when I lie down (same as the panic-induced heart racing, one of the things that led to conclude it was panic). My teeth are in bad shape and I can't really afford to fix them, naturally both they and going to the dentist gave me huge anxiety BEFORE the panic disorder thing, so it makes sense they'd be the newest thing to get phantom pain about. Because panic disorder makes it very difficult to evaluate medical poo poo (or just poo poo in general), I've called warm lines in the past for advice, and it's previously just been 'try to relax, see if things get better.' I did that this time, and instead both people urged me to go to the dentist, a recommendation I wasn't prepared for. I'm really scared, I haven't slept a wink tonight and I'm falling asleep standing up. I went to a cardiologist a few months ago and came back with great overall results, but this seems so much different and scarier, I have no idea how I'm gonna make it through a meeting where they could end up telling me they have to cut out a big part of my jaw or something. Very tempted to abuse painkillers or other substances, but know I shouldn't (did I mention I take care of my elderly/early dementia mother, and we both have issues with addiction and access to meds? fun stuff!), I'm just not sure what I can do. Any advice?

wear a night guard for grinding if you arent already

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Ive had a psych prescriber refuse to write me any script for antidepressant due to some past seizure history and its incredibly demoralizing i'll leave it at that

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

feeling really bad today

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

:thanks:

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

so i started drinking again

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

l-theanine is a really good otc anxiolytic ime

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

erosion posted:

wearing rubber bands now on my wrists so I can snap myself when I have the urge to share at work

gotta try this

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Ronwayne posted:

I was informed by the pharmacy there was no generic, but there might be afterall? Vyvanse

check official website for coupons

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Jorge Bell posted:

gently caress boomers and gently caress working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017