Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

samantonio posted:

I've got a new friend at work, and she's a badass Gen Z.
this is beautiful, thank you for sharing :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

erosion posted:

On day 5 of cold turkey Cymbalta withdrawal.
i tried to do cold turkey cymbalta withdrawal last year, and couldn't. the side effects for me actually didn't start until about the two-week mark, i was feeling fine and then suddenly was hit by a crushing 24/7 anxiety that lasted until i started taking the tablets again. i stuck it out for about five months. at no point did the side-effects ever feel like they were improving or getting better; they just kept getting worse and worse and worse, until i was basically locked in a never-ending panic attack and had no choice but to go back on the medication.

this isn't to discourage you from trying to quit; it worries me how much worse my anxiety is now than it was before the cymbalta, and i wish i could quit too. but it's the warning i wish someone had given me before i tried. be prepared for months of feeling like poo poo. it doesn't happen to everyone, but it looks like it happens to enough people that "cymbalta withdrawal syndrome" is considered a psychiatric condition in and of itself, and if you're not expecting it, it can completely gently caress you up.

if you don't think you're ready for that in your current life situation? stay on the cymbalta. even if it's not working for you, it's not hurting you. you can always quit later, when things are calmer.

perepelki has issued a correction as of 06:49 on Apr 15, 2021

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

erosion posted:

no worries I'm going for dark comedy

I've given up on the establishment, nothing but bad vibes there. that said, I might just have to suck it up and see someone because I might end up in jail.
cymbalta withdrawals will do that to you. it happened to me too, sudden bursts of extreme rage over very minor things, and i am not an angry or aggressive person; and i've heard other people also say that the anger is the hardest part to deal with, both for themselves and everyone around them. this should make you feel better about yourself - it's not your problem, you haven't suddenly transformed into a rage demon, it's just a medical problem and it will stop when you're either over the withdrawal symptoms or you go back on the meds, whichever comes first.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

just know that if you do go back on the cymbalta, the withdrawal symptoms disappear really quickly, within a few days. i know you really, really want to wean yourself off the pills, but sometimes it's just not the right time in your life to be doing that. that's not to say you can't succeed, and i hope you do! but if you really feel like you're losing control, just remember that there is an easy solution and it won't leave you any worse off than when you started. you can always try again another time.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

perepelki has issued a correction as of 06:04 on Jul 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

perepelki has issued a correction as of 06:04 on Jul 28, 2023