Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Chapter 23: Void + Interlude

This one's quite interesting. It seems Aurora, due to a life of helplessness in both the dream and reality, never allowed to do anything, has developed a severe depression. The spindle was equal parts Maleficent's enchantment and Aurora's own suicidal ideation. I like this chapter a lot.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Chapter 24: : Childhood Haunts

Edit: Actually I did update properly in individual posts, just forgot to edit the first post.

This chapter is a lot of fun, I like the Dream Fairies. We are quite close to the end of the book, it's gearing up for the finale.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 17, 2020

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Argh, I need to get caught up!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Chapter 25: The Long Journey Back to the Castle + Interlude

This is the final chapter before the big climax, and it has some funny moments involving Aurora's opinions of Phillip, and a lot of condescension from the fairies.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Chapter 26: Her Return

The stage is set for the clash of wills between Aurora Rose and Queen Maleficent. This was a fun chapter to read.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Chapter 27: Another Denouement

Here we begin the actual fight. I love this chapter, especially when the castle walls crumble and due to the intensity of the magic the sky has ceased to make sense. It reminds me of the TV show of Dr Norrel and Mr Strange from a few years ago.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Chapter 28: Consider the Dragon... Again

The next stage of the battle between Aurora and Maleficent as the dream world is torn asunder during the battle of the two titans.

What I was going for with the Dragon Maleficent voice btw was that it's Maleficent talking through new vocal chords, so her voice has drastically transformed to be more dragony, but sometimes classic Maleficent's voice breaks through. I was trying to give it a kind of off-putting vibe with parts of the fairy almost fighting for dominance, the feral dragon part and the calculating queen part.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Chapter 29: FINAL CHAPTERS: Happily Ever After + Epilogue: All Good Things

Welcome to the end of our long journey, as we complete the story of Aurora's evolution through her adversity. I hope you all enjoyed this little diversion. I just wanted to show off a story that I liked a lot. If anyone who's been reading this thread has any thoughts on the story overall or the let's read, I'd love to hear them. I may do other threads like this but I won't commit to anything yet.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

BioEnchanted posted:

Chapter 29: FINAL CHAPTERS: Happily Ever After + Epilogue: All Good Things

Welcome to the end of our long journey, as we complete the story of Aurora's evolution through her adversity. I hope you all enjoyed this little diversion. I just wanted to show off a story that I liked a lot. If anyone who's been reading this thread has any thoughts on the story overall or the let's read, I'd love to hear them. I may do other threads like this but I won't commit to anything yet.

Apologies, I am far behind in listening; it's been that kind of year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I get that. I've only started uploading more often again because I finally got a better job last month and got out of the crappy warehouse shifts.