Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Yeah, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm seeing a lot of overlap between Polar Barrier and Spring Hyenard, so I'm wondering if maybe i could change one of the stances I haven't used yet to another stance.

Right now I have Stone Wall Style, Weeping Willow Style and Mandala Style, and Hyenard's got Weeping Willow, Flickering Flame and Mandala.

I wanna keep mandala stance because I like the narrative of my steamy clouds making it difficult for the enemy to capitalize on my team's openings, but I could see swapping out weeping willow for python style. I'd be grabbing guys instead of shoving them around (hyenard's already going to be much better than me at this) which seems like an equally bearlike attack style.

idk, i know we started already but there's seven of these things and there's no good reason we should share 2

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2019 around 14:44

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

The different roles should change how we use them- you're a defensive wall on the front lines, and I'm literally going to be dancing around behind you and other cover to take potshots. But I'm open to tweaking our specific abilities!

I definitely need to keep Weeping Willow for the reach, because when I'm out of cover, the only protection I really have is the -1 resist to a lot of common elements (but, also, the subsequent +1 weakness to multiple other elements, too). Also the whole "literally made of extending/propelling springs" thing.

I'd also like to keep Flickering Flame for the movement, as an emergency escape for when I'm out of cover, but if you'd like it for positioning in a fight, we can work something out.

I was actually waffling between Python and Mandala style, in both cases to represent trapping an enemy within springs- Python honestly seemed a bit closer to accurately modelling the narrative effects (mostly in the Passive, which I can only barely justify in Mandala's case as Hyenard moving in such odd inhuman patterns that enemies don't know where to block against him without focusing on him), but Hyenard doesn't get much advantage from grabbing people and Distractions suit a Controller much better. That'd be the first one I'd look at dropping for myself, but I think I'd honestly consider developing some sort of custom stance with Moriatti before taking one of the other official class options. Maybe something that leaves Spring Mine traps on impact, right now Spring Mines aren't especially mine-like.
... Now that I've actually said this, I think I want to chat with Moriatti a bit about possible ideas for it, hm.

In your case, Python is a really good choice- you'll be adjacent to melee enemies constantly, and shifting miss damage into enemy damage is going to help keep things manageable.

Tempest is also a reasonably viable alternative, mostly for the passive- you've got literally 50% more squares that are considered 'adjacent' to you than normal characters, so some sort of coolant leak mode isn't an unworkable idea.

There's also Scorpion if you want a more offensive route, to pump up your already-boosted Defender Opportunity attacks as well as letting you freeze enemies outright. I assume ongoing damage still applies weakness/resist, so the active effect can also wreck vulnerable foes.

EDIT: Also we wrote these up before team comp was decided and we knew what roles/abilities would be covered, I'm sure Moriatti wouldn't mind us making reasonable swaps on powers we literally haven't even used yet (although I could also understand if they'd prefer we wait until post-first-mission to have a better sense of team flow).

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2019 around 14:50

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Just to post in here formally, I'm cool with stuff like this.
Also, literally all of you have Discord, do you want me to make a channel for this, or is using that for PMs and this thread fine?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ok, Iím definitely switching out willow for python then. I mostly am into mandala for the passive, and would maybe be tempted to swap it out for scorpion if I thought there was a solid narrative justification for ongoing damage from me.

We arenít really fighting big bleeders though, and ice isnít very Ďongoing damageí as an element

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I'm totally down for a Discord channel.

Ignite, Ice strikes me as one of the classic 'ongoing damage' elements, with limbs getting frozen solid until thawed out, but Polar's your character so it's your call, not mine! And besides, Moriatti okay'd my concept for a third power so I'm swapping out my own Mandala ASAP, you're welcome to keep it for yourself if you want it!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

I'd be up for a discord channel, for sure. Seems more convenient than chatting on roll20, and we could add a dice bot too.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ok, I think I'm going to keep Mandala but i'm swapping out Willow for Python.

As I discussed with Moriatti, i'm also swapping out the trick and complication i had that were eating-related (i made them before I knew we had an equally large crocodile) for polar bear themed stuff.

Trick - 'Sound Discipline' - Polar Barrier can sneak up on you if he's got an aquatic route

Complication 'Overheating' - Polar Barrier was built for an extremely frigid climate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Discord link: https://discord.gg/5yXrHvt

«2 »