Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hello my pious Breatheren,

We have a religion, it is true, of Costco and the deliverance of the $1.50 hot dog and UNLIMITED REFILL pop, may PBUC...but have you heard of, one, Trader Joe? His prophecies also bring much bountiful blessing to your life if you should go and seek it.

I have enjoyed a harvest such as...

Not as spicy as you would think, it actually has great flavor and a low heat that builds up the more you eat it. An excellent accompaniment to any sandwich and party event.

An excellent, delicious, truly crisp and flavorful meal courtesy of Joe's cousin, Trader Ming, an Asian Brother from another Mother. In 10 minutes I had a really good easily prepared meal. The Fried Rice was also fluffy and light.

A very good sweet treat with right size and portion after your meal.

It is my hope our two religions may peacefully co-exist but this is a good path to discuss. There is much Trader Joe's offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
who is trader joe

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I went to a Trader Joe's but they wouldn't let me trade anything. Was false advertising IMO.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I also went to a Whole Food's and they had a bunch of fruit and vegetables that had been cut up and the meat had been butchered. Like, I thought the food was gonna be whole?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

jimmyjams posted:

who is trader joe

A Nazi who was sent into the jungles of Africa searching for the ancient human civilization of Thule. He emerged a decade later to find that the war had ended and established himself as a local trader in goods before stumbling upon a wealthy and eccentric young German tourist whose identity and fortune he stole, going on to become a successful businessman in postwar Berlin

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Being a homeless person outside of trader joes is the top caste of homeless people

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Hmm the orange chicken is pretty good. So is the Everything But The.... seasoning. On the other hand, PBUTJ doesn't roll off the tongue. Gotta workshop.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
Trader Joe’s has the most dominant mini peanut butter cups in all the land. I will destroy all who dare challenge my wisdom.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Trader Joe’s has the most dominant mini peanut butter cups in all the land. I will destroy all who dare challenge my wisdom.

Those mint filled dark chocolates are pretty good too.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Those pre made brownies were like $12, right?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Burt Sexual posted:

A brownie for $12? That poo poo better have some weed in it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

$4 I think but I dont look at the price when I shop, lmao!

It all seemed reasonable.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gatts posted:

$4 I think but I dont look at the price when I shop, lmao!

It all seemed reasonable.

I knew it! Pre cut Brownie privilege itt :colbert:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I love me some Trader Joe's. The orange chicken you posted is delicious!

My favorites:

My all time favorite microwave meal.

Everything Pretzel Slims. Yum.

Always have a tub of these in the fridge.

Their fresh pre-made section is rad too. I like the ground turkey stuffed peppers, spring rolls, crunchy slaw salad...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My neighborhood is not good enough to have a trader joe’s. This thread will never be as good as the Costco thread. All you traitor jackasses can go gently caress yourselves.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Is it racist that Trader Joe’s gives all its ethnic products funny stereotype Trader names. I often wonder about this

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
their dill pickles own
the whole ones not the spears or whatever i havent tried those

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

UltraRed posted:

This thread will never be as good as the Costco thread. All you traitor jackasses can go gently caress yourselves.

Came to post this.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Oh poo poo I forgot about their garlic naan. That poo poo is like crack holy lord

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I also went to a Whole Food's and they had a bunch of fruit and vegetables that had been cut up and the meat had been butchered. Like, I thought the food was gonna be whole?

Go make a Whole Foods thread this is about Trader Joe’s!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

These will change your life.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Those seasonal Thanksgiving chips are pretty good. I mean, not as good as actual Thanksgiving dinner, but a good warm up during the days until the main event.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Their ginger snaps and ginger brew are absolutely sick, also that chocolate chip cookie dough with rum.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
I've been mad at trader Joe's since they discontinued the last good potato chip on the market, the most perfect snack food, the blue bag of Hawaiian style, whole potato, kettle fried chip with only salt. The products that replaced it are all reconstituted potato crap that have a color and flavor akin to lays or Pringles, and they're all more expensive. The worst part is they continue to stock the same type of chip but with flavors on it.

Give me back my perfect potato chip!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

They have an entire aisle filled with dad food that's reasonably priced. Be still, my beating heart

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Merchant Philips

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Their bananas are still the best and cheapest in all the land. I don't know how they do it.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

UltraRed posted:

My neighborhood is not good enough to have a trader joe’s. This thread will never be as good as the Costco thread. All you traitor jackasses can go gently caress yourselves.

TheReverend posted:

Came to post this.

Traitor Joe's.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

kazr posted:

They have an entire aisle filled with dad food that's reasonably priced. Be still, my beating heart

which aisle is this?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Socks4Hands posted:

which aisle is this?
the alcohol aisle

TJ is seriously like the cheapest place to buy alcohol ever, well, besides Costco if you need a 4L handle of vodka.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

spinst posted:

I love me some Trader Joe's. The orange chicken you posted is delicious!

My favorites:

My all time favorite microwave meal.

Everything Pretzel Slims. Yum.

Always have a tub of these in the fridge.

Their fresh pre-made section is rad too. I like the ground turkey stuffed peppers, spring rolls, crunchy slaw salad...
These are good. I prefer the Lamb Vindaloo or even vegan tikka masala tho but toss in some of the nann and it's :discourse:

I find the quality of TJ's frozen chicken including their orange chicken to be kinda iffy. Their orange chicken used to be really good like 6+ years ago but everytime I've had it recently, it's been poo poo and weirdly gristly or w/e and kind of offputting. I don't eat it anymore but the box of orange chicken at costco seemed much better quality.
Potstickers are still good.

Trader Joe's frozen pizzas are legit some of the best frozen pizzas. The margarita pizza is great as is the one with red peppers and pearl onions. I really like the bambino pizzas for late night :420: snack, the sauce on it is pretty darn good. They used to carry a deep dish pepperoni but that's been gone for a few years now, rip.

The frozen Mac and Cheese is still top tier despite how easy mac and cheese is to make but it's a good cheap price so w/e for a lazy dinner. I think the hatch green chile one is a dumb gimmick though, it doesn't really add anything except cost. The "reduced fat/less guilt" is a joke tho because it's literally just half the portion at still 70% of the cost lol

The TJ Greek yogurt is also really good like passionfruit-guava and the citrus medly. I like the strawberry icelandic yogurt. The big container of just plain yogurt is really good and has minimal sugar which is hard to find at a grocery store for whatever reason.

There's actually too many good and cheap products to even think about

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 11, 2019

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Gonna give a heavy recommendation to the frozen Chimichurri Rice. That poo poo is delicious. I should go to them more often, but the one nearest me is just fat enough away from me and everywhere else I buy food that I rarely go.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
i get the peanut butter dog treats for my pup, he enjoys them.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i went inside a trader joes once when i was drunk and was so fantastically disappointed i completely destroyed one of their toilet stalls for the sexual thrill

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've liked things from Trader Joe's, but I've learned not to really like things from there, because every time I really like something, it gets discontinued. Every single time.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like aldis because everything there is cheap and you feel like a bigshot when you pay ten cents for real genuwine paper bags

and almost every single cashier there puts out

aldis forever

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels are nuts, and they don’t discontinue them thank god

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

one time i saw a lady open her purse up at the checkout line in aldis and a couple of roaches scampered ouf

aldis rules

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

hell yeah you can buy gas inside the Aldi's store. knock twice and kick once at the milk cooler and chuggs will hook your white rear end up

aldi's: stop my rear end is on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

aldi's was founded by arby's older brother who flunked out of meat school but was definitely one of those kids that sold bootleg candy in the 3rd grade

aldi's: i AM the manager