Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol but

body is a dinosaur
currently not working on a thing that is imminently due absolutely gonna get to it in about 20 minutes for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Manifisto posted:

I ask you, what good is the internet if I can't locate old snl sketches with a few keystrokes?

Well, some people do say that the Internet was a mistake. . .

Goons Are Gifts

Honk if you support the work crew today!

*honk*

kalel

lol but seriously I posted:

currently not working on a thing that is imminently due absolutely gonna get to it in about 20 minutes for sure

Samesies

jeffery
always thinking about conec...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tebulot

im hip now bois

I am a brand new member of the work crew, it's pretty cool. I get a new laptop, phone, we have a really nice espresso machine and pool tables. Sometimes I can even post on this forum.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Tebulot posted:

I am a brand new member of the work crew, it's pretty cool. I get a new laptop, phone, we have a really nice espresso machine and pool tables. Sometimes I can even post on this forum.

long time no see teb

welcome and tell us about your jorb

lol but

body is a dinosaur

lol but seriously I posted:

absolutely hosed doing a dece job at this btw going to bullshit my way out of it tomorrow and probably get away with it

Tebulot

im hip now bois

It's like, a national australian think tank for transport, roads, autonomous vehicles and other engineerey, research and policy influency stuff.

I'm a network admin though, so I tell the people with Phd's to turn their stuff off and on again. It's probably the most relaxed corporate culture I've ever experienced, and I'm real pleased with myself for landing it :smuggo:

how are all your days at the business store going?

lol but

body is a dinosaur

Tebulot posted:

how are all your days at the business store going?

i have been all the way agnostic wrt getting fired for >1 year and not a soul has noticed

Areola Grande

I worked nine labor units at the ol credit union today and boy howdy are my fingers tired from counting to ten so many times

MockingQuantum

I spent 20 minutes recording a girl burping, I'm starting to think my job is weird

thank you luvcow for the sig

Tebulot

im hip now bois

MockingQuantum posted:

I spent 20 minutes recording a girl burping, I'm starting to think my job is weird

I think your job is weird now

Tebulot

im hip now bois

i'm thinking about getting a really loud mechanical keyboard in this open plan office environment

Jaded Burnout

m8s I’m at work and bored as gently caress

Goons Are Gifts

welcome JB! How's work? Apart from boring, which must not be a bad thing, but can be?

Areola Grande

Jaded Burnout posted:

m8s I’m at work and bored as gently caress

tell us your tea sich

i'm sipping a Bigelow green tea and munching some creme cake rn

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Jaded Burnout

opioid agonist posted:

tell us your tea sich

i'm sipping a Bigelow green tea and munching some creme cake rn

I don’t drink tea which for a civil servant makes for some odd looks.

I’m going home now and the person on the train next to me has some horrible smelling food. this is why I work from home

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jaded Burnout posted:

I don’t drink tea which for a civil servant makes for some odd looks.

I’m going home now and the person on the train next to me has some horrible smelling food. this is why I work from home

Are we the same person rn

Someone on the train had what smelled like boiled rear end and was eating it loudly in front of me

MockingQuantum

A friend once told me that it's considered really rude to eat on public transit in a bunch of other countries around the world and I really wish that were the case in the US too

Jaded Burnout

hamjobs posted:

Are we the same person rn

Someone on the train had what smelled like boiled rear end and was eating it loudly in front of me

it was some nasty fish thing and then when I got off the train and was happy for some fresh air half of Kent also smells of garbage fish

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

welcome JB! How's work? Apart from boring, which must not be a bad thing, but can be?

well, I don't want to grouse, but I will. It's boring, and tiring when they want me in the city, and often has large stretches of wasted time which at home I would fill by watching project runway or fargo or something, but they pay me as much in 2 months as I was paid in a year back in 2007, so I toddle on.

How's your work life?

Goons Are Gifts

Personally, really good. I enjoy my work very much and have an amazing boss and also nice coworkers and everything!
Can't believe it as my last job was rather bad but this one rocks.

lol but

body is a dinosaur

Goons Are Great posted:

Personally, really good. I enjoy my work very much and have an amazing boss and also nice coworkers and everything!
Can't believe it as my last job was rather bad but this one rocks.

you're killing it man!

Tebulot

im hip now bois

havi ng a nice job is super cool and good for your brain chemistry

Goons Are Gifts

I hope you all have similar feelings in the work crew! Work can be very unbyob and annoying but there always is a chance to get it better!

Robot Made of Meat

MockingQuantum posted:

A friend once told me that it's considered really rude to eat on public transit in a bunch of other countries around the world and I really wish that were the case in the US too

It is the case in the US, but far too many in the US don't give a d*rn about being polite.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Tebulot posted:

havi ng a nice job is super cool and good for your brain chemistry

I'm hoping this turns out to be true. I think it's possible that my new job is nice. :)

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Tebulot

im hip now bois

I'm having a p good day, even better now because its lunchtime and i'm gonna go across the road to the deli and get a vegetarian focaccia and chips and read a web serial

sometimes we go to a brewery and eat burgers and drink fresh cider/beer

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I have a job interview tomorrow.
I am prepared for my job interview, I think I have a clean pair of pants?

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
what is the weirdest-sounding piece of equipment you use in your job? mine is either "fish tape" or "butt set"

Tebulot

im hip now bois

glowing-fish posted:

I have a job interview tomorrow.
I am prepared for my job interview, I think I have a clean pair of pants?

You can do it buddy, from what I've learnt people responf better to personality rather than skillset so be a good, intelligent, witty, charming, attractive person and you're off to the races

essentially don't be a goon

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Entropic posted:

what is the weirdest-sounding piece of equipment you use in your job? mine is either "fish tape" or "butt set"

"ballcock", "hose nipple".

Goons Are Gifts

Entropic posted:

"cock mixer"

Jaded Burnout

I’m back at work and it’s not so bad today, so far

MockingQuantum

Entropic posted:

I get people calling me asking for buttplugs

vanisher

Hey work crew I'm working today

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

vanisher posted:

I'm outside work about to go in and work not sitting out here because I dread it, I just wanted to finish the Bjork song I'm listening to.

Btw the song is "Where is the Line" by Bjork if anyone is curious, have a good day.

Goons Are Gifts

vanisher posted:

Happy working! Report back if you need assistance, experience something interesting or funny or feel like being too work-y to post in byob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm outside work about to go in and work not sitting out here because I dread it, I just wanted to finish the Bjork song I'm listening to.

Btw the song is "Where is the Line" by Bjork if anyone is curious, have a good day.

Check out Army of Me. I can't stand Björk's vocals but it's a real interesting song with the first half being entirely in the Locrian mode.