Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I guess a better way to explain it is, I would just think like, "cool, I don't have to worry about this life stuff for the next 8 hrs! phew"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I've been in a bad mood and snapped at those I was supervising. I always felt bad about it and tried to apologise but sometimes you wait too long and it would be weird. Sometimes you just have to move on and try and use it as a lesson moving forward.

Work has been really slow lately and a bunch of the college students are on break and have gone on vacation. Lucky kids

Escape From Noise

Holy poo poo. I want to take my full break but when I do I come back to a huge backlog of cleanup because neither of the other people who work behind the bar ever clean up glasses or anything else and just let poo poo pile up. This is basic!

Goons Are Gifts

Yeah, these are good points. I dunno I somehow never really was able to use work as a distraction from other stuff, bad thoughts came getting back. However it's definitely a good thing to not focus on it and not ruin everyone's day by that.

Goons Are Gifts

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Holy poo poo. I want to take my full break but when I do I come back to a huge backlog of cleanup because neither of the other people who work behind the bar ever clean up glasses or anything else and just let poo poo pile up. This is basic!

How's the license going?

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Great posted:

How's the license going?

Hopefully getting it by the middle of this month, but that's at the earliest. Possibly next month.

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Great posted:

Yeah, these are good points. I dunno I somehow never really was able to use work as a distraction from other stuff, bad thoughts came getting back. However it's definitely a good thing to not focus on it and not ruin everyone's day by that.

I understand. I'm not saying I can make them stop. I feel like the best you can do is recognize them, take anything useful from them that you can, and try to move forward with your life. Yeah. Work can suck.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I got a raise at work and I'm making bonuses now.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
nice!

"sorry we yelled here's more money please stay"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hugh Malone posted:

nice!

"sorry we yelled here's more money please stay"

That's really what it is but I'm taking it because I don't have a lot of options.

wearing a lampshade

Kief Richards posted:

This but Magento

thankfully never had to deal with magento

been trying to convince my work to use silverstripe, my cms of choice.

wearing a lampshade

Kief Richards posted:

I got a raise at work and I'm making bonuses now.

also congrats

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

albany academy posted:

thankfully never had to deal with magento

been trying to convince my work to use silverstripe, my cms of choice.

We use Magento hooked into our erp and it's janky right now but will get better with time and a lot of coding

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

albany academy posted:

also congrats

Thanks. It's a decent job so long as people curb the yelling.

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Work Crew: It's a decent job so long as people curb the yelling.

Escape From Noise

Man this poo poo is wearing on me but hopefully I'll be brewing soon. I have the next two days off. I just realized this so I didn't make plans. It's my first two days off in a row for ages! Hopefully I'll clean up the place and cook a bit. Maybe take a run or something. Thinking of making a reservation for the museum in the Tower of the Sun. Been meaning to do that for ages

Escape From Noise

There's recently been an increase in hot moms at the restaurant coming in with their kiddos and friends

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's recently been an increase in hot moms at the restaurant coming in with their kiddos and friends

Neg the babies

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Neg the babies

I see you've read my threads.:cool:

Escape From Noise

At least most of my coworkers are cool. Most of them are leaving in March because they're graduating college and stuff. I'll miss 'em but I'm glad they're off to better things.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I sat down, started working, looked up and five hours have passed. What the entire gently caress? What even IS time?

Jaded Burnout

I cannot get my brain to latch on to the task at hand today.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Jaded Burnout posted:

I cannot get my brain to latch on to the task at hand today.
:same: except it’s been happening all week.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kief Richards posted:

I sat down, started working, looked up and five hours have passed. What the entire gently caress? What even IS time?

fake

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Time has four sides, I learned about it online at work while I was posting from the toilet where I was definitely not smoking

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Time has four sides, I learned about it online at work while I was posting from the toilet where I was definitely not smoking

Each day is four days happening at once

Escape From Noise

Pretty dead at work tonight but we're talking more about the whole brewing thing, so that's encouraging. Been asked to reach out to people about collaborations and stuff.

Two of my coworkers are leaving for a trip to Europe tonight. Pretty jelly. But they're young and just graduated college so this is exactly the kind of thing they should be doing. But I'm still jelly

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Time has FOUR SIDES and all four sides suck!!!!!!!!

I'm still at work and confused as to why

Goons Are Gifts

The thing is, I'm not at work right now and still am wondering why

Where does this end???

Escape From Noise

Yesterday my boss asked me to look around for breweries I could possibly collaborate with so looking like we're finally getting this worked out!

Escape From Noise

Going to a nearby brew pub after work to ask about doing a collaboration or something. So that might be cool

Escape From Noise

Cleaning tanks today. It's new equipment and I'm a bit rusty at it so it's kind of frustrating but also kind of fun to figure everything out. I've also definitely put on some weight recently. Had to suck in the gut to fit into my work pants.

Robot Made of Meat

Cleaning tanks today. It's new equipment and I'm a bit rusty at it so it's kind of frustrating but also kind of fun to figure everything out. I've also definitely put on some weight recently. Had to suck in the gut to fit into my work pants.

Well, it's nice that you have a job where you only need to wear pants on special occasions.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Escape From Noise

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Well, it's nice that you have a job where you only need to wear pants on special occasions.

I started wearing jeans when I had to work behind the bar and when I had to buy new ones I got fatter.

My old Duluth pants are a bit snug

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Just take off your pants and take some soap in the tanks with you

Double purpose

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Just take off your pants and take some soap in the tanks with you

Double purpose

Caustic would take away a few layers of dead skin

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Caustic would take away a few layers of dead skin
The new get slim quick(lime) scheme!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

The new get slim quick(lime) scheme!

Remove all that pesky skin & release the beauty within!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

When not at work I've started wearing a jump-suit. It's really comfortable and convenient until you have to poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

When not at work I've started wearing a jump-suit. It's really comfortable and convenient until you have to poop.

I may have a solution for you.