Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I may have a solution for you.

okay wow i mean wow this is for children? or a married gay couple solidly comfy in their top/bottom roles?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Groovin to some zydeco and Dixieland at work because it’s Mardi Gras in a week :toot:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Groovin to some zydeco and Dixieland at work because it’s Mardi Gras in a week :toot:

Aw man. I visited New Orleans like two years ago. What a fun trip!

wearing a lampshade

working on a website built by someone else, all of the links they've built for the website are <form>s. i've never seen this before.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Literally can’t get to the shop Monday and Tuesday because of festivities :toot:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

albany academy posted:

working on a website built by someone else, all of the links they've built for the website are <form>s. i've never seen this before.

:wtc: this is why I encourage people to start fresh when I do contract work

Jaded Burnout

faaart

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My boss is buying lunch today because the big boss is out and we need sustenance to deal with this fart of a day

Escape From Noise

I'm the only one behind the bar tonight and we aren't so busy so I'm very bored. Bleh. Yesterday I kind of taught the new woman they hired so I had someone to bullshit with but I dunno. Kind of bored. Looking forward to hanging loooooose tomorrow

Goons Are Gifts

Ugh things are so slow right now here as well. I mean that's not inherently a bad thing but I got some work piled up that I cannot get myself to get started on because if there's nothing to do I never really get in the work flow to do stuff.

We should all just chill together

Goons Are Gifts

IT'S GETTING WORSE AAAAAAA
Virus means everything is getting cancelled, my preparations for the past 2 months got basically postponed indefinitely and I'm the only person in the office for the entire day and I literally haven't done anything today but posting in BYOB. I mean not that this would be bad, but aaaaaaaaa give me something to do before I start turning this office into a fitness club!!!

Jaded Burnout

I'm still off sick but might start back gently tomorrow.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm still off sick but might start back gently tomorrow.

You get well soon, buddy, or I'll tell you what for

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Facilities department dropped off a case of AIDS killing germicide spray. still waiting for them to issue a pistol with a single bullet.

Escape From Noise

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Facilities department dropped off a case of AIDS killing germicide spray. still waiting for them to issue a pistol with a single bullet.

Maybe just a cattle gun

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Still working at work at work crew...

It's weird

wearing a lampshade

Laid off due to corona

Escape From Noise

My neck hurts so bad that I want to die.

Escape From Noise

Due to the huge decrease in business due to the caronavirus the part time workers are getting hours cut and full time salaried workers are getting an increase in hours. gently caress this. But it's not like I have anywhere else to go.

Edit: I seem to have jumped the gun. My schedule isn't that hosed

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 3, 2020

Jaded Burnout

I've been at work for an hour and I'm bored.

Goons Are Gifts

Time to post!!

Been on the phone for the past hours and my ear is trying to escape from my head at this point

Jaded Burnout

I'm on a two week paid holiday and it's still a strange feeling.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm on a two week paid holiday and it's still a strange feeling.

Hi JB! Good to see you post. And maybe you have but I read the wrong threads.

Hi!

Jaded Burnout

Slush Garbo posted:

Hi JB! Good to see you post. And maybe you have but I read the wrong threads.

Hi!

Not in the 'yob for a time, that's the truth. How are ya?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jaded Burnout posted:

Not in the 'yob for a time, that's the truth. How are ya?

Back at work, not too bad. Shits scary tho, lots of idiots resenting wearing a mask at work. Trying to keep a smile in my voice when I ask for distance or for someone to put their mask on. Starting to make me feel like I'm the jerk. Think I may talk to my boss, who is on the same page as me re: public health and see if we need to go to HR about it :/

On the upside, there is a good chance we will keep the 4 day work week we are doing now, even when we go back to 40 hours from the 30 we are currently doing. That would (and does currently) be awesome

Jaded Burnout

Is that colleagues, clients, or customers?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jaded Burnout posted:

Is that colleagues, clients, or customers?

Coworkers from different departments that traverse our workspace regularly

Jaded Burnout

:/

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Haha I just got a work email, and was like, "oh I guess I'll read it tonight"...

Mask policy in full effect! HR sent an e-doc for all emps to sign

Escape From Noise

Don't know when I'll go back to work. My workplace is opened again but running on a skeleton crew. It's close to my place so I drop in every so often to check my status and they don't know.

I'm getting about half of my regular paycheck at the moment but I have enough savings to coast on for a while, plus I should be getting a payout from the Japanese government. Need to check the status of my IRS check.

I'm trying to just take it as a vacation. Especially now that things are starting to open up a bit.

Goons Are Gifts

Good to see work crew back up despite the circumstances, let's work!

I mean not me because due to my refusal to work with zoom and that entire bag of poo poo that comes along when you start working for 10 hours a day at home, my boss was looking for a solution. Luckily my body did before he could because I got really ill recently with something that will take a while at best, so I had grounds to request a timeout for this semester, which got approved literally immediately after they saw the hospital reports.
No more work for me, but posting instead. That's the spirit.

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Good to see work crew back up despite the circumstances, let's work!

I mean not me because due to my refusal to work with zoom and that entire bag of poo poo that comes along when you start working for 10 hours a day at home, my boss was looking for a solution. Luckily my body did before he could because I got really ill recently with something that will take a while at best, so I had grounds to request a timeout for this semester, which got approved literally immediately after they saw the hospital reports.
No more work for me, but posting instead. That's the spirit.

:woop: but also :ohdear:

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Dang, get well soon GaG! Cool that your employer has your back tho :unsmith:

Goons Are Gifts

He doesn't really have a choice, apart from a few private based universities, all higher education (actually almost all education) in Germany is a matter of the state. The university is direct property of the state you live in, sometimes the city owns a thing or two, too, but this always means that working there means you're in public service, get paid by the ministry directly and have a special place in your state's heart, so they are not allowed to be mean to you. However, because this is Germany, I had to file the take off formula four times in total and got a visit by a special state doctor to confirm stuff, because the rumors you heard about us Germans loving good paper work are all entirely true :v:

Escape From Noise

I filled out the paperwork to get my 100k yen from the Japanese government and sent it in today.

Goons Are Gifts

To be honest though, I'm not yet done with the work crew either because for some reason I thought it was a good idea to volunteer for another paper anyways, which means I have to kinda work anyways, but at least in my own time frame, in the way that i want, without dealing with students over internet calls and while still being paid 80% of my salary despite not even working for them

I need to learn how to not work for a while now

Goons Are Gifts

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I filled out the paperwork to get my 100k yen from the Japanese government and sent it in today.

:peanut:
Is that a lot? I think it is quite a bit, isn't it? What was the super rough not even remotely close conversion rate, 10k = 100 bucks?

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Great posted:

:peanut:
Is that a lot? I think it is quite a bit, isn't it? What was the super rough not even remotely close conversion rate, 10k = 100 bucks?

It's slightly less than a thousand USD. The quick and dirty way to convert yen to dollars is to move the decimal point two places to the left. If the numbers big then subtract a bit I guess

Goons Are Gifts

Ah yes, that was I had in mind more or less. Cool! At least some money coming towards you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Yeah. I have some savings too so I'll be okay. May do a tiny trip somewhere. We'll see. Still waiting for my money from the US as well.