Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Becky/Ronda off?
This poll is closed.
Yes, Vince said so, so that's that. 20 10.42%
No, this is an angle you idiots. You morons. You loving imbeciles. 54 28.13%
Yeah but it's a really badly handled angle they're overthinking a simple idea. 45 23.44%
Goddammit don't prejudge it, this is probably gonna work out fine. 11 5.73%
Why'd they just have Becky apologize after all that buildup though? 62 32.29%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hopefully Charlotte wins at Mania by making Becky tap out and Corey Graves can screech on commentary "Another millennial loser just lost, you fans were stupid for ever supporting her or for watching this product."

I also really hope Stephanie is a special guest referee and her biased refereeing becomes a part of the storyline, which can then continue for several months before entirely losing steam and leaving Becky completely where she was before this run. The last thing I want to see is a super over babyface cleanly beat a dominant heel and then get to be champion for several months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Alan_Shore posted:

Usually, when the evil McMahons ask the bad rear end underdog to kiss their rear end, the bad rear end underdog... doesn't kiss their rear end.

This is a bold choice, a new direction

but what if kissing mcmahon rear end is actually good?!?!?!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Corey Graves can screech on commentary "Another millennial loser just lost, you fans were stupid for ever supporting her or for watching this product."

I know Corey probably buys into it anyway, but what is with Boomers having a raging boner for millenials hating on millenials for being millenials?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
It's been 20 years since Stone Cold feuded with McMahon.

Is it so bad that I just want to see that rehashed now?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

"It's not the destination, it's the journey" I screech as Vince shits into my gaping mouth

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sgt: Slaughter: Stone Cold your neck is hosed up and you will respect my authority
Austin: Im sorry

*wcw wins the monday night war

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Y'know, I don't trust the women to really sell this angle, I better get involved to really push the importance of the match

- Vince, as he greedily downs another bottle of my liquefied hopes and dreams

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Sgt: Slaughter: Stone Cold your neck is hosed up and you will respect my authority
Austin: Im sorry

*wcw wins the monday night war

HHH: You're just a B+ player
DBry: I know lol

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
There’s something weird about how angry fans are about an angle they are clearly super hot for.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rosa Park you cant sit here
Ok

*stephanie invents the civil rights movement

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Angry Grimace posted:

There’s something weird about how angry fans are about an angle they are clearly super hot for.
this thread has been loving hilarious. people mad at the part of the story they're supposed to be mad at, who will be happy at the part of the story where they're supposed to be happy for. but it's bad booking because it made them mad.

wrestling is beautiful

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

So Ambrose isn't a heel anymore?

lmfao why would you boo someone who's leaving this place

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't know how anyone could possibly still be complaining about this story given that it's generating the very best DoctorGonzo posts I've ever seen

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cams posted:

this thread has been loving hilarious. people mad at the part of the story they're supposed to be mad at, who will be happy at the part of the story where they're supposed to be happy for. but it's bad booking because it made them mad.

wrestling is beautiful

master storyteller Vincent K Mcmahon did it again!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

cams posted:

wrestling is beautiful

things people are supposed to be mad about : the evil mcmahons taking away becky's mania match and giving it to charlotte

what people are actually mad about : poor character writing

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

master storyteller Vincent K Mcmahon did it again!

this is an insanely simple face story for becky and TONS of people ran into this thread screaming "BECKY IS GETTING BURIED."

wrestling fan getting worked that refuses to believe he was worked, but in fact he is just throwing a fit because of "bad storytelling"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ratings are reaching tna levels
House shows attendance is pathetic
They are taking saudi blood money

No you see adding the mcmahons doing their 20+ crap years again instead of telling a simple story of Wrestler A against Wrestler B for the title is good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Things people said for the last two weeks they'd be mad about if it happened: Becky/Charlotte/Ronda instead of Becky/Ronda

Things people are mad about now that it's happening: Becky/Charlotte/Ronda instead of Becky/Ronda

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

cams posted:

wrestling is beautiful

The thing that is bizarre is people getting mad about Becky’s character as though it matters when everyone involved is aware it’s a storyline.

And Becky has to lose sometimes. It’s fine. Becky has been put over nonstop for months and the purpose of this angle is putting Becky over again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Multiple weeks of Raw and SD being lower than TNA's highest rating ever, and we're not even at the post-Mania lull yet this year :swoon:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
do you guys remember how Becky Lynch apologized like she was asked

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey guys what if, listen me on this, what if instead of a one on one match we add ANOTHER mcmahon proxy? i dont know that blonde who sucked at the royal rumble

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Things people said for the last two weeks they'd be mad about if it happened: Becky/Charlotte/Ronda instead of Becky/Ronda

Things people are mad about now that it's happening: Becky/Charlotte/Ronda instead of Becky/Ronda

This is called emotional investment

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

things people are supposed to be mad about : the evil mcmahons taking away becky's mania match and giving it to charlotte

what people are actually mad about : poor character writing

she swallowed her pride and apologized in order to get her main event, then the bad guys turned around, did maniacal cartoon laughter, and denied her what was offered. becky, enraged, will certainly seek her revenge

again, people have emotional reactions to things then fail to process it and instead decide that it was objectively bad to keep their smark pride in tact

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I don't know how anyone could possibly still be complaining about this story given that it's generating the very best DoctorGonzo posts I've ever seen

that's a pretty low bar

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

cams posted:

she swallowed her pride and apologized in order to get her main event, then the bad guys turned around, did maniacal cartoon laughter, and denied her what was offered. becky, enraged, will certainly seek her revenge

again, people have emotional reactions to things then fail to process it and instead decide that it was objectively bad to keep their smark pride in tact

she shouldn't have apologized at all. personally that's the problem i have

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

hey guys what if, listen me on this, what if instead of a one on one match we add ANOTHER mcmahon proxy? i dont know that blonde who sucked at the royal rumble

She did have the best match anyone's had with Ronda

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

cams posted:

swallowing her pride was completely unnecessary and was done entirely to get vince more heat rather than as part of some redemption storyline

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

House shows attendance is pathetic
They are taking saudi blood money

No you see adding the mcmahons doing their 20+ crap years again instead of telling a simple story of Wrestler A against Wrestler B for the title is good
i mean this point makes sense except you're still watching this product. this is what the product is. the mcmahons and this bullshit.

again, if people wanna go "wwe is bad and i do not enjoy the way they tell stories" that's fine and i agree. but the story being told at the moment is fairly good and makes sense by the standards of wwe.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wwe writing is loving awful so this isnt about becky rhondah or charlotte anymore, it is about vince and how HHH - Stephanie will react about the fact that he did a thing on his own.

the road dogg-hhh defense of we write trash tv on purpose to make you marks mad LOL doesnt work when less and less people is watching your poo poo week to week

cams posted:

i mean this point makes sense except you're still watching this product. this is what the product is. the mcmahons and this bullshit.

again, if people wanna go "wwe is bad and i do not enjoy the way they tell stories" that's fine and i agree. but the story being told at the moment is fairly good and makes sense by the standards of wwe.

i dont watch wwe tv

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drew McIntyre posted:

do you guys remember how Becky Lynch apologized like she was asked

oh. heck. yeah! *gently opens soda can, sips it slowly and politely like the boss wants*

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
this is like a psychology test. if you think what Becky did was wrong, you must be a mark. and if you think what Becky did was right, then you're the guy at work that rats other people out to the boss

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

wwe writing is loving awful so this isnt about becky rhondah or charlotte anymore, it is about vince and how HHH - Stephanie will react about the fact that he did a thing on his own.

the road dogg-hhh defense of we write trash tv on purpose to make you marks mad LOL doesnt work when less and less people is watching your poo poo week to week

i dont watch wwe tv

edit: nah i don't feel like it. this is a totally normal post and you're a normal healthy guy

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

They added Lacey Evans?????

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont know that blonde who sucked at the royal rumble

you're going to have to be way more specific

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

cams posted:

The problem is that smarks hate admitting emotional investment into wrestling angles outside of just straight up workrate.

This angle is extremely hot and somewhat ironically the whining about Charlotte Flair is making her a bigger star than she has ever been. This is just the angle people asked for them to give Roman Reigns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is like if when Jay White went "Hey Tanahashi you're a busted washed up old man!!!" Tanahashi went "You're right, I am."

Oh, poo poo.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
this extremely hot angle that is driving viewers away in record numbers

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Drew McIntyre posted:

this extremely hot angle that is driving viewers away in record numbers

I don’t think a 20 year long trend is Becky Lynch’s fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Power Windows posted:

I know Corey probably buys into it anyway, but what is with Boomers having a raging boner for millenials hating on millenials for being millenials?

It reinforces their lovely worldview.