Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
lol https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47201923

Germs are not a real thing, along with

• climate change
  • democrats who love america
  • poor people who own a refrigerator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I used to work with James D. Watson and he also didn't wash his hands after using the bathroom

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
man on tv makes obvious deadpan joke. internet is very concerned as its facade of being savvy and "getting" jokes falls to pieces

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

quote:

"We live in a society where people walk around with bottles of Purell (a hand sanitiser) in their pockets, and they sanitise 19,000 times a day as if that's going to save their life," he said.
I dunno, probably?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

gary oldmans diary posted:

man on tv makes obvious deadpan joke. internet is very concerned as its facade of being savvy and "getting" jokes falls to pieces

Can you teach me the way of Jokes

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
two posts in and we got a guy defending a poopy handed millionaire lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Actually he doubled-down on it on Twitter and then started a #dontwash tag about it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Big Beef City posted:

Actually he doubled-down on it on Twitter and then started a #dontwash tag about it.

Yeah, it's either his real opinion (which it is) or he's pushing way too hard for a 'joke' and there'll be enough people who follow this in earnest that it's just as damaging, because people are loving stupid.

Wash your goddamned hands you loving garbage person.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hammerite posted:

Can you teach me the way of Jokes
that ship has sailed but you can work on your reading

Big Beef City posted:

link in the op posted:

Mr Hegseth later told USA Today that his remarks were intended to be a joke.
internet doubles down on not getting jokes

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Vulture Culture posted:

I used to work with James D. Watson and he also didn't wash his hands after using the bathroom

I work with a bunch of infectious disease doctors, one of whom I have seen leaving the stall without washing his hands on a regular basis. I pretty much wash my hands compulsively knowing what I'm getting in regular contact with through research.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I wash my hands with soap every time i make a post, because that's what my mother taught me

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

you can't see radio waves but i bet he believes in his cell phone

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

internet doubles down on not getting jokes

Whatever you need to keep feeling right about your opinion.

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018
Science deniers should be denied the benefits of science.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

squid pro quo posted:

very reddit of you my dude

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

yeah because people on fox news are known for being humorous.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Blast of Confetti posted:

two posts in and we got a guy defending a poopy handed millionaire lol

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

squid pro quo posted:

Nah, they should be forced to get the benefits, but told it's all due to demons.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

Whatever you need to keep feeling right about your opinion.
is this the internet equivalent of exiting a conversation by slamming your bedroom door and turning linkin park up to max volume? i like it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

is this the internet equivalent of exiting a conversation by slamming your bedroom door and turning linkin park up to max volume? i like it

No, it's just you insisting you're not wrong again like you always do when confronted.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

No, it's just you insisting you're not wrong again like you always do when confronted.
i entered this conversation telling someone else theyre wrong you dolt

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Pox News

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

lol this dude was gonna be head of the VA

We would have had even more Vets dying of preventable diseases since he'd refuse to budget out for handsoap or sinks in the hospitals.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
obviously you get sick because of ill humors

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Much like the rest of GBS, I hate jokes and refuse to consider them.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
It was pretty obviously a joke guys. You're getting trolled by a guy from Fox News.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

The Dregs posted:

It was pretty obviously a joke guys. You're getting trolled by a guy from Fox News.

DiggityDoink posted:

yeah because people on fox news are known for being humorous.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Leave it to the Americans to take a hilarious comedy show for a real news channel

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
People who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom are known to us at work. We have a list - both of the urinal bandits and the people who straight up don't wash after a poo poo.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Colonel Cancer posted:

Leave it to the Americans to take a hilarious comedy show for a real news channel

lmao

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
50% chance that guy is joking. 50% chance he is retarded.

100% chance you are retarded if you got angry about this lol.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
You actually have a microfauna of organisms on your skin and if you constantly sanitize or wash you wipe it out and then bad poo poo can grow. I know a few MDs and nurse practitioners who got HPV, warts, MRSA, whatever on their hands because they were compulsively sanitizing them all day.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you know like warts & hpv are viruses, that are not really living things and just whenever they bump into a suitable cell they jab their dna into it right

maybe i'm wrong but I don' know of anything that eats a virus and I don't know that you would be ecologically protected from viruses by not washing your hands

also has anyone considered that the actual casuse of sickness is night airs???

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as it becomes obvious the sly fox man got me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The layer of oils your skin produces is the protection. It's a barrier that keeps your skin surface from drying out, breaking and allowing infections to get in.

You should still uh wash your hands after you poo poo.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
this sounds like bs

sickness isn't because you have dry skin it's because of evil spirits and the envy of witches

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you know like warts & hpv are viruses, that are not really living things and just whenever they bump into a suitable cell they jab their dna into it right

maybe i'm wrong but I don' know of anything that eats a virus and I don't know that you would be ecologically protected from viruses by not washing your hands

also has anyone considered that the actual casuse of sickness is night airs???

Look everyone, it's autism man where everything in his world is all or nothing. The point is you should stop touching loving everything with your grubby paws so you don't have to constantly disinfect your hands.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249958/

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Fox news man knows that you only get diseases from being in a foul miasma (generated of course by smelly immigrants) and can only be cured by bloodletting and rebalancing your humors.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Really if you just follow the homeopathic principles, you'll be very safe and healthy. A little bit of anything has great effect - a tiny bit of filth, disease or poop is bad news!

Thanks to the homeopathic science however we have the perfect way to counteract these dangers. Live in filth, literally eat poo poo and bathe in disease and you will be practically immune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

twerking on the railroad posted:

Fox news man knows that you only get diseases from being in a foul miasma (generated of course by smelly immigrants) and can only be cured by bloodletting and rebalancing your humors.

:hmmyes: