Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Beefeater1980 posted:

Is that Kew Gardens in the final one?

Or some American botanical gardens that copied it?

It's the Seattle Volunteer Park Conservatory: (Yes, Americans probably did copy it.)

and contrary to what we thought, that was not the San Monica Pier from the first game that we saw in the Twitch stream, it's actually Pier 57 Seattle:

Hope ya'll ready for some rain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I want a Vampire game with alternate stories for players who want to run as a Giovanni necromancer or a Settite looking to awaken their dark lord.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

super sweet best pal posted:

I want a Vampire game with alternate stories for players who want to run as a Giovanni necromancer or a Settite looking to awaken their dark lord.

The last one did a decent job of differentiating between the vamp clans I thought. Although the story didn't really change overall.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's mostly cosmetic changes if you run as Malkavian or Nosferatu. The latest version of Clan Quest Mod however does a good job setting up a new third act with limited ressources.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Even the cosmetic changes are more than what a lot of modern games offer for different play throughs.

I just beat VtM: Bloodlines again for the 4th or 5th time and I'm more than a little excited.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Bring in Lasombra antitribu. Giovanni necromancer would be fun too. I mostly always stuck to Tremere in VTMB.

Capadocians were wiped out, weren't they?

Genuinely excited for this thing. Hope I'm not hyping myself up too much :D

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Let us play Sabbat :black101:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Capadocians were wiped out, weren't they?

For the most part. I think there are a handful in cannon that parade around as Harbingers of Skulls.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
From this post: https://twitter.com/PdxInteractive/status/1108749599131516928 it appears that the event will start at 19:00 PST. I'm ready to know wtf this is all about.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

If you participate in the thing tonight you get "in-game rewards"

this doesn't really clarify what kind of game they're teasing since outfits on their own don't indicate much, pretty much every game genre these days uses pre-orders and stuff to pimp cosmetics

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
That's giving me a real strong The Secret World vibe, though.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I know they're pants but the black text box really makes it look like the bodyguard is wearing a skirt. Which would be awesome

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

This kind of incentive reeks of a cosmetic monetization model. It's not a good omen.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

No perfume bottles of Arachnophoria: Taste The Spider. 0/10 would not climb up the walls again.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wiegieman posted:

This kind of incentive reeks of a cosmetic monetization model. It's not a good omen.

Welcome to paradox

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Cappadocians were the original Clan of Death and had a very religious, academic, and mystical bent. In 1444, Augustus Giovanni, Cappadocious' final childe, led a conspiracy of his descendents to diablerize his sire, after which they hunted the parent Clan to extinction and renamed their new clan after themselves. The Harbingers of Skulls are pre-war Cappadocians who escaped across the Shroud between worlds and hid in the land of the dead for about five hundred fifty years, after which they reemerged and allied themselves with the Sabbat. The Sabbat were pleased to get a faction of powerful necromancers on their side, since this was right around the time all the Tremere Antitribu vanished.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

wiegieman posted:

That would imply some type of multiplayer, guess we'll see!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mr. Maggy posted:

That's giving me a real strong The Secret World vibe, though.

I would be totally up for a single player version of The Secret World set in the Vampire universe.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I think its more The Secret World always gave a really strong VtM:B vibe.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Secret World But Without The Stench Of Funcom All Over It would rule.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
If this is an mmo or some bullshit, I'm going to be salty.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
weren't they working on an MMO for like 8 years already

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

TheAgent posted:

The EVE guys were when they had the license before Paradox bought it from them.

Also echoing that if this turns out to be an MMO I will be miffed.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

That was CCP before they sold the rights to Paradox. I feel like the fact that a company that already had experience making MMOs failed at it should be enough to dissuade Paradox, a company with no experience related to MMOs at all, from trying.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
well it'll have some social features or multiplayer prob since their marketing is heavily skewing in that direction

I'm just happy to get another WoD game. even if its VtM redemption 2 or whatever

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I got all excited and made a tender account hopefully this is cool as hell

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TheAgent posted:

I'm just happy to get another WoD game. even if its VtM redemption 2 or whatever

I would be stoked for another Pissed-off Christoff game.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Here's what's happening at paradox right now

Edit- top right is a countdown; another hour and a half looks like

Edit2- I'm not sure about this but it looks like you have to link your tender account to your twitch account to get the items?

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 22, 2019

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fingers crossed it looks good.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Frog Act posted:

If you participate in the thing tonight you get "in-game rewards"

How do I get this screen?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
fyi

moths posted:

How do I get this screen?

I had a popup on my screen on twitch.com saying drops were enabled and a button that said 'link my account'

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

hard to believe its been 20 years since that came out

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Vakal posted:

Spin-off game starring the Malkavian in redemption.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Huh. I'm watching on the app so I guess I GET NOTHING.

E: oops, go here
(link: https://twitch.tenderbeta.com)
twitch.tenderbeta.com

moths fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 22, 2019

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Bloodlines 2 was confirmed on Discord???

https://twitter.com/PdxInteractive/status/1108915634908229632

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I love when stuff like this leaks out just a little bit early than was supposed to

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

That's a dream if its true, BUT WHO IS THE DEVELOPING TEAM?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Thank god because this crew hasn't even unlocked station alpha yet they suck poo poo at vampire clubbing

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The discord has officially closed itself off except for the welcome page roughly 286 people read enough to click the blood drop and get to actually post in the channel I'm among the blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Lmao you can't enter the discord anymore, this really was someone's gently caress up