Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I don't understand the Outfits you get from the editions, are these for someone else? I thought this was first person.

edit wait what if you can take Ghouls and dress them up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lassitude posted:

Considering they apparently lit up a bunch of elder vampires I'm guessing if you encounter them you're basically hosed as a fledgling. Would make a fun ending sequence for when you break the masquerade too many times, though.

I mean this could be a throw back to game 1 and explain how you get your clan: you get captured by the feds and get experimented on and forced to diablerize another inmate.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

the panacea posted:

I'm mad I missed it whilst it was up on the epic sale.

that poo poo was wild, what was epic thinking

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
how many times do these companies need to learn this, first gameplay videos are the sole window into how the game feels, you HAVE to have someone competent demo it, this isn't poo poo you just throw out and hope it gets forgotten!!!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I wonder if it's a sign of quality or confidence (or even lack of). I assume Epic approached them and looked at the game and one side said: yeah thanks.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Mage the Awakening - Fallen World Chronicle Anthology

it's a collection of p cool (and disturbing) short stories from the nWoD Mage setting

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Vavrek posted:

Los Angeles doesn't have any heavy hitters on the Camarilla side (the sherrif, I guess)

arguably Jack too, he may be high generation but he makes up by being the smartest tactician in the whole city

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ephemeron posted:

...and Antediluvians were all in torpor because they were waiting for the magic to come back. :ohdear:

Every Pentacle and Seer and Nephandus comes together for a huuuuge party!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
wait why are there skins and costumes, is this gonna be games as a service with battle pass etc?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
a well designed level during day, basically a super stealth mission, would be cool

but super easy to gently caress up so yeah

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Tourette could also just be lying, covering up your past is a natural thing. Think about it, there is a huge effort made to tell your story without a Sire breathing down your neck, yet not a single named Vampire has one either. Or they seem to at least, because hiding that fact is prudent.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pwnstar posted:

Being a vampire should be cool and good otherwise nobody would be one.

:shobon:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Caidin posted:

I just vant to suck someone's blood you weirdos.

that is The Beast talking, it is a weakness

follow the coils of the dragon to find golconda, find the strength to reject The Beast

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cavauro posted:

i heard this game is adding in a lot of little points around the map where you can do one of four randomly generated missions that repeat over and over, to replace a lot of the overly complex story beats that were cut

to do what? grind for money and xp?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kavak posted:

I'm in the exact same camp, though this is probably a product of "PUBG/Fortnite is literally going to take over the world make a Battle Royale NOW NOW NOW" and now the trend is dead but this is pooting out.

would you say the trend is... undead?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sierra Madre posted:

lol Malkavian spotted.

wow

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Insert a Name Here posted:

Really now a d10? Huh.

always has been

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I've been playing the vampire mod for CK3, and to me the "war in the middle east" is just my 5th generation Salubri combat monster still kicking Baali rear end.

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Qawiyya_el-Ghaduba although in the real canon she is a Defender and Architect :ssh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Angry Lobster posted:

What's that mod? Can you share a link, please?

And yes, Qawiyya is a strong girl.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/mod-princes-of-darkness.1414717/

btw a lot of stuff is still missing, since it's a beta

for example there is no downside for high Blood Potency, you can imprison other Vampires as easy as mortals, and there is no real downside to negative Piety

so yeah here I am, a devout childe of Samiel busy defending christendom, staring a basically self-enforcing diablerie mechanism in the face

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Xinlum posted:

Man I was really enjoying Coteries until it just abruptly ended extremely suddenly into a wet fart of an ending. Is Shadows any better?

it's better imo (solo PC helps I guess), but still way too short, I took like 4 hours

well for a visual novel that's not short I guess, but you will miss some parts (a Lasombra Embrace should feel way slower and more personal for example)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
more like Cringo amirite

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
what the gently caress

they don't even know who is developing this???

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I mean on Steam you can still refund it, I know I did.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
drat rope kid really is lurking everywhere

I got curious about ex-obsidian guys, Kevin Saunders and George Ziets (made Mask of the Betrayer) are basically free agents now... :pray:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

George Ziets started his own company. I'm not sure if Kevin Saunders works there now.

yeah that's what I meant, they have their company and could theoretically do this: https://digimancygames.com/our-story

but then again it says they started a thing last year already so rip

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kraftwerk posted:

Did anyone else feel let down by the "Good" ending in Shadows?

yes

I also loved Julia, it's a testament to good writing that we spend so little time inside her head and still get her

and then they run out of time for the ending so they do a "rocks fall, the hero wins" (would have been nice to first see the rocks at least)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
playing Night Road for the first time, and I think I play hard mode by accident:

Ventrue that feeds on older men

like, in tabletop that's easy mode, but here I can't just spend 1 blood to dominate someone to get 1+x blood in return, also since I can't just ghoul anyone, and in addition you lose a lot of blood in just a few sentences without any input from myself

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ZearothK posted:

Out on the 25th, in fact.

[edit]As an aside, I always felt Icepick Lodge's The Void to be very clearly inspired by Wraith: The Oblivion.

VR only? booooo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mumbly posted:

Oh dear, that walking animation.

...Eh, I'm gonna end up playing it anyway.

oh god

and yeah :/

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

dead gay comedy forums posted:

ZA/UM has cracked the formula to make Storyteller games, all a studio needs to do is to emulate their system for WoD

AUSPEX [Medium - success]: Well now, check these bad vibes all around here. Maybe the guy we're looking for has anything to do with it?

INTELLIGENCE + OCCULT [Formidable - failure]: It might look that way, but nothing stands out in particular. These glyphs mean something, probably, who knows.

WITS + INVESTIGATION [Challenging - success]: somebody was around, that's for sure. Besides the obvious like the smell of dinner being cooked, that raincoat... Is that blood?

true but also impossible, you'd need to hire tons of writers and editors to colaborate (like ZA/UM had) and that will never happen in AAA or even AA

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah you could make a game about a sleepwalker caught up in a metaphysical crossfire situation without giving them the insane agency mages have

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lightningproof posted:

So gross/inevitable how he shouts out the Wesp patch guy who is fully on-board the "Avellone's accusers are careerist liars" truther train.

D: I liked those patches

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
fwiw Choice of Games announced their next Text adventure https://store.steampowered.com/app/1290350/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Out_for_Blood/

sadly not by the same writer as Night Road, but I guess these and Visual Novels are all we'll get

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Helical Nightmares posted:

Welp this is the Vampire game publishers think will make money next.

Vampires with crafting.

Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZt90OPsxdc

Can't wait to have my Prince of the Night cut down a thousand trees to make a fort.

early thoughts:
so dumb and yet so easy to fix: don't gather wood like a peasant, gather peasants to gather it for you

but then the sick nasty gameplay happened and now im even more confused, just skip the woodchopping part jeez

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
alright another way to fix the crafting: make it over the top vampiric

like you bite the tree and rip out the wood, you mindcontrol the pig to jump itself into the oven, you grow insanely big claws to shear the sheep etc

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Vampire or gamedev, it's never a good idea to make stake holders angry.

lol also boo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yes

also it should be "nearer" than the CK3 mod, where you play so far up everything becomes strategic (there are some neat roleplaying scenes but nothing to (for example) show what happens when you impose blood taxes etc)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ataxerxes posted:

Changeling the Lost and Geist the Sin-Eaters are both awesome and I wish someone made a game of one of them.
who's gonna write Changeling without causing you to die from banality?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Vampire: The Masquerade - Heartless Lullaby is playable on Steam as of right now :toot:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1926120/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Heartless_Lullaby/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MonsterEnvy posted:

Is Bloodlines 2 still dead?

no? read the last few pages for the discussion