Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
First daft punk now this :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I wish bloodhunt was just the failed asymmetrical pvp game "Nosgoth"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I feel like VTM:B has really colored my idea of the Vampire the Masquerade setting. It's just so infused with a like, both a cynicism and camp that is paradoxically also really purehearted. It has a tone that a lot lf WoD vampire games dont that I really love, but I still love the CYOA and VN games

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Lmao gonna double post to say "genuine cynicism" is sort of s mischaracterization. But that VTMB definitely has a genuine disenchantment that is permeates early aughts, and hell, 90s media that I find really relatable, especially with the Camarilla as a stand-in to being disenchanted with the status quo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Specialization is super important, it's much better to do two things, usually fighting people and persuading people or being smart, than to be able to do a bunch of stuff mediocrely

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
My first game I played Caitiff and owned everyone

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
What I really like for builds in Night Road is specializing your skills in things your powers dont cover. I dont even know if power use ever checks skills, but if you play a Nosferatu and just straight up turn invisible you dont have to invest in sneaking stuff imo. Dont know if the game systems support that though lmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I feel like at least in Night Road you never really hurt for blood unless you get super hosed up in combar and need to mend

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I really like maxxing potence cause you can just not put any points into combat and them if you're ever threatened just use your vampire strength to murder people

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Aye Doc posted:

well obviously, i mean it's plain as day that cuno is a malkavian

Cuno is a Brujah, and Night City is his Carthage

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I really liked Parliament of Knives but it feels weird because so much of my experience interacting with the Camarilla is as a tolerated outsider so just being high up in it was a novel narrative experience

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Randallteal posted:

All that's left is for PDS to take the reins themselves to get it out the door like with Crusader Kings 1. Bloodlines 2 will now be a dark, sexy map game.

Bloodlines 2 will be paired with Paradox sleeper success "March of the Eagles".

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
kotor 2 pwns

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You dont have to detonate the nuke

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Reveilled posted:

Only in the sense that you can decide to quit the DLC and not complete it. If you want to complete the DLC you have to launch the missile in the silo, and then travel through the nuked area to reach Ulysses' lair.

Yes, Ulysses does say you dont have to fight him and can turn around and leave.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You can just say you wanted to blow up the nuke

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Yes, so you detonated the nuke, which Ulysses said is bad because you value chasing him more than not detonating nuclear bombs. . .? I dont see the disconnect

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I don't think youre supposed to take Ulysses telling you you're a bad person for doing that as a word of god judgment from the author. Meta-textually it might work better that there is no alternative than just choosing to not continue the dlc because it creates resentment in the player towards the character of Ulysses that mirrors your character motivation.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dont think Darth Revan was a fascist

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Inzombiac posted:

I didn't play Blood Hunt a ton (I don't like competitive games) but good lord it was fun to zoom around and climb buildings.

It wouldn't be right for a Bloodlines game but they'd be smart to use the core of BH for something else.

Nosgoth 2

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I support the troops.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
How do Gangrel deal with werewolfs, do they just avoid each other?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Here's how an elder vampire would fight a werewolf, theyd buy an agribusiness to deforest their home and then when the werewolf kills too many humans the second inquisition would.show up and murder them

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Vampires are the most important cause they have the most games made after them. Topic Locked.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

CainFortea posted:

You can't dominate someone to be self destructive. And each ST might differ on where that line is, "go poke that Nightmare So Terrible It Has Become Genetic With This Sharp Stick" is probably over that line for most of them.

Most of the time, especially in medieval times, no they stopped living normal human lives. But even if they did, and you get a bunch of peasants to pitchfork a sleeping homid werewolf, you *still* run the risk of getting splattered cause they can death frenzy. And if that happens and you're there with your peasants you are very likely to become paste and the werewolf will walk it off.

I'm a Tzimisce and the Romanian peasants are also hosed up monsters

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

citybeatnik posted:

Him and EL DIABLO VERDE, KING OF THE SQUARED CIRCLE. Once you max out your various physicals you're basically a walking wrecking ball.

this guy seems badass

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Maybe vtmb2 could never be good because so much of what made it great was the writing, which owes a great debt to the time the game was made in.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

a7m2 posted:

Can you give some examples? Not being combative, just curious.

All I can think of that's kinda (but not really) similar is Enderal, a mod that threw out Skyrim's story and made a much better one in its engine. It's a built on a pretty generic RPG engine but otoh TCR has had several years to make appropriate changes and additions to the source code and is reusing a lot of assets.

I don't think Bloodlines 2 will be good, but I don't necessarily think it's because the story was rewritten.

The difference being that Enderal's development team didnt write skyrim's story. There's a marked difference between modders writing a new story for a mod theyre creating for a game and developers being induced by a publisher to completely scrap the story of a previous dev in order to write a new narrative so they can make release

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Not that it's necessarily a kiss of death, plenty of projects have bounced back from requiring significant rewrites to even entire reworkings. But then again plenty of projects end up like Bioware's Anthem, as well

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
How can you guys think the trailer is bad.... youre literally loving Dio machine gun punching people. pearls before swine....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

CainFortea posted:

You're just mad that you couldn't come up with anything better. :colbert:

Nihil Exsanguinator