Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

This is going to be great ether way though, either we get another vtm game, or we get to watch a poo poo storm sweep across the internet with a fury not seen since people found out tracer was gay. It shall be glorious :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

That's a reboot yeah? Could be interesting, and a good way to move on from the VtM:Whatever games.

What's the difference though? Wikipedia just says they borrowed bits.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Tantrums aside, apparently there will be a playable demo at PDXcon this year. PDXcon being paradox's autofellatio-festival blizzcon.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Crabtree posted:

Welp, I guess that's it then. Nossi and Ventrue are the other 2.

Do we know that for sure? I thought the only confirmed leak was the Toreador.

...I just want gangrel :(

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Crabtree posted:

We haven't even seen the spread page on the website yet, because I'd love to hear details on the clan. I'm guessing its gonna be Presence use in dialogue choices and as a way to influence both combat and social environments. Will they still have double humanity losses and gains?

I'm just preparing for the most boring and logical choice at this point. Nossie for sewer runs and Ventrue because DOMINATE~

I wonder if they'll include Waelkyrige Gangrel in game to spice things up.
Literal Valkyries? I'm in.

Ventrue will be one of the remaining clans, if only because they've already shown the requisite City-shot-from-on-high-with-wineglass. I feel like Nosferatu might get skipped to avoid creating an entire seperate experience of only sewer levels.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

True, but most cities do. I feel like Nosferatu will require a lot of clan specific content though, what with their whole horrifying to look at so keep out of the public eye shtick.

And that says to me that they'll be less likely to be a playable clan, at least on release.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Honestly the only clans I'd actually like to be in are gangrel and malkavian, otherwise I don't really care which clans make it in. Definitely pass on the ventrue in favour of Nosferatu though.

You're right in that the problem wasn't that there were sewers, but that the sewers were awful.

I was going to argue that the Nos would require work that no other clan would see, but ideally that would apply to all of them, plus with this being a hub system I feel like you'd be able to see most of it regardless.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

I do like that toreador power, seems thematic. Somebody's going to make zoolander though...

And while entrance seems situational, it worked in assassin's creed. Might depend on what the upgrades are, hopefully results in combat buffs or something so you can throw minions at people.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

You say this like it's a bad thing.

I don't know how I feel about it to be honest.

McSpanky posted:

I'm sad after seeing that there's going to be Discipline sharing after all, I was hoping that if sharing was in at least different clans would use different powers to differentiate themselves. Oh well, I'm sure at least there won't be any straight 1:1 copies with just two clan Disciplines each.

While I do agree that it's a little sad there's going to be overlap with disciplines, I'm also happy that toreador's got celerity. Just wouldn't be the same otherwise, you know?

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Angry Lobster posted:

Oh god no, not a freaking Fianna.

This is a bad thing because...?

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

YaketySass posted:

People say "they just fight and get drunk".

Trying to be positive, and all I've got is 'blank slate'.

It's going to be bad, isn't it? :(

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Crabtree posted:

They also have had a history of tying themselves to Irish politics and The Troubles. Including having Fianna being on both sides of the conflict. Many immigrated to North America due to the potato famine. Etc.

... Is their traditional greeting "top of the morning to ye" as well?

Not going to lie, the tied into Irish culture stuff seems like it could be fine, assuming it was handled well. The gift there implies it was not.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

El_Elegante posted:

I pre-ordered. I want to be mocked if the game is horrible.

I put an alert in my phone.

Going to hold off on the pre-order myself, at least until we've got something more tangible to go on.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Crabtree posted:

In possibly worse white wolf news, all Big Ben has released so far of Werewolf the Apocolypse: EARTHBLOOD is a website. Blond skinhead could be the only variant our protagonist comes in.

Aww poo poo. Weren't we apprehensive enough already?

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Thanks for putting me onto night road, thread. I honestly wouldn't have picked it up, but I tried the free version from mobile and I'm having a ton of fun.

Are the dlc worth picking up immediately? Or wait until I've hit the end?

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

WrightOfWay posted:

If you are really interested in one of the DLC clans go for it, but the vanilla game is very good and stands on it's own.

Definitely interested in a couple of the Secrets clans, less so in the outcasts. Cheers for the recommendation.

Any opinions on the werewolves games by the same people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

WrightOfWay posted:

I'm assuming you mean the Choice of Games werewolves games? They're really good but not World of Darkness werewolves if that's what you are looking for. They have two other V:tM games planned, one you play as a hunter and comes out July 29 and the other is focused on Vampire politics in Ottawa which is supposed to come out sometime this summer.

Ah, shame. Thought they were vtm-wolves.

I'll see how I feel after this game then, it's mostly the vampire universe that I'm looking for at the moment.

The Hunter book should be interesting though.

That BR looks like a ton of fun to run around in, but probably awful to actually play, in can never get into them