Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I'm interested, but I kinda hope it doesn't tie back into VTM:B directly. It would be weird seeing those characters again with different writers and actors (or the same actors but fifteen years older). If this is set in the old WoD, it would be kinda cool if they did it as a 90s period piece like the new Resident Evil 2 remake, but probably not given the ARG stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Bumping off the rich so you can become rich is not much better. Now if there was a clan or something that could diablerize other vampires to feed some kind of shared potency pool...

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I've never played Bloodlines as a clan with celerity, but it always looked like the coolest power.

Edit: honestly I could use a "skip Santa Monica" option at this point. I barely remember Chinatown, but I've done so many runs that peter out in late Downtown / early Hollywood over the years.

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 13, 2019

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
One of the things I love about VtM:B is how you meet a bunch of characters with very different personalities early on that you can ask basically the same questions of (stuff like "what's the Camarilla?" "Who's Lacroix?") and they all give you slightly different answers based on their prejudices and point of view. Tung acts like he's letting you in on a secret and telling you how it really is, Beckett plays it cool like he's above it all, Strauss is a smug prick about everything, and Skelter is very down to Earth and mystical. I also love how the game basocally guides you on a tour of Lacroix, Strauss, and Nines when you first get to Downtown and each character poo poo talks the others out of the sides of their mouth because they're all hostile to each other but technically at peace.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

what decent dev studio would even touch this thing now

"Curses aren't real, fool" - Spiders, maybe? Harebrained Schemes? IDK.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Consider: what if Pathologic 2 except you're a vampire.

I would play it. As far as rip-offs go I would also play VtM themed Hitman (using vampire powers to do assassinations would be fun, but playing as a hunter trying to sniff vampires out in different settings would also be fun.)

I don't think there's anything wrong with the original Bloodlines template honestly. Deus Ex HR / MD had basically the exact same gameplay mix and the latter was a little disappointing but the gameplay wasn't the problem.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
PS5 Spider-Man but with this character model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVmXsBNfwHY&t=133s

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
It's a shame we never get Lost in La Mancha-style documentary projects to go along with failed video games. You always hear about all the work that gets thrown out with new revisions and do-overs on long running or failed projects. It would be neat to at least have a video documentary of the team showing off the work they did and in-progress assets and what would have been cool about it / where they went wrong.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I bet there are a load of incredibly obnoxious elder vamps who use archaic words / pronunciations in everyday speech and correct anyone who doesn't. Also probably wannabe elders who copy them or even make up their own weird linguistic idiosyncracies to sound fancier.

Is age impersonation a thing with vampires? The way Lacroix talks about being in Napoleon's army and Nines talks about the great depression in Bloodlines makes me think there are definitely vampiric nobodies out there telling anyone less experienced than they are that they're hundreds of years old and were present at every major historical event. I wouldn't even be surprised if Lacroix's fancy lad backstory was partially made up to make him seem more important, although I don't think there's anything in the game to back that up.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
You can only inspire so much confidence when you won't even say who's working on it. :v:

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I don't think it's HBS either, but good luck speculating when we don't know what Paradox was unhappy about, how far they got, or how much of Hardsuit's work they're keeping. It could be "still in active development" in the same way Duke Nukem Forever was in the mid 2000s where they kept scrapping and rebuilding it. Pdox probably isn't going to get a AAA developer to take over Hardsuit's work, so set your expectations appropriately. HBS has at least shipped several successful projects without drama. If new devs are taking over the project it might be someone with fewer qualifications than them.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
All that's left is for PDS to take the reins themselves to get it out the door like with Crusader Kings 1. Bloodlines 2 will now be a dark, sexy map game.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

frajaq posted:

wheres the game

Some say dead. Others that it was never real in the first place. Some say it's sleeping the years away, waiting for a signal from somewhere in Sweden to wake up and eat all of the nerds' wallets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Lucinice posted:

I still wanna know why they had to fire Brian Mitsoda

Originally I thought they just decided they didn't need him any more, but since they got rid of the original premise it's probably safe to say they didn't like the creative direction. It's probably not worth thinking about too hard right now. I'm sure people will be speculating about it for years to come.

My only takeaway is they should have just said who the new team was when they started working on it instead of hiding it and folding it into the "relaunch" like this. Unless TCR wasn't able to publically commit to it until now for some reason.