Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I legit don't understand why anyone likes watching Boston Rob. He's just such a douche. And not in the good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I liked him well enough at first with diminishing returns.

Redemption Island remains the only season of Survivor I just straight up have not watched outside of like 10 minutes and have no regrets.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

About s40 https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/tv/2019/7/15/20695177/survivor-season-4-edge-of-extinction-why

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Aerox posted:

The fundamental reason Survivor works as a long lasting game is the jury. The reason the game is so interesting is because you have to convince the people you’ve treated badly in some form to give you money.

Once the jury is gone, Survivor is a game show that doesn’t last more than a year or two.

This is a great point, I hadn't thought so explicitly on how key the jury aspect is. Which I guess points to really the one bad twist or thing to mess with on survivor is the jury. Like, having the jury be everyone, and then have everyone hang out together all month bonding.

edit:

Ahahaha, now I'm curious if they kept the twist because when they set it all up, they had not yet seen either that the twist sucked rear end & that people hated it OR they already knew it was lovely, but is still the most obvious way to get the most out of their ULTIMATE ALLSTARS cast? Especially now that they know that a good way to win the game is to spend it all on Extinction chillen.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 16, 2019

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It would rule if the jury could vote "none of them" and if that sentiment is in the majority the jury all gets Redemptioned and a second mini season plays out with them

I mean, except that it would happen every time. But the first time would be funny

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
EoE aired before they flew out the cast for S40. It's almost definitely to get the most out of appearance fees.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ApplesandOranges posted:

How do you feel about Rob possibly winning on both his 4th and 5th games?

The 4th game was bad enough. Of course Boston Rob is going to mop the floor with newbies on his 4th game out.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Maybe it will stop at the merge :ghost:

If appearance fees is the issue start ponderosa from the first boot so people are encouraged to buy all access

Was edge of extinction actually popular outside of online fan groups? I enjoyed it up to the merge, mainly because we’d never got to go through the experience of being one of the first boots and dealing with that fall out. Post merge it was just a mess.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dugong posted:

If appearance fees is the issue start ponderosa from the first boot so people are encouraged to buy all access

Was edge of extinction actually popular outside of online fan groups? I enjoyed it up to the merge, mainly because we’d never got to go through the experience of being one of the first boots and dealing with that fall out. Post merge it was just a mess.

It seems to be it'll play out til Day 35 like before, so... best hope is that there's no free idol this time.

Rick was apparently super popular, and the finale was... divisive. You either hated it because of the out of nowhere winner, hated it because Rick got cut, or loved it because it was just an eleventh hour chaotic mess that made a laughing stock out of production. The only way production could have hated it more is if say, Julia won instead of a fit young passably white male.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

It's pretty incredible that you have been watching this show and posting in this thread for years, and think production would be mad that the big fit male challenge-strong player won the game because he took advantage of BOTH end-game mechanics that benefits the big fit male challenge-strong player.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

It's pretty incredible that you have been watching this show and posting in this thread for years, and think production would be mad that the big fit male challenge-strong player won the game because he took advantage of BOTH end-game mechanics that benefits the big fit male challenge-strong player.

It was the wrong one though. They wanted the OTHER one!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Spergatory posted:

It was the wrong one though. They wanted the OTHER one!

They should've thought about that BEFORE they cast three generic charmless lunkheads!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm only three episodes into Game Changers but I have to say I'm kind of shocked that Brad Culpepper seems to be playing an okay game.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I'm only three episodes into Game Changers but I have to say I'm kind of shocked that Brad Culpepper seems to be playing an okay game.

This apologia for his original game is a good read: http://funny115.com/v3/84.htm

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Dugong posted:

I think it was the enticement to get the previous winners to sign on. Q:"So far I'm undefeated. What do I have to gain from playing again and probably getting voted out before the merge?"
A: Even if you're voted out early you can stay on and possibly get back in the game.
S38 was the trial run for the concept and it didn't go as planned but they stuck with it.

ApplesandOranges posted:

EoE aired before they flew out the cast for S40. It's almost definitely to get the most out of appearance fees.

I hope Tony does an impression of the Wardog.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

They should've thought about that BEFORE they cast three generic charmless lunkheads!

Yo, the season 33 lunkhead, Ken, is actually pretty cool. He's kind of a shy bullied kid in the body of a male model.

On ep6 now
The showmance between generic hot white girl 1 and this seasons idiot surfer boy is cracking me up because they are so loving oblivious to everything around them. The guy in particular is a huge dumbass, he was like openly whining when she suggested they hold off on PDA for a while. He thinks he has the numbers so he can do what he wants, but the other person with them loving hates their poo poo too! I truly hope they gently caress and get pregnant and the update to their life is they are fat and have awful kids.

Michaela and Hannah together on a challenge was hilarious. Hannah seems like she'd be really frustrating to work with hahaha

Ahahahah Michaela: "Yeah but there's three of you, if you can't figure out how to work together you get sent home"

Oh man, I'm so pumped to see one of the couple get voted off just to see the one left behind squeelin.

hahaha Jeff is an ordained minister and offered to marry them right there.

oh poo poo! I legit did not expect figgy to get voted off kyaahahahahahahaha, I thought this dude Adam was going to no-balls it but he done did it. Good call getting her out too, the dude is loving dumb as hell, and I don't think people will find his reaction to it endearing. Unless they merge ASAP, seems like this dude whose name I don't even remember outside of his couple-nickname is screwed, not a fan of him

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 17, 2019

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ep7.

Michaela "bye felicia'd the news of figgy leaving." She is amazing, she's the one I'm rootin to win. I do get the feeling she's going to be hilarious at the wrong time to the wrong person eventually though.

Michelle: "I'm not going to change who I am for the game" in reference to her tribemates who pigged out and are doing mad gas releases. This is how I know she doesn't win. If she won't even do a fart to win, then what else won't she do?

Oh jeez, Adam's move is already backfiring? They are starting to see this dude as a loveable idiot, because he has dumbass nonpinions?

Ah gently caress. Michaelas bout to go home isn't she? She just laid out this plan with rocks and seashells and like made herself seem like the ultimate threat. Taken out by some florida bandana-rear end donger.

"You did it, we didn't ask for slingshots!"

Well gently caress. Michaela's gone. Can anyone tell me if this is worth not just speedrunning at this point? IDGAF about anyone else right now. Goddamn, if Jay could've held his poo poo in for one more goddamn day we coulda had Michaela post-merge, in jury, maybe winner. Oh, I guess Ken is still here but no way he gets too far, right? blegh

Ep 8

Okay, there are people I want to see lose so found new motivation. Jay seems like a goner, he's already thinking he's a kingpin, but the death stare Michaela gave him after the blindside would obviously curse him to fail inevitably. Jay and surfer douche gotta fall, please. Otherwise I guess Ken and Zeke are aight, maybe worth a tenth of a Michaela.

L M A O Adam trying to work with the dude who swore vengeance on him, to blindside an ally of taylor. Like, taylor seemed kind of like an eventual sitting duck but Adam just handed him a bunch of steam on an platter. Taylor just straight up stole and hid food, got seen by 2 people, and I think Adam's idiotic move here will keep him alive this time. Somebody random is going home I feel it. Or Adam, but I really want to see this reward steal used.

Jeff really proud of how much harder they made this nickelodeon slime challenge.

It's now gone on for 1.5 hours with 2 adam and jessica. Holy poo poo, I think you tell a difference between their tans from start of challenge to an hour and half + standing in straight sun.

Hmm Adam is deffo going home, he's caught lookin like triple agent. He really couldve played this alright but he straight spazzin out.

Welp, Michelle went. Really kind of an odd casualty when aiming at two or three other players that would have been more effective targets? This is like, a weird warning shot? Give them time to spazz out and retaliate. Jay or Taylor would have been sensible targets.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 17, 2019

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The Fall of FigTails is amazing because they would have been extremely obnoxious if they went on further. But because everyone got sick of them and booted Figgy, she’s a perfect premerge villain.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hahaha Taylor and Jay wolf down the rest of the stolen food and now it looks like they're swinging this tribal back at Adam. All three of these dickweeds have got to go, but I feel like Taylor has officially come out as straight up villain that he will now be strung along to the end because everyone knows everyone hates them.

Nevermind they sent his rear end home.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

Khanstant posted:

Ep 8

Welp, Michelle went. Really kind of an odd casualty when aiming at two or three other players that would have been more effective targets? This is like, a weird warning shot? Give them time to spazz out and retaliate. Jay or Taylor would have been sensible targets.

In the new era of many immunity idols, the merge vote is often not a huge threat but rather a safe target unlikely to have found an idol or unlikely to have one played on them.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The merge vote is like the first vote - 'anyone but me, go for the safe option'. After that, lines become a bit more rigid and you can start playing around a little.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
S40 stuff:

Are you ready for another twist? Because you're going to get one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Ahahaha gently caress off Survivor

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This show is just so far up its own rear end at this point I don't know how they could get out. Why would you need any gimmicks to sell this season other than bringing back winners and raising the prize stakes???

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

what the hell this sucks let em play Jeff

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If you think these people would play without agreeing to as many QOL advantages as possible then you’re crazy.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Bigass Moth posted:

If you think these people would play without agreeing to as many QOL advantages as possible then you’re crazy.

Here's a great QoL advantage: A 1-in-18 chance at TWO MILLION DOLLARS.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Come on in guys!!!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I watched the Zeke/Varner episode today.

I get that Survivor can mess with your head but man, gently caress Varner.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Season 40 is not the time to try experimental new bullshit. Jesus gently caress. :doh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Spergatory posted:

Season 40 is not the time to try experimental new bullshit. Jesus gently caress. :doh:

Hold on to your butts, we don't know what they did in 39 to practice for 40 yet.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

Hold on to your butts, we don't know what they did in 39 to practice for 40 yet.

Love Island is actually s39 :eng101:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

How has it never occurred to them to just make the auction without advantages or loved letters or poo poo like that. Just food, and gross food! It IS fun to see hungry people eat. It's not fun to see them powergame in what should be an old fashioned animal fight over food.

I pray these changes are only there to appease this particular cast. They should just call it Baby Ponderosa

Oh snap, so nearing 33 has a beeg episode and this tribal gets a lil nuts. This boston guy starts getting all pissed off about the fact theyre like talking at tribal or whatever, it was funny to see him so impatient with all the chatter but he technically was right I guess. What I'm curious is if Adam just psyched David out to make him misplay his idol. If so, mega lol, ballsy moves.

hahaha they're going to rocks!! These goddamn idiots what!!!

drat, Jessica out, what a lovely way to go and one like easily avoided.

Ahahaha Adam is the worst despite being such a tryhard. He's like stuck in the sand on this loved ones visit challenge and groanin like an idiot, being all "im sorry evan augh."He's not even like trying to improve his situation just kind of being pathetic. Even his brother kind of shrugs and is like trying to find someone else to focus on lol

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 18, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Have you considered you might be a dick?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I am a dick but are you saying that because I'm laughing at someone putting on a show?

Hannah has actually been pretty fun in tribals, good tribals need someone there to be appropriately shocked or excited when the crazy poo poo goes down.

Was DvG David's second or third season? It seems like he's playing better this season than he did from what I remember of him in DvG?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 18, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Khanstant posted:

How has it never occurred to them to just make the auction without advantages or loved letters or poo poo like that. Just food, and gross food! It IS fun to see hungry people eat.

we found the person that actually watches mukbangs, amazing

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Khanstant posted:

I am a dick but are you saying that because I'm laughing at someone putting on a show?

Hannah has actually been pretty fun in tribals, good tribals need someone there to be appropriately shocked or excited when the crazy poo poo goes down.

Was DvG David's second or third season? It seems like he's playing better this season than he did from what I remember of him in DvG?

David wasn’t in DvG. You may be thinking of Christian. He was in EoE instead.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If a video wasn't worth watching start to finish, they wouldn't let them put it on youtube.

David's fake idol is pretty good, we've come a long way since that fuckin stick.

ApplesandOranges posted:

David wasn’t in DvG. You may be thinking of Christian. He was in EoE instead.

Well I was thinking of David, or meant to, but since I can't even remember the season, I am probably at best blending people together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

Khanstant posted:

EOI was David's second, he wasn't on DvG.

edit: whoops, beat to the punch