Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Max posted:

Here's a funny story from the Funny115 that Eliza wrote about regarding the camera people when she went to look at the fake stick idol for the first time:

I'm probably the only one who thinks that the whole Eliza/stick thing isn't super hilarious. She still tried to play it at Tribal Council. I get it -- there's no harm for her to do so, as the worst case is Jeff says it's not an idol, but if it was so obviously "just a stick" and not an idol, I feel like that assessment would have been better served in "Survivor" lore had she just throw it down at Jason's feet and laughed at him for being such an imbecile to believe that it was authentic, and NOT tried to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's got a face though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, there is no harm whatsoever in attempting to use an idol you are fairly certain is fake, since all that happens is it gets thrown in the fire if that turns out to be true. It would be interesting if they implemented some sort of penalty for using a fake idol, maybe.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I guess you can kinda look silly in front of the jury by doing so, depending.

I can't remember if we've seen people try to play fake idols for other people though.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sand Monster posted:

I'm probably the only one who thinks that the whole Eliza/stick thing isn't super hilarious. She still tried to play it at Tribal Council. I get it -- there's no harm for her to do so, as the worst case is Jeff says it's not an idol, but if it was so obviously "just a stick" and not an idol, I feel like that assessment would have been better served in "Survivor" lore had she just throw it down at Jason's feet and laughed at him for being such an imbecile to believe that it was authentic, and NOT tried to play it.

She played it to blow up Ozzie’s game. Whether that’s a good thing someone just being voted out should do or not is up to you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

ApplesandOranges posted:

I guess you can kinda look silly in front of the jury by doing so, depending.

I can't remember if we've seen people try to play fake idols for other people though.

Has anyone that's actually been fake-idoled made it final tribal though? Most of the time it's done to stop someone from continuing to look for the real idol, though in the last two seasons it's also been done to straight up humiliate someone on their way out for no reason, which has been a detriment to the person that made the fake idol.

Nick in DvG made a cool move where he played his own fake idol for himself to guage the reactions from everyone else at tribal to determine if he should play his real one. That was an actual interesting use that didn't exactly work out but it ended up not mattering that much for him.

Max fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 25, 2019

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hahaha what the gently caress This Ghost Island mechanic sounds like something a WoW expansion designer came up with. His idol starts at power level 1, but he can pick bamboos for a chance to increase the idols power by 1 level if he wagers his vote at next tribal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpBEUfXwLak
This had me cracking up hard, I don't think I ever even saw him rap

OH lord, here's a sample. watch?v=uFXYqluB9PU

You'll have to paste that into youtube's URL if you want to watch, it's not okay to just link.

edit: On this challenge Wendell beat first but didn't call out to Jeff... could he have argued his point and then like made them do an instant replay or something?

Okay finished the season. A tie felt right and I guess this is kind of where the "beating biggest remaining rival at fire" seeds get planted. I'm guessing the reasons everyone hates this season is the billion different game advantages and idols n poo poo?

edit: OH gently caress. DvG is next. Okay, so I'm caught up now.

I can really look back at this past year of binging on Survivor and reflect at how empty my life is and how poorly I spend my time

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 29, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Sand Monster posted:

The immunity idol in Australian Survivor looks like someone found an animal skull and glued some stones and sticks on it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/jessicalewis89/status/1157015985171378176

RIP Rudy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rudy still alive. Just has Alzheimer’s.

Shocking Jessica Lewis spreading misinformation.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Eh I deserve some blame myself for posting that here. Sorry about that, I clearly should have fact checked some more.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A LOT of survivor alums assumed it was true, don’t beat yourself up too much.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Binary Logic posted:

The immunity idol in Australian Survivor looks like someone found an animal skull and glued some stones and sticks on it.

gonna be a fun season of killing and skinning rats to make fakes

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Spokes posted:

gonna be a fun season of killing and skinning rats to make fakes

Immunity idol vs Hidden Idol.

Though I haven’t been watching. Maybe their hidden idols are skulls as well. It’d be a lot of work to procure and clean animal skulls for fakes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Max posted:

A LOT of survivor alums assumed it was true, don’t beat yourself up too much.
I saw Rob Cesternino tweeted a RIP yesterday. I didn't realize until right now it wasn't true!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Zesty posted:

Immunity idol vs Hidden Idol.

Though I haven’t been watching. Maybe their hidden idols are skulls as well. It’d be a lot of work to procure and clean animal skulls for fakes.

There is a crudely made fake HII in this season of Survivor Australia.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
RhaP did a mock Survivor season using the Brant Steele simulator site, for the characters of Lost season 1, along with another surprise participant. Really funny and amusing, as they delve into character motivations for what happens during the season using the background of what happened on Lost.

Lost spoilers and some random Survivor spoilers as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWcAB4383eA

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Colton just did an AMA and, for what it's worth, the guy seems to have genuinely grown up from his initial appearances (which, well, I'll give him a tiny bit of leeway since he was 20).

Not the one I expected to have gone through a reconciliation, but I'm not gonna complain.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
s39 cast is up, if anyone wants to start daydreaming a new thread

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Looks relatively short on mactors, huh.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah I'll get a thread up a week in advance.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Survivor s39: Set your DVRs so you can watch it after The Masked Singer and AEW

(I actually don't know how many people here also watched The Masked Singer but I know there's a decent bit of wrestleposter crossover)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

IcePhoenix posted:

Survivor s39: Set your DVRs so you can watch it after The Masked Singer and AEW

(I actually don't know how many people here also watched The Masked Singer but I know there's a decent bit of wrestleposter crossover)

Yeah if I want to watch a guy with muscles win a fixed competition I'm def gonna watch AEW over this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9VkrdLsbwo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pinterest Mom posted:

Looks relatively short on mactors, huh.

They probably had to increase the # of fans so the castaways actually would know who Rob and Sandra actually are.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFEwRliQNqY

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I actually find the clarification on the twist really encouraging. It's not just like Ghost Island where you get sent to maybe or maybe not get an idol. You actually have to do relevant poo poo for it. Sure, maybe it shafts screentime for more Sandra/Rob confessionals but we'll see.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Shneak posted:

Sure, maybe it shafts screentime for more Sandra/Rob confessionals but we'll see.

Yeah, one advantage Ghost Island had is when it was a boring player going there they could quickly yadda yadda through the whole segment in about 1 minute. That feels less likely to happen with Rob and Sandra there.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll try and make sure a new thread is posted tomorrow. In the meantime, if anyone has any good thread titles (there might have been some good ones already posted, I'll look back!), please share. Any other info, jokes, or images for the OP, I'll toss it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:frogsiren: New thread!