Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
i have zero friends, not joking, and i love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Twat McTwatterson posted:

That's a lie because I'm your friend.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

RFC2324 posted:

Ok, one thing I was going to make a comment on from your first post was the lack of reference to societies. It is just because its synonymous with social group, or do they fit in elsewhere?.

This is intentional. When speaking about things like speech, bigotry, social interactions getting into the weeds of "yes but culturally" or "well X group did Y thing and they're perfectly fine!" will usually derail any meaningful discourse. At least in my experience, which is also something we should address. The majority of discourse and rhetoric happens between regular-rear end emotional human beings. We're all informed by our inherent bias and community status, whether we admit to it or not. So, when engaging internet know it all types, like yours truly, you must choose to validate or disregard their observations, within the immediate context. So, when you introduce larger topics to something that's in motion, it can become difficult to hold a productive conversation. That being said, were the larger view (society vs. community) induced as a transition into the main focus through a natural flow, nobody would bat an eye. Unless it is a dead gay internet speech community, then there might be trouble.

I hope I'm not coming off as terse. This is a topic I'm very interested in, I want to make sure I'm stating things clearly. I've been told that makes me sound like a dick in writing.

We're best friends, now. Suck it, nerd!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ben Smash posted:

This is intentional. When speaking about things like speech, bigotry, social interactions getting into the weeds of "yes but culturally" or "well X group did Y thing and they're perfectly fine!" will usually derail any meaningful discourse. At least in my experience, which is also something we should address. The majority of discourse and rhetoric happens between regular-rear end emotional human beings. We're all informed by our inherent bias and community status, whether we admit to it or not. So, when engaging internet know it all types, like yours truly, you must choose to validate or disregard their observations, within the immediate context. So, when you introduce larger topics to something that's in motion, it can become difficult to hold a productive conversation. That being said, were the larger view (society vs. community) induced as a transition into the main focus through a natural flow, nobody would bat an eye. Unless it is a dead gay internet speech community, then there might be trouble.

I hope I'm not coming off as terse. This is a topic I'm very interested in, I want to make sure I'm stating things clearly. I've been told that makes me sound like a dick in writing.

Actually I'm his friend so please leave the thread and do not post to him any longer.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

But I know my local bar has some board games, and if you tell the bartender whats up they will try and get you a game. stick with it and you might play someone else too.
i passed by a bar the other day that had all the lights out and everyone was watching jurassic park on like a 60 inch screen. gonna follow up on that place

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

gary oldmans diary posted:

i passed by a bar the other day that had all the lights out and everyone was watching jurassic park on like a 60 inch screen. gonna follow up on that place

that definitely sounds like the kinda bar one should visit.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

JebanyPedal posted:

Actually I'm his friend so please leave the thread and do not post to him any longer.

FINE! I'll go! But before I leave forever remember this: I am very smart and charming.

Edit: wowee that's a lot of typos in my big post up there. Sorry, I'm on the train and I am posting one-handed. While this is usually the norm, this time my other hand is holding on to a pole attached to the train, rather than my body.

Ben Smash fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 15, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ben Smash posted:

FINE! I'll go! But before I leave forever remember this: I am very smart and charming.

Edit: wowee that's a lot of typos in my big post up there. Sorry, I'm on the train and I am posting one-handed. While this is usually the norm, this time my other hand is holding on to a pole attached to the train, rather than my body.

Why is your penis part of the train.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I have activity based social groups like dudes I box, do jujitsu, play soccer or work out with and we may get a beer after but that's about the extent of my involvement.

I have roughly 6 close friends I see for funsys

And a bunch of internet friends I've known since like high school and college cause of steam, sa and online gaming

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i've been real lucky in life, i have several very close friends who are amazing people irl, my boss is incredibly cool and i'd consider him a friend, and i know tons of people online who are awesome too.

sorry for all the people who are lonely or isolated, i hope you can find some decent friends someday. it's never too late. and people who are happy being alone, that's good too. life is short, be happy first and gently caress the rest of it.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

JebanyPedal posted:

Why is your penis part of the train.

Well, you see, when several men are horney for a single lady, they link arms and form a magical choo choo train.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sorry. you have friends now. :glomp:

Ben Smash posted:

No worries, you are goodposting here :) I am enjoying the hell out of reading your discussion.

gary oldmans diary posted:

I need to know where this place is. it sounds amazing and you should totally check it out.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nut to Butt posted:

i get together with a dozen of my bros and we patrol the limits of our territory, killing any strange males we encounter

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

have you never encountered a street gang before?