Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's 2019 and the 3ds ain't dead. If you're like me and have patrician tier tastes, you're still playing your 3ds in 2019 & beyond. The Nintendo 3ds is home to one of the longest most godly libraries in gaming history. *thinks back fondly & asks u to do the same* One of my first IZ threads was asking for 3ds game suggestions, and now 4 or 5 years later I am the proud owner of like 600 3ds games I never got around to playing. Not to mention Etrian Odyssey Nexus just dropped and Persona Q2 is out this June. Keep on rollin' baby.

https://backloggery.com/synthy

I'm gonna try to actually use backloggery this time. Add me to your multitap friends list if you want. I'm just going to keep it at what I'm currently playing so I don't psych myself out from the sheer weight of games ahead of me.

Currently Playing:
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

On Deck:
  • Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Beaten:
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I have SMTIV and Samus Returns on deck. A lot of win in my future.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Biggest titles waiting are DQ7, DQ8, SMT 4 and SMT:A. I've also got the Devil Summoner titles. These JRPGs are incredible win and it's terrible I haven't finished them yet. Gonna put DQ8 at the top of the backloggery. I'll hopefully have it done by 2022.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been playing Pokemon Ultra Moon on and off, very comfy game. SMT4A is definitely next on the list (on normal, im not that brave or patient) and i'll most likely replay both OoT and MM 3D this year. great little system

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Until the past year my spending and backlogging habits were so hosed up that it would take me a whole day off to fill up or update my backloggery every time that I gave up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

been playing Pokemon Ultra Moon on and off

Have a thread you might like. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881661

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Until the past year my spending and backlogging habits were so hosed up that it would take me a whole day off to fill up or update my backloggery every time that I gave up.

Same. That's why I adopted the single game update rule for myself.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Pocket card jockey is the only 3ds game i need.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i gotta finish majora's and samus returns which i was really liking before i stopped playing. also dragon quest 7 i think

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

Pocket card jockey is the only 3ds game i need.

I play this from time to time, I love high/low solitaire ftw. I never understood the breeding though

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I just picked DQIV back up this morning and plan to finish that over the next couple of weeks and then start another Etrian Odyssey game. Probably Untold. The 3DS library is insane

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i have a long road ahead of me, but im already dedicated to it

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Working on finishing up A Link Between Worlds, then I might check out Samus Returns.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

currently playing Fire Emblem Awakening, on deck are Radiant Historia remake, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga remake, Tales of the Abyss, probably SMT4 and 4A after those

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Spoderman posted:

I just picked DQIV back up this morning and plan to finish that over the next couple of weeks and then start another Etrian Odyssey game. Probably Untold. The 3DS library is insane

4 isn't very long at all, you can beat it in like 25-30 hours. :cheers:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ove been playing a PIRATED copy of rocket slime 3 on and off for a bit. Thanks intendo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate again recently because I have a disease

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I do wanna play that Mario & Luigi re-release though since I've never played any games in that series except Paper Jam.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i haven't picked up my 3ds in over a year but probably have around 100 must-play games just waiting to go.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's 2019 and the 3ds ain't dead. If you're like me and have patrician tier tastes, you're still playing your 3ds in 2019 & beyond. The Nintendo 3ds is home to one of the longest most godly libraries in gaming history. *thinks back fondly & asks u to do the same* One of my first IZ threads was asking for 3ds game suggestions, and now 4 or 5 years later I am the proud owner of like 600 3ds games I never got around to playing. Not to mention Etrian Odyssey Nexus just dropped and Persona Q2 is out this June. Keep on rollin' baby.

https://backloggery.com/synthy

I'm gonna try to actually use backloggery this time. Add me to your multitap friends list if you want. I'm just going to keep it at what I'm currently playing so I don't psych myself out from the sheer weight of games ahead of me.

Currently Playing:
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

On Deck:
  • Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Beaten:
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

good luck with apocalype mode .. war was enough for me. while this may sound like Im telling you how to play like some kind of Games poster you should at least consider this bit of advice: get a demon with a skill that lets you escape from battles (trafuri? think its called that) or youre gonna hate the final dungeon

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

This is a good thread, I'm gonna go play SMT IV when I get home or maybe Etrian Odyssey

I always just get high and play roguelites so I have a huge collection of great games i've never played

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

good luck with apocalype mode .. war was enough for me. while this may sound like Im telling you how to play like some kind of Games poster you should at least consider this bit of advice: get a demon with a skill that lets you escape from battles (trafuri? think its called that) or youre gonna hate the final dungeon

I bumped it down to war mode at King Frost lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is it cool to list my DS backlog too. I've done a lot of 3DS and DS gaming already this year. They're godlike handhelds

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

been playing radiant historia in between sessions of other games. the battle system is very cool.
I’ll probably play strange journey afterwards.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Is it cool to list my DS backlog too. I've done a lot of 3DS and DS gaming already this year. They're godlike handhelds

Oh hell yeah.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
i miss having a ds and regret selling my OG years back. how hard is it to get old stuff like meteos and the castlevanias? am i doomed to never get to play retro game challenge again?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kull the Conqueror posted:

i miss having a ds and regret selling my OG years back. how hard is it to get old stuff like meteos and the castlevanias? am i doomed to never get to play retro game challenge again?

I think DS games are pretty plentiful but there's also a lot of bootlegs out there. Honestly getting a DS flashcart is a great investment, they're really cheap

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Here's my 'log:

Currently Playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (the 3DS remake). I'm enjoying it but the more I play M&L games the more I'm convinced that the first one was the best.

On Deck:

3DS:
Bravely Default/Bravely Second
Fantasy Life
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies/Spirit of Justice - Might hold off on these until I beat the Miles Edgeworth games.
Dragon Quest VII/VIII - Had playthroughs of these going but got distracted as usual - Might hit up 8 again after Mario & Luigi.
Shin Megami Tensei IV - Had a playthrough going of this too, got up to Tokyo and again got distracted lol.

DS:
Ace Attorney Investigations 1/2
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Pokemon HeartGold - I've really never played much Pokemon besides first gen, I heard a lot of people considered second gen the best and that the DS remakes are really good.
Dragon Quest V - Been meaning to do another playthrough one of these days.

Beaten:
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (True Ending)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (True Ending and Julius Mode)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (True Ending)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe (All Stages/Sun Stones)
WarioWare Gold

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This thread got me to charge my 3DS. Will probably play some Theatrhythm today, and maybe restart SMTIV. I beat 4A but I never finished IV, it came out when I was still in the noobeh phase of liking SMT (had only played persona 3/4) but I wanna go back to it now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kull the Conqueror posted:

i looked into getting the castlevanias recently, theyre available but also like $40 each

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i should probably just buy etrian nexus and persona q2 asap before the 12 copies printed run out and gamestop throws out all the game cases and theyre $150 each

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh yeah... THAT happened

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got all ds castlevanias a few years ago for pretty cheap when i was playing through the series. Shame they're pricier now...

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

i should probably just buy etrian nexus and persona q2 asap before the 12 copies printed run out and gamestop throws out all the game cases and theyre $150 each

nexus is already getting hard to find and its only been out for a week lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh yeah... THAT happened

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I have a lot of DS and 3DS games.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SMT4 overworld map is a bit confusing and will only be worse if you take long breaks between playing. If you plan on starting it, plan on going balls deep. That's my one tip/warning.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Currently Playing: Samus Returns

Unfinished:
Persona Q
SMT 4
Ace Attorney Trilogy (tbqh I beat the first game and thought it was neat but also that was enough for me)

Future:
Strange Journey Redux
Persona Q2
SMT 4:A

I've also had DQ 4-6 for DS from a clearance sale for years but I keep running into other jrpgs to play

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i hosed up badly by ignoring jrpgs for a decade and now it's gonna take until like 2021 for me to catch up with all the ones I'm interested in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

SMT4 overworld map is a bit confusing and will only be worse if you take long breaks between playing. If you plan on starting it, plan on going balls deep. That's my one tip/warning.

This is exactly what happened, I put it down for like a month and then spent a while trying to figure out where the next dungeon even was.