Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

In Training posted:

This is exactly what happened, I put it down for like a month and then spent a while trying to figure out where the next dungeon even was.

This is me right now i put the game down for a year and i come back with no idea wtf is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Depending how far along you are you might just want to restart. It's especially tough because it's not even a big map but traversing the actual paths available to you at a given time is a pain. The map is the best update in Apocalypse by a macaroni mile

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tales of Woe posted:

yeah i hosed up badly by ignoring jrpgs for a decade and now it's gonna take until like 2021 for me to catch up with all the ones I'm interested in

theres something about jrpgs where ill not play them for a year and then get one and feel like a dumbass cuz they rule

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JRPGs ftw.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Depending how far along you are you might just want to restart. It's especially tough because it's not even a big map but traversing the actual paths available to you at a given time is a pain. The map is the best update in Apocalypse by a macaroni mile

i remember having to use a guide several times just to know where the next objective was. characters would give you really vague directions "yeah the ueno district is south of here" and it was one specific building in bufu way off to the east

that and the rough start are the only big bad things i could say about 4 though, its still a really good game

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I listen to SMT IV's soundtrack a lot when working, it's powerful.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7M_g_LJn3Q

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

this

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

theres something about jrpgs where ill not play them for a year and then get one and feel like a dumbass cuz they rule

yah basically. I won't play one for months and then all of a sudden I'm playing eight hours a day for days in a row

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

elf help book posted:

For me I’ll play like 80% of a jrpg and then stop for 6 months and then the end of the game gets really hard because I’ve completely forgotten how to play it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Also, IT you played Apocalypse before 4? dafuq

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I restarted a link between worlds last night. Dqviii is also in progress but I played too many jrpgs lately and need a break.

I also want to try hey pikmin, I got it for my wife and it looked pretty fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Also, IT you played Apocalypse before 4? dafuq

No I played about 2/3rds of 4 when it came but just never finished it.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Just picked up Majoras Mask now that it’s discounted. Planning to pick up the new Etrian Odyssey soon. I’ve somehow never played Mario 3D Land, so I’m gonna pick that up sometime, and the Luigi’s Mansion remake

I’ve got Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Luigi’s Mansion 2, and Radiant Historia on my backlog as well. Not so huge currently as far as 3DS games, but I’ve been building up my DS backlog more lately

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I do wanna play that Mario & Luigi re-release though since I've never played any games in that series except Paper Jam.

Paper jam bowsers inside story and the og mario and Luigi are good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kull the Conqueror posted:

i miss having a ds and regret selling my OG years back. how hard is it to get old stuff like meteos and the castlevanias? am i doomed to never get to play retro game challenge again?

Just pirate ds games

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

I’ve been feeling like playing more 3DS lately so this thread came at the right time. I never finished SMT4 or Pokémon Sun and once I finish the switch game I’m playing rn I might start up one of those.

I also set up an SD card full of DS roms so I might start DQIV or Chrono Trigger at some point this year too.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The best change was making enemies not completely invincible when they smirk and also preventing you so partner from giving bosses 10 free smirks in a row imo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Finally starting DQV thanks to this thread :tipshat:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Has anyone played The Alliance Alive? I played the demo a while back and it seemed cool. Might gently caress around and add to my pile.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the DS version of dq5 is awesome. the spritework for monsters is so good

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Has anyone played The Alliance Alive? I played the demo a while back and it seemed cool. Might gently caress around and add to my pile.

That seemed like a really neat RPG that had the misfortune of releasing in the wake of the Switch. I want to try it out eventually (and Legend of Legacy, even though I heard that’s not as good)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I stumbled on a copy of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+ today so I guess that’s the first game on this year’s 3DS backlog. I ignored the game for years because I assumed it was a spinoff of Assault Horizon (which sucked) but it’s actually a remake of AC2, and even takes place in Strangereal and everything. I feel bad for not buying it on the eShop before it got removed but oh well.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

• Picross e2
  • Picross e3
  • Picross e4
  • Picross e5
  • Pokémon Ultra Moona
  • Picross e6
  • Picross e7
  • Pokémon Picross
  • Picross e8
  • Picross e9
  • Picross 3D: Round 2

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I haven't used my 3ds in a while but I would like to try Theatrythm multiplayer one of these days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man...we should do some new Mario Golf tourneys

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I stumbled on a copy of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+ today so I guess that’s the first game on this year’s 3DS backlog. I ignored the game for years because I assumed it was a spinoff of Assault Horizon (which sucked) but it’s actually a remake of AC2, and even takes place in Strangereal and everything. I feel bad for not buying it on the eShop before it got removed but oh well.

Holy poo poo i never realized this and now I need it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Oh man...we should do some new Mario Golf tourneys

Absolutely

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Post your friend codes, I'll put mine up when I get home

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

5301-1479-1131 if we’re gonna do some golfin

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

0404-8789-9303

IT if you're Dave then we're already m8s

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Link between worlds is a masterpiece

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm like halfway through Link's Awakening on the 3ds virtual console and now i don't know what to do with myself.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GameCube posted:

i'm like halfway through Link's Awakening on the 3ds virtual console and now i don't know what to do with myself.
You should probably finish Link's Awakening.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

came in to make a joke about how a back log = a turd but im down for mario golf tourneys

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I....I must buy a DS

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GameCube posted:

What the hell, man. The remake doesn't make the original obsolete. Clear Link's Awakening, then one day when you feel enough time has passed to go through it again, play the remake. Enjoy the differences in the two versions to the fullest, having played both. Congratulations. You're living the gaming dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Beaten.

Now I'm going to brainstorm my EO Nexus team all day until I get home.