Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i will 100 smt iv or die trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Trash Ops posted:

i will 100 smt iv or die trying

I tried to do this with SMT IV: Apocalypse but I gave up on the "Famed" demons that can only be obtained randomly by failing a fusion. Good luck.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Playing through Ultrasun but I did not appreciate the hour of cutscenes before getting pokeballs.
I liked Sun but it was very slow and full of endless cutscenes, is Ultra much different?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the last case in apollo justice got weird.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ted Tonated ftw

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

WFH has given me a lot of opportunity to dig the old 3DS out again and dink around on it during meetings. Having a blast with SMT Devil Survivor.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Playing through Etrian Odyssey Untold for the first time and I kind of love drawing my own maps. Also really enjoying the hilariously out of place jazz soundtrack.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Parker Lewis posted:

Playing through Etrian Odyssey Untold for the first time and I kind of love drawing my own maps. Also really enjoying the hilariously out of place jazz soundtrack.

lmao came here to ask people about EO. The only one available in EU for under 150 quid is V so I picked it up. What r peoples thoughts about the series?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EO is really good. They make them at 2x the rate I play them but they're comfy so it's nice to know there's always more

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

The soundtracks kick rear end. Yuzo Koshiro kicks rear end. They're really fun games, but Nexus is a good choice to get into the series, for sure. It's probably more accessible overall for any number of reasons and all of the classes rule.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lmao came here to ask people about EO. The only one available in EU for under 150 quid is V so I picked it up. What r peoples thoughts about the series?

5 and 4 are both great intros to the series, 5 is straightforward while 4 has a bit more classic rpg overworld exploration stuff and it has lots of small side dungeons. nexus is solid but its also extremely long so it might be tough to get into for someone not used to the pacing of the games, imo. anyway those games are a lot of fun if youre into planning out your team composition or coming up with strategies for tackling a nasty boss fight

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My 3DS stopped working so I finally had the perfect excuse to pull the trigger on an eBay listing for a "New" 3DS XL. My last one was just an XL

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

My 3DS stopped working so I finally had the perfect excuse to pull the trigger on an eBay listing for a "New" 3DS XL. My last one was just an XL

Nice dude. Leave it under your pillow at night and uncle at nintendo will break in and hack it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Am I the only one intimidated by this purchase? The cost of a second hand one is insane, but my fat ds and ds lite are still rock solid, like with Nintendo’s hardware generally. I’m nervous to drop that kind of money on eBay for a second hand electronic that’s this re be my I guess. An old n64 or snes I wouldn’t be scared to buy at all.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I got the tude now posted:

Am I the only one intimidated by this purchase? The cost of a second hand one is insane, but my fat ds and ds lite are still rock solid, like with Nintendo’s hardware generally. I’m nervous to drop that kind of money on eBay for a second hand electronic that’s this re be my I guess. An old n64 or snes I wouldn’t be scared to buy at all.

this is my fourth DS lol. The first one was a regular DS lite new that I dropped once on the train and it never worked again, then got a 3DS from a second hand shop. Then upgraded to an XL from the same shop which is the one that stopped working now a few years later and the shop is closed forever due to covid. So I'm risking it all on an eBay one. Original box, stylus, and charger with it and allegedly no on screen scratches. Im just keen to try the new 3D because I hear it works way better from any angle

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I got a refurbished new 3ds xl three years ago and i've used it more than my switch i bought on launch day

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nice dude. Leave it under your pillow at night and uncle at nintendo will break in and hack it

All u need to do is take a picture of a qr code now so if u dont hack it and end up buying 3ds games in 2022 u are legitimately stupid

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

All u need to do is take a picture of a qr code now so if u dont hack it and end up buying 3ds games in 2022 u are legitimately stupid

Thats too much of a hassle since i already have my card info saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
V excited to further pad out my 3DS backlog with panic eShop purchases. I don't think I got any further with the OoT 3D Master Quest playthrough I posted about years ago lol