Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've been listening to some Ace Attorney music and I want to get back into the series.

I've played all of the mainline games except for Apollo and Spirit of Justice. I know people had a mixed reception to Apollo when it came out; should I skip it and go to Spirit or track a copy down?

Well you already skipped Apollo and did Dual Destinies yeah? So it's not the worst thing in the world to skip to Spirit of Justice.

That said, Spirit of Justice is - despite having the "Phoenix Wright" prefix - truly another Apollo game and does really great things with his character. So even though Apollo Justice is definitely the low point of the series, it's worth playing for getting the full Apollo story. And it does have at least one good full case and a great intro case.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

yeah I did DD forever ago.

Hmm I do like a good intro. Maybe I'll check it out, thank you!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played through the first four AA games in the last year and while I'd definitely say Apollo Justice is the weakest of the four, I still really enjoyed it and I think it's definitely worth playing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've been listening to some Ace Attorney music and I want to get back into the series.

I've played all of the mainline games except for Apollo and Spirit of Justice. I know people had a mixed reception to Apollo when it came out; should I skip it and go to Spirit or track a copy down?

apollo's allright. sort of

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Whatever you decide, look forward to SoJ it's arguably the best game in the whole series. I've almost finished replaying it and man do I wish they would announce a new one.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the SOJ prosecutor guy looks cool as hell and has awesome music! I can't wait to find out what his deal is.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Regy Rusty posted:

Whatever you decide, look forward to SoJ it's arguably the best game in the whole series. I've almost finished replaying it and man do I wish they would announce a new one.

The end of SoJ was the first time in the series I was super excited to see what they'll do next

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

the one that shu takumi made is almost fully fan-translated if u have a way to play that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

the one that shu takumi made is almost fully fan-translated if u have a way to play that

I don't sadly. Maybe someday though.

elf help book posted:

The end of SoJ was the first time in the series I was super excited to see what they'll do next

It's so open ended I'm really curious what the next step will be.

Man it'll probably make the transition to the Switch too.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

EO Nexus Godly Tip:

You get an exp share item early on in the story. Create a secondary team of all Farmers to keep in your barracks. Once they get a few levels you can use them to easily rake in extra crafting items and money thanks to their passive abilities. AND, if you want to be a real rat bitch, send them into each new labyrinth floor to use their "show hidden things" skill. Mark everything with a question mark then come back with your main party. No need for searching every floor meticulously any longer. :hehe:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm playing A Link Between Worlds and it's an amazingly fun and satisfying remix of a game I'm far too familiar with. I really like being able to rent basically every tool from the get go so I can just explore the whole map. There are a few temple treasures but for the most part you get most everything available near the start. I feel like they carried that idea into BotW by giving you your basic playthings right away.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The 3DS slaps but I have so many games I need to play on it. Help me prioritize goons-

Fire Emblem Awakening
Ocarina of Time 3D (Master Quest)
Pokémon X
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Bravely Default
Kid Icarus Uprising
Monster Hunter Generations (post-game)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Castlevania: Order of Eclessia (90% done)
A Link Between Worlds (Hero Mode)
WarioWare Gold (post-game collectibles grinding)
Resident Evil Revelations
Azure Striker Gunvolt
I've also been messing around with the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo and it's p dece

Nintendo sent me a download coupon for my birthday, thinking of smoking it on EO4 or Metroid Samus Returns.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 2, 2019

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Aside from Pokemon, all of those are winners.. but I'd say Bravely Default or EO4 for sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was also gonna suggest Bravely Default, but OoT3DS is also a surefire bet

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Aside from Pokemon, all of those are winners.. but I'd say Bravely Default or EO4 for sure.

What's wrong with Pokey mans if I just want to bomb through the campaign?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

C-Euro posted:

What's wrong with Pokey mans if I just want to bomb through the campaign?

Honestly it was just boring as gently caress to me. Though I've been out of the PokeRealm for a while, so idk if I'm the right person to speak on it. Black/White put me off and I was hoping X/Y would rekindle something for me but it did the opposite. There are some real bangers on that list you should play first imo.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

If you're going to play a Pokemon play Sun/Moon. X/Y are fine but boring Nd nowhere near as good

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Bummer. On the bright side I got X for free so it's not like I wasted money on it I guess.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

It’s s fine game to just bomb through as you said.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

its funny how enthusiastic she is about adding quests and updating the info. i love her

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
so you did that .. and this at the same ... wait! that means ... theyre both the same quest! congratulations, master.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gonna leave this here for future reference: https://reinasakuraba.github.io/EO-Skill-Sim/eox/ EO Nexus team builder

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

What’s the best current production ds?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frenz posted:

New 3DS XL or New 2DS XL if you don’t care about 3D. A lot of games in the past few years don’t even have 3D anymore.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i got the new 3ds xl because i figured its probably gonna be the last device ever to use the 3d tech and i didn't want to miss out on that. it's a cool option to have but in retrospect i would have been fine with a 2ds xl and those have better colors

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Thank you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its time for smt4a. i wish the 3ds wasnt a huge pain to stream

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

its time for smt4a. i wish the 3ds wasnt a huge pain to stream

Hell yeah

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is 4A any good? I bounced off of 4 at launch because the horrible world map made me angry among other things but I'm otherwise a big fan of the series

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's great but the story won't make any sense if you just jump to Apocalypse

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm gonna to back to 4 at some point. I'm trying to pick up some 3DS games that look interesting/good before they shoot up in value. I'm looking at 4A, Ever Oasis, Devil Survivor 2 remake and Radiant Historia

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

I loke the normal new 3ds because they're chibi (small) which makes them more kawaii (cute)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lugi's Mansion is so fun. My man has so many fun little animations and an actual personality, he is truly the superior brother.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Lugi's Mansion is so fun. My man has so many fun little animations and an actual personality, he is truly the superior brother.

youre insane

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[post reserved for the infamous mario blasting 5 luigis through the head with a gun picture]

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Luigi's Mansion 2 confirms that Luigi is trapped in a personal hell of increasingly horrible places, which is where he belongs.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I should probably play this. I never have, not even the original

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think it's really underrated as far as console launch titles go. I remember being really impressed by the dust and particle physics when I first played it. Charging full price for a port of a nearly 20-year old game is kinda silly though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Definitely add the 3DS one to your backlog, it's a good time. I haven't played the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the first one is on 3ds too