Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Isabella's thing seems to be her eyes changing, or her fake smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

Yeah, that's my point. Isabella has her gaze change and a creepy smile while Krone's mouth, lips, and nose get bigger and then her gaze changes and gets a grotesque smile.

In any case, it is pretty goddamn racist and while I personally can just kinda ignore it there is really no excuse nowadays in an animation project not to have someone around to point that "hey guys.... like.... about that sister Krone".

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Question: if security inside the compound is kept intentionally barebones for the benefit of reducing the kids' overall stress and keeping them happy until the day of their departure, how do they justify keeping around kids who have discovered the secret, more so if those kids are threatening to escape and perhaps take others with them? Are the central cast "done" growing for all intents and purposes? Should we assume they're past the point where living under stress would have negative effects on their value to the demons? If so why not just lock them in a cage and wait to ship them out so they don't cause any trouble? If a little one accidentally saw a demon would they just have to be killed?

Feel free to just say if this is all answered in the manga later, these are just questions I have about the setting from what I've been shown in the anime.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

It seems like only humans actually know about the current situation, the demons are the ones that would want to ship them out right away. There would also probably be consequences of they had to ship our the kids early.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 18, 2019

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah I got the impression that Isabella and Krone aren't telling the demons because their only priorities are self-preservation - they have no genuine loyalty to the demons, and a Mother telling them that secrecy had been compromised on their watch could only bring that Mother negative attention.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah I got the impression that Isabella and Krone aren't telling the demons because their only priorities are self-preservation - they have no genuine loyalty to the demons, and a Mother telling them that secrecy had been compromised on their watch could only bring that Mother negative attention.

Also, Isabella is quite the rear end in a top hat and is enjoying the mind games.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Fabricated posted:

She has that sort of creepy perfection to it where if it was revealed that she was a robot/android/clone or something it wouldn't be a surprise in the least for people. I definitely get where they were going in terms of their designs, but yeah, Sister Krone DEFINETLY had a lot of racist caricature designs.

Deified Data posted:

Question: if security inside the compound is kept intentionally barebones for the benefit of reducing the kids' overall stress and keeping them happy until the day of their departure, how do they justify keeping around kids who have discovered the secret, more so if those kids are threatening to escape and perhaps take others with them? Are the central cast "done" growing for all intents and purposes? Should we assume they're past the point where living under stress would have negative effects on their value to the demons? If so why not just lock them in a cage and wait to ship them out so they don't cause any trouble? If a little one accidentally saw a demon would they just have to be killed?

Feel free to just say if this is all answered in the manga later, these are just questions I have about the setting from what I've been shown in the anime.

This gets explained a bit better in the manga, but the kids of this farm are Deluxe High Grade product meant for the King at his banquet and other extended royalty and Norman, Ray, and Emma would basically be Acorn Jamon Iberico, the ultimate ham(sometimes over $1,000 in price)with pigs raised in the best conditions and allowed to eat the best stuff and even the others like Don and Gilda would be Premium Quality. Basically even the lowest quality kids are still better quality that most everywhere else and these are intended for the king so they don't want to waste them.

There's more stuff, but it's spoiler territory I don't want to go into.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
If the author isn’t a vegetarian this whole story is hypocritical

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sure doesn't look like Isabella's gonna be taking that Face Turn, I guess. Does still raise the question of what she showed Norman and why he looked so surprised by it last week - you would think he'd basically meet any obvious "oh that's there to kill me" answer with more resignation.

PHIL THE TRAITOR?????

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Good god, my heart is pounding.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

And while I don't think Mom is secretly good, I still think she has some sort of Plans that are at odds with the demons. Mainly since whatever it was that Norman saw when that door opened caught him completely by surprise, which considering how bright and meticulous he is, seems important.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wouldn’t be shocked if she has her own idea of how to protect (or “protect”) the kids

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The scenes were handled well but they missed such an easy layup here.

Ray's attempted suicide should've been the cliffhanger of the episode. There's not really too much more to do that couldn't have all been done in the final episode.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Fabricated posted:

The scenes were handled well but they missed such an easy layup here.

Ray's attempted suicide should've been the cliffhanger of the episode. There's not really too much more to do that couldn't have all been done in the final episode.

Not a manga reader, but I feel like the revelations in this episode after that scene would have felt like an even bigger asspull in the last episode. I'm very glad the escape has finally started as well.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Tir McDohl posted:

Not a manga reader, but I feel like the revelations in this episode after that scene would have felt like an even bigger asspull in the last episode. I'm very glad the escape has finally started as well.

I agree somewhat. I do believe the revelations would suffer from being jammed entirely in the last episode (and what else would they fill this episode with?), but it didn't feel like an asspull to me. We saw a lot of things that were suddenly recontextualized, from Emma and Norman talking bluntly with Krone, to some weird reactions of the young kids before Norman left, to the rather conspicuous bit with the kids playing next to the well.

I feel... actually sort of hopeful?? This is very strange.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Oh, I think I was being a little strong with the word "asspull". I agree the foreshadowing was fine. I think I was reacting to Norman knowing exactly what would happen and the timing two months in advance.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

PHIL THE TRAITOR?????

Seemed to be more like Phil the distraction/sacrifice?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Tir McDohl posted:

Oh, I think I was being a little strong with the word "asspull". I agree the foreshadowing was fine. I think I was reacting to Norman knowing exactly what would happen and the timing two months in advance.

Ok, yes, that was a bit ridiculous. In the best way.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tamba posted:

Seemed to be more like Phil the distraction/sacrifice?

No, nobody in the main group seemed to have *planned* to leave him behind - we cut to him immediately after the gang goes "wait are we missing someone?"

Jokes aside, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's not *actually* a deliberate traitor but just a dumb baby blowing everyone's cover by going "Mommy why did everyone run off into the forest, I'm scared?"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Everyone's cover went to 100% blown when she found the ear

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

Everyone's cover went to 100% blown when she found the ear

Well, I meant more in terms of being able to say "THEY WENT THAT WAY"

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Well, I meant more in terms of being able to say "THEY WENT THAT WAY"

But why wouldn't she be able to check them with her watch? I suspect that they were banking on getting enough of a head start.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Maera Sior posted:

But why wouldn't she be able to check them with her watch? I suspect that they were banking on getting enough of a head start.
Emma cut her ear off and Ray got his tracker cut out.

They also have the tracker disabling device too for the other kids.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Emma cut her ear off and Ray got his tracker cut out.

They also have the tracker disabling device too for the other kids.

But I thought disabling the trackers set off an alert.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Maera Sior posted:

But I thought disabling the trackers set off an alert.

I thought when krone was explaining, it was just the mom's/sisters that had something extra surgically implanted in their chests that would sound an alarm if they died. I don't think it was the same for the trackers.

No idea what will happen next but looking forward to it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1111315898189651968?s=19

Sweet
e: wait, what day is today? It's last episode day right?
:ohdear:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 28, 2019

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1111315898189651968?s=19

Sweet
e: wait, what day is today? It's last episode day right?
:ohdear:

It is indeed

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I’ll be damned. I would have bet a decent amount that this would never get a second season.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

it's out

and what an episode it is

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Hell yeah Phil.

Edit: Not really much of one but I'll put that in spoiler tags just in case.

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 28, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Agronox posted:

I’ll be damned. I would have bet a decent amount that this would never get a second season.

Seriously? It's one of Shueishia's biggest sellers. Wasn't shocked in the slightest that it got a second season so soon.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

doomrider7 posted:

Seriously? It's one of Shueishia's biggest sellers. Wasn't shocked in the slightest that it got a second season so soon.

Well... (manga) It is in its final arc. By the time the season is released there won’t be anything new to sell.

Not at all that I’m complaining. I don’t know exactly where S2 would end, but I would really like to see The Battle of Goldy Pond.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/1111376710732124161

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Agronox posted:

Well... (manga) It is in its final arc. By the time the season is released there won’t be anything new to sell.

Not at all that I’m complaining. I don’t know exactly where S2 would end, but I would really like to see The Battle of Goldy Pond.

I'm thinking backlog volumes or they have something else in mind. A spinoff on how the world became like this wouldn't be out of the question either.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Agronox posted:

Vague manga spoilers

How sure are we that it's really the final arc? They could clearly spend a lot of time on this issue before going back to the promise as yet another arc? I don't see the manga wrapping up in less than a year so it's still good spot for them to keep making an anime

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
It was announced as the final arc.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Holy poo poo that finale loving owned. Glad we're getting more.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah that was not only a hell of an episode on it's own, but a drat good finale for this season as well.

I was trying to remember: have we seen any adult men, whether in the flashbacks or shown guarding the gate or something? As i'm desperately trying to conjure up a plausible reason for Norman to still be alive (based entirely on the fact that he seemed to show surprise when the door opened instead of fear, anger, or resolve etc.), i'm wondering if he was selected to go do whatever the male equivalent of becoming a Mother is. Although i'm sure my speculation is just plain wrong, please don't tell me so one way or the other, thanks.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 29, 2019

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I think in Krone's flashback we saw an adult man. He was the guy who dropped the mysterious pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope that isn't where Demons come from... :ohdear: